The Left Have Shot Themselves In The Foot

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
The left constantly clamored for gun control legislation for years and years. Then they wanted to defund the police and handcuff the police so that law enforcement could not do their jobs. Police were portrayed as the bad guys, not the criminals. Police quit in mass and recruiting became much harder, causing severe labor shortages in law enforcement. Statues and murals went put up honoring criminals as heroes. The left let people out of jails because of our high incarceration rates and social injustice. Now crime is skyrocketing in almost the entire country. So, guess what? In order to protect themselves from the onslaught of increased crime, public opinion has now swung away from gun control legislation into the public arming themselves. In effect, the left's very own policies have come back to haunt them so that instead of the public wanting gun control legislation, they want more guns to protect themselves! The left have literally shot themselves in the foot with their very own policies.

The left constantly clamored for gun control legislation for years and years. Then they wanted to defund the police and handcuff the police so that law enforcement could not do their jobs. Police were portrayed as the bad guys, not the criminals. Police quit in mass and recruiting became much harder, causing severe labor shortages in law enforcement. Statues and murals went put up honoring criminals as heroes. The left let people out of jails because of our high incarceration rates and social injustice. Now crime is skyrocketing in almost the entire country. So, guess what? In order to protect themselves from the onslaught of increased crime, public opinion has now swung away from gun control legislation into the public arming themselves. In effect, the left's very own policies have come back to haunt them so that instead of the public wanting gun control legislation, they want more guns to protect themselves! The left have literally shot themselves in the foot with their very own policies.

As always, as forever, the radical left CREATE the very societal problems they claim to abhor. Take any radical leftist policy or platform of the last fifty years and witness how the problem outlined or defined by those policies did not exist UNTIL insane radical leftist political activism created it. I for one will pray for the creation of ten thousand more just like Kyle.

Gun sales spiked during Obama's presidency.

Guns sales dropped under trump.

Gun sales are up again under Joe.

See a pattern?
That is not correct according to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
1637355085812.png

As always, as forever, the radical left CREATE the very societal problems they claim to abhor. Take any radical leftist policy or platform of the last fifty years and witness how the problem outlined or defined by those policies did not exist UNTIL insane radical leftist political activism created it. I for one will pray for the creation of ten thousand more just like Kyle.
Kyle would not have to have been where he was if the left were serious about regaining control of our streets from the bad guys. It's sad when 17 year olds have to take up guns to defend our streets because the left are handcuffing the police from doing it.

As we all know, gun control - making it as hard as possible for the law-abiding to exercise their right to keep and bear arms -- has nothing to do with crime.
Just had yet another case in my area today where a felon killed someone with a gun he should not have had. I just can't understand why the left think that strict gun control legislation will keep guns out of felon's hands. It's like they think felons are going to obey gun control legislation. What is going on in their heads?

As we all know, gun control - making it as hard as possible for the law-abiding to exercise their right to keep and bear arms -- has nothing to do with crime.
Well, what does it have to do with, then?

*I* sure think it has to do with crime!!!

My guns definitely have to do with crime.

Just had yet another case in my area today where a felon killed someone with a gun he should not have had. I just can't understand why the left think that strict gun control legislation will keep guns out of felon's hands. It's like they think felons are going to obey gun control legislation. What is going on in their heads?
Too true. Look at England: guns everywhere. ONLY in the hands of criminals. The laws won't even let you hit a burglar with your cane -----

Could we please not end up like that?

Yeah. If we the people don't arm ourselves, the criminals and rioters will eat us up.

Kyle would not have to have been where he was if the left were serious about regaining control of our streets from the bad guys. It's sad when 17 year olds have to take up guns to defend our streets because the left are handcuffing the police from doing it.

Seventeen year-old Americans have been fighting on the front lines, defending America against all enemies foreign and domestic, since our nation was founded. While Kyle was not a soldier, he fought for truth, justice and the American way just the same.

That is not correct according to Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.
View attachment 566158

(Reuters) - U.S. firearms sales fell 6.1 percent in 2018, according to industry data reported on Tuesday, marking the second straight year of declines and extending the “Trump slump” following the November 2016 election of pro-gun rights President Donald Trump.

They even have a name for the drop of gun sales during trump, "the trump slump."

I don't know what's up with your graph, nor do I have the time to research it.

Yeah. If we the people don't arm ourselves, the criminals and rioters will eat us up.
And, from the left's standpoint, there would be a whole let less guns if we didn't have to defend ourselves from all of the criminals that they let run around loose. Most people wouldn't need guns, which is the point of this thread. Democrats relaxed views, policies, and laws, are making it so that people actually need guns to defend themselves.

(Reuters) - U.S. firearms sales fell 6.1 percent in 2018, according to industry data reported on Tuesday, marking the second straight year of declines and extending the “Trump slump” following the November 2016 election of pro-gun rights President Donald Trump.

They even have a name for the drop of gun sales during trump, "the trump slump."

I don't know what's up with your graph, nor do I have the time to research it.
You don't have to research anything. ATF is who track this stuff, son it is obvious the two of the biggest sales years were 2019 and 2020. The average sales for the entire 2017 to 2020, trump presidency was 1,833,390 per year, compared to the last 4 years of Obama at 1,625,112, with trump years showing an average 12.81% increase over the last 4 years of Obama including the high weapons sales year of 2016. 2016 does not surprise me.
2016 was the year I was approached twice by white supremacists/militia people, attempting to recruit me with an interest as a trainer in weapons and small unit tactics, due to people in their area of their group, having experience with and reasonably knowledgeable of my background history. I was pretty rude telling him to in a public place to Fk off, and stay the FK away from me, after him warning me people with my attitude could be in a lot of trouble if things turned. Therefore, it was the year I personally bought more weapons, got licensed to carry and started stockpiling personal ammo and keeping all weapons in the house loaded at all times. Still do.

biggest sales years were 2019 and 2020.
The year before a General Election and the year of a General Election.

Although gun sales may have increased during those two years ‘under Trump,’ the reason was likely the rightwing lie that a Democratic president would ‘ban’ guns and ‘confiscate’ firearms.

Of course, a president can do neither; only Congress has the authority to enact Federal firearm regulatory measures.

But that fact doesn’t stop the dishonest right from propagating such baseless demagoguery and lies.

The year before a General Election and the year of a General Election.

Although gun sales may have increased during those two years ‘under Trump,’ the reason was likely the rightwing lie that a Democratic president would ‘ban’ guns and ‘confiscate’ firearms.

Of course, a president can do neither; only Congress has the authority to enact Federal firearm regulatory measures.

But that fact doesn’t stop the dishonest right from propagating such baseless demagoguery and lies.
True. The perceived fear of gun confiscation also fails to take into account, the only president that has presided over a gun confiscation, (even to the extent of federalizing troops to assist carrying it out) was George W. Bush, a two term Republican president. Go figure.

Forum List

Back