The Left was right. We sacrifice our military men for oil

Its all part of that vast military-industrial complex and pnac new world order for colonialist imperialism comrades !!!!!!!!!

Who is we?
The US.
The fact that I have to tell you that speaks volumes about you.
The US owns the oil that comes out of the ground? The taxpayers?
If you have a point to make, I suggest you make it.

I don't waste time with assholes who *debate* by asking stupid questions that they know the answer to, in order to make oblique *points* that aren't actually made by the answers provided.
I don't believe we have our own oil. I believe the corporations that extract the oil sell it on the global market. I also believe US corporations have a financial interest in the oil that gets extracted from the ME. So yes, we do sacrifice our people for oil in the ME and elsewhere.
Unless you can drill a hole in your yard pull the base oil out and refine it to run your house and car on you have no point. Of course oil companies have a financial interest it's what they do. There's nothing wrong with that. Still has no bearing on the fact we have plenty here to use ourselves.
The United States is a net importer of crude oil yet our exports of it are skyrocketing since the government lifted the ban on exports. "We" don't have oil. It's privately owned. Our military adventures around the globe are intended to protect the profits of the corporations.

The US.
The fact that I have to tell you that speaks volumes about you.

I don't waste time with assholes who *debate* by asking stupid questions that they know the answer to, in order to make oblique *points* that aren't actually made by the answers provided.
I don't believe we have our own oil. I believe the corporations that extract the oil sell it on the global market. I also believe US corporations have a financial interest in the oil that gets extracted from the ME. So yes, we do sacrifice our people for oil in the ME and elsewhere.
Unless you can drill a hole in your yard pull the base oil out and refine it to run your house and car on you have no point. Of course oil companies have a financial interest it's what they do. There's nothing wrong with that. Still has no bearing on the fact we have plenty here to use ourselves.
The United States is a net importer of crude oil yet our exports of it are skyrocketing since the government lifted the ban on exports. "We" don't have oil. It's privately owned. Our military adventures around the globe are intended to protect the profits of the corporations.
How can you be a net importer and exporter at the same time?

He is obviously mentally ill, as are all the rest of the retards who spout this tripe.

We import crude oil and export refined products.

I didn't say that. I said the US is a net importer. Meaning we import more than we export. And I'm only talking about crude.

Oh and we do have lots of oil reserves. Once oil prices reach 100+ dollars again we might use them.

So, jobs? Is that not a good thing?

They hate jobs and working people almost as much as they hate children and women.

I didn't say that. I said the US is a net importer. Meaning we import more than we export. And I'm only talking about crude.
Why would we be concerned about raw materials? Boo already outed you. We are a net refiner of oil. Why is that bad?

Why would we be concerned about raw materials? Boo already outed you. We are a net refiner of oil. Why is that bad?
Because it's the topic of the fucking thread.

If we purchase raw oil to be refined then sold how is that the topic of the thread. and where does the military come in when we aren't doing anything with oil from the Middle East? You may argue it's for someone else but it's not coming here.

When did I say it was a bad thing?

If we purchase raw oil to be refined then sold how is that the topic of the thread. and where does the military come in when we aren't doing anything with oil from the Middle East? You may argue it's for someone else but it's not coming here.
where does the military come in when we aren't doing anything with oil from the Middle East?
The US imports oil from the ME. Furthermore, US corporations have business contracts in the ME to bring that oil out of the ground. Our military protects those interests. We socialize the cost of doing business and the corporations reap the profits.

Last edited:
where does the military come in when we aren't doing anything with oil from the Middle East?
The US imports oil from the ME. Furthermore, US corporations have business contracts in the ME to bring that oil out of the ground. Our military protects those interests. We socialize the cost of doing business and the corporations reap the profits.
No we actually don't. Most of our oil comes from us, Canada and South America. Very little comes from the ME. Their oil goes to Europe. I don't give a shit about business contacts. Are you sure our military is there for that?

No we actually don't. Most of our oil comes from us, Canada and South America. Very little comes from the ME. Their oil goes to Europe. I don't give a shit about business contacts. Are you sure our military is there for that?

Almost 2 million barrels a day. Half as much as we get from Canada but still not a small amount.

Company Level Imports

Oh and we do have lots of oil reserves. Once oil prices reach 100+ dollars again we might use them.

Actually it takes a price of 54-55 dollars a barrel to make US production profitable, and what we are exporting is refined products and LPG, not crude.

I don't give a shit about business contacts.
The corporations that effectively control your government care. They are using your tax money to protect their interests and are quite pleased that you don't give a shit. Otherwise you might start questioning why we spend so much money in the ME and what benefit you as a taxpayer receive in return.
Are you sure our military is there for that?
Certainly there are competing interests, but I don't know how anyone could deny that the US government supports US business interests around the globe and use the military and clandestine services in that cause. There are plenty of examples that testify to it. Here is a recent one from Iraq.

Oil and Erbil

Last edited:

Actually it takes a price of 54-55 dollars a barrel to make US production profitable, and what we are exporting is refined products and LPG, not crude.

I was thinking of new exploration not tapping known reserves. We don't export much crude oil but at least it's no longer against the law to.

Forum List

Back