The Leftist Puppet Show

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Reading some of the posts on USMB, I'm amazed how people on the left respond to the Power Of Suggestion. It's a term that hasn't been used in some time. It works like this: the media develops words or phrases to describe a matter, and it's repeated over and over again on each leftist show or news program. Limbaugh and Ingraham exemplify this all the time.

Then of course leftists come here as if it was a novel idea of their own and do the same.

Reverse Psychology, a term many younger people here might have never heard of before. But it's described as this:

Reverse psychology: a persuasion technique involving the false advocacy of a belief or behavior contrary to the belief or behavior which is actually being advocated. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional response in reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.

Examples:

We want Trump to give up on this wall idea.

Method: Promote that Trump is cowering to Ann Coulter and Rush Limbaugh.

Expected reaction: No matter how bad Trump wants this wall, he will be too ashamed to pursue it because he doesn't want to be seen as anybody's lackey.

We want people to stop criticizing Obama.

Method: Tell Obama critics that they are racists for saying anything negative about him.

Expected reaction: "Please or please don't call me a racist! I'll do anything but please don't call me that. I'll never say a bad word about Obama or ObamaCare again, but please don't do that."

We want people to stop supporting the wall.

Method: Convince people Mexico paying for it is the issue instead of the wall itself.

Expected reaction: Trump lied to me damn it! I don't want his silly wall. The left has told me it won't work anyway. Nobody lies to me and gets away with it!

For you leftists, if you are going to say things, at least know why you are saying them. Understand that you are being played for fools. You are being led by the nose through media or your leaders. But it's way too transparent. We on the right (particularly us older folks) are much more familiar with the Power of Suggestion and Reverse Psychology, so you're not getting away with anything. Quit trying to convince us we've been betrayed by Trump because Mexico didn't write a check for the wall. It won't work and never will.

Reading some of the posts on USMB, I'm amazed how people on the left respond to the Power Of Suggestion. It's a term that hasn't been used in some time. It works like this: the media develops words or phrases to describe a matter, and it's repeated over and over again on each leftist show or news program. Limbaugh and Ingraham exemplify this all the time.

Then of course leftists come here as if it was a novel idea of their own and do the same.

Reverse Psychology, a term many younger people here might have never heard of before. But it's described as this:

Reverse psychology: a persuasion technique involving the false advocacy of a belief or behavior contrary to the belief or behavior which is actually being advocated. This technique relies on the psychological phenomenon of reactance, in which a person has a negative emotional response in reaction to being persuaded, and thus chooses the option which is being advocated against.

Examples:

Expected reaction: No matter how bad Trump wants this wall, he will be too ashamed to pursue it because he doesn't want to be seen as anybody's lackey.

Method: Tell Obama critics that they are racists for saying anything negative about him.

Expected reaction: "Please or please don't call me a racist! I'll do anything but please don't call me that. I'll never say a bad word about Obama or ObamaCare again, but please don't do that."

Method: Convince people Mexico paying for it is the issue instead of the wall itself.

Expected reaction: Trump lied to me damn it! I don't want his silly wall. The left has told me it won't work anyway. Nobody lies to me and gets away with it!

For you leftists, if you are going to say things, at least know why you are saying them. Understand that you are being played for fools. You are being led by the nose through media or your leaders. But it's way too transparent. We on the right (particularly us older folks) are much more familiar with the Power of Suggestion and Reverse Psychology, so you're not getting away with anything. Quit trying to convince us we've been betrayed by Trump because Mexico didn't write a check for the wall. It won't work and never will.

I have come to this simple, but I think true conclusion: If they could think better, they wouldn't be liberals.

This is especially true when the liberals have reached an age where they really should know better. The truth is: they just can't think better. Sad, but true.

Examples:

It's done by both sides but you are so myopic you can't admit it...

Examples:

I have come to this simple, but I think true conclusion: If they could think better, they wouldn't be liberals.

This is especially true when the liberals have reached an age where they really should know better. The truth is: they just can't think better. Sad, but true.

They can't think period; some do, don't get me wrong, but most of them repeat the same crap over and over again. When you ask them why, they either get insulting, can't give a coherent answer, or repeat some other bizarre reason they heard.

For instance they tell us a wall won't work. Okay, where is your evidence of this? Silence.

Then you post topics of places where walls do work like Hungary, Israel, and even here in the United States. Instead of using logic and at least try to be open minded, they continue with their tunnels and long ladder theories to get around the wall, as if our engineers, military and boarder experts haven't figured that out yet.

Examples:

Care to give any examples?

Examples:

Yeah look at the threads on abortion posted by repubs and conservatives because it is the anniversary of Roe vs Wade.
Many of their post are verbatim from the echo chamber...

Examples:

Rush Limbaugh? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

You assfgcks keep protecting your racist buddies by making the claim that we call Obama dissenters racist.

This is an example of your ilk are disgsting pieces of shit.

Y

Examples:

They can't think period; some do, don't get me wrong, but most of them repeat the same crap over and over again. When you ask them why, they either get insulting, can't give a coherent answer, or repeat some other bizarre reason they heard.

For instance they tell us a wall won't work. Okay, where is your evidence of this? Silence.

Then you post topics of places where walls do work like Hungary, Israel, and even here in the United States. Instead of using logic and at least try to be open minded, they continue with their tunnels and long ladders to get around the wall, as if our engineers, military and boarder experts haven't figured that out yet.

It's astounding, how much absolutely crap these people will swallow in pursuit of political power. Walls don't work. The media is not biased. The climate is changing and it's our fault. That little human growing in the woman's belly is not "sentient" so we can kill it. And on and on and on. You sometimes want to look at them and scream LISTEN to yourselves. Just stop and LISTEN.

But the brainwashing often works. I think sometimes their Overlords purposely feed them hypocritical lies just to see how far they can push. For example, "We are the tolerant, free-thinking ones"

Examples:

Then you post topics of places where walls do work like Hungary, Israel, and even here in the United States. Instead of using logic and at least try to be open minded, they continue with their tunnels and long ladder theories to get around the wall, as if our engineers, military and boarder experts haven't figured that out yet.

Because Israel has a FUCKING FENCE. Not a 40' concrete wall.

Examples:

So we have fences. Your side will still be against it.

Examples:

Then you post topics of places where walls do work like Hungary, Israel, and even here in the United States. Instead of using logic and at least try to be open minded, they continue with their tunnels and long ladders to get around the wall, as if our engineers, military and boarder experts haven't figured that out yet.

It's astounding, how much absolutely crap these people will swallow in pursuit of political power. Walls don't work. The media is not biased. The climate is changing and it's our fault. That little human growing in the woman's belly is not "sentient" so we can kill it. And on and on and on. You sometimes want to look at them and scream LISTEN to yourselves. Just stop and LISTEN.

But the brainwashing often works. I think sometimes their Overlords purposely feed them hypocritical lies just to see how far they can push. For example, "We are the tolerant, free-thinking ones"

Yes, but brainwashing works on weak minds and they know it. It's why they use it.

When they lose presidential elections, they are brainwashed into believing that they didn't lose anything. The Republicans just found a way to cheat them out of their win. If they told their sheep the truth, and that is conservatism is still alive and well, many of them would get disgusted and quit coming out to vote. So never tell them they lost fair and square. Instead, tell them about Russia collusion, Diebold machines, hanging chads, gerrymandering and Voter-ID. But never ever tell them they lost an election.

Examples:

Rush Limbaugh? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha

You assfgcks keep protecting your racist buddies by making the claim that we call Obama dissenters racist.

This is an example of your ilk are disgsting pieces of shit.

Y

There you go. Thanks for supporting my point.

Examples:

Trump cowering to Limbaugh and Coulter?

On his radio show Wednesday, Limbaugh said the president was “getting ready to cave” on getting money for the wall in the budget.

“It’s a textbook example of what the drive-by media calls compromise,” Limbaugh said. “Trump gets nothing, and the Democrats get everything, including control of the House.”

Coulter, during a podcast on the Daily Caller, said Trump’s White House would become “a joke presidency that scammed the American people” if he didn’t build the wall, adding that “he’ll have no legacy whatsoever.” She also wrote a scathing column about the president and launched a flurry of criticisms on Twitter.

Criticizing Obama racist?

How many times has Obama been accused of being Arab?

Examples:

Trump cowering to Limbaugh and Coulter?

On his radio show Wednesday, Limbaugh said the president was “getting ready to cave” on getting money for the wall in the budget.

“It’s a textbook example of what the drive-by media calls compromise,” Limbaugh said. “Trump gets nothing, and the Democrats get everything, including control of the House.”

Coulter, during a podcast on the Daily Caller, said Trump’s White House would become “a joke presidency that scammed the American people” if he didn’t build the wall, adding that “he’ll have no legacy whatsoever.” She also wrote a scathing column about the president and launched a flurry of criticisms on Twitter.

Criticizing Obama racist?

How many times has Obama been accused of being Arab?

Well that was politics, but I fail to see what point you're trying to make. As for DumBama, he chose a terrorist name, so that's pretty much an open invitation to criticism.

Examples:

Yeah look at the threads on abortion posted by repubs and conservatives because it is the anniversary of Roe vs Wade.
Many of their post are verbatim from the echo chamber...

What echo chamber?

Examples:

Democrats supported fences before. They offered 5 billion in border security. But noooooooooooooooooooo, poor Sonnie did not get his wall.

Examples:

Democrats supported fences before. They offered 5 billion in border security. But noooooooooooooooooooo, poor Sonnie did not get his wall.

Offering something and doing something are two different things. Now the ball is entirely in their park and they refuse to negotiate or make any counter offers to Trump. They control the house and have total ability to stop any 60 vote measure in the Senate.

Forum List

Back