The Left's Historical Obsession With Jews and Israel.

NYC has hundreds of anti-Jewish hate crimes - and NOT ONE person caught was far right
Contrary to what are surely the prevailing assumptions, anti-Semitic incidents have constituted half of all hate crimes in New York this year,according to the Police Department. To put that figure in context, there have been four times as many crimes motivated by bias against Jews — 142 in all — as there have against blacks. Hate crimes against Jews have outnumbered hate crimes targeted at transgender people by a factor of 20.This is a startling statistic. FBI hate crime statistics shows that anti-Jewish hate crimes easily outnumber all other anti-religion hate crimes nationwide, and they have since they started keeping records, but usually anti-black crimes are far more prevalent nationwide. New York is the only city where Jews are the top victims of all hate crimes.

The actual numbers are even more stunning. In 2017, there were 151 complaints about antisemitic hate crimes, as opposed to 34 anti-black crimes and 40 anti-gay crimes.

Then the article reveals something that is almost incomprehensible to anyone who relies on the headlines to determine what the biggest threat to Jews in America are:
  • During the past 22 months, not one person caught or identified as the aggressor in an anti-Semitic hate crime has been associated with a far right-wing group, Mark Molinari, commanding officer of the police department’s Hate Crimes Task Force, told me.

First, let's get some old chestnuts out of the way:
  • I don't believe that the terms “antisemitism” and “anti-Zionism” are synonyms.
  • I don't believe that anti-Zionism is the same as Jew-hatred.
  • I don't believe that every single anti-Zionist is a Jew-hater
  • And I don't believe that every single criticism of Israel is inspired by Jew-hatred.
This is what I do believe:

Very many (though not all) anti-Zionists and critics of Israel are indeed Jew-haters; though there's no necessary political or conceptual link between anti-Zionism (or the criticism of Israel) and Jew-hatred. What often happens is that very many people who have a problem with Jews are drawn to anti-Zionism and become obsessed with Israel.

Thus, anti-Zionism and the obsession with Israel are examples of Jew-hatred by proxy. So there are, indeed, very strong historical, theoretical, and political links (all contingent, sure) between anti-Zionism (or the criticism of Israel) and Jew-hatred. One of those links I will discuss here: the history of Far Left Jew-hatred.

The Left's Historical Obsession With Jews and Israel
86045.gif

This is why i dislike religmo's

Always cloaking control, political ideology ,moral highground in the guise of some celestial bullsh*t

Maybe it takes a recovering catholic like myself to point it out?

~S~

Where did You see discussions about religion?
The object is an ethnic minority, not a certain ritual or theological argument.

If it wasn't in a synagogue it could be in an office with a Jewish surname on the door.

Last edited:
The reality is that even on a forum like this there are people who use the term "anti-Semite" for ANYONE who criticizes Israel.

So.....

Would you direct me to a post which validly criticizes Israel's policies or actions and which do not fall into the traps of the 3 D's and to which someone labelled the poster an anti-semite? I don't recall ever seeing one on this board.

I have seen this myself. I object to the Israeli state bombing Palestinian infants and I get accused of this.

Demonization. Double Standards.
I dont understand the point you are making.

You get accused of anti-semitism. There is a reason for that. Its evident in this post. You are not pointing out a valid criticism of Israel. You are applying two of the three D's: Demonization. And Double Standards.

I have seen this myself. I object to the Israeli state bombing Palestinian infants and I get accused of this.

You get accused of anti-semitism. There is a reason for that. Its evident in this post. You are not pointing out a valid criticism of Israel. You are applying two of the three D's: Demonization. And Double Standards.

And acting all coy.

Well I must be less obvious than I thought. I dont like the way that Israel treats the Palestinians. That is a perfectly reasonable stance.You trying to project something else on to that just underlines the point I was making.

Well I must be less obvious than I thought. I dont like the way that Israel treats the Palestinians. That is a perfectly reasonable stance.You trying to project something else on to that just underlines the point I was making.

See how you've softened your language, though? You went from Israel bombing babies to Israel treating the Palestinians. Why do you think you did that?

In order to understand the demonization and double standards, you need to be clear about exactly what policies of Israel you are speaking about, how you exaggerate or make false claims about those policies and also determine what the standard is for the entire world.

Let's start with that. What is the standard for the world? If a governing body of ANY nation openly announces its intent to invade another state, murder the citizens of another state and then sets about firing rockets and breaching the border -- what is the objective standard to which ANY state would be held?

You might also want to discuss rylah's post about the partition of India and Pakistan and contrast that to the partition of Palestine.

You don’t like the way israel reacts to Islamic terrorist suicide attacks, bus bombings, car ramming, knife attacks, pizza shop bombings, 10,000 rocket mortar attacks since 2006, a written charter calling for the destruction of Israel and Israeli citizens, multiple franchises of Islamic Terrorism Intl. inc, launching near daily attacks on Israeli citizens, the same group that was responsible for Black September and the Munich Massacre and now the daily gee-had at the border attempting to breach the Israeli border and “rip the hearts out” of Jews.

Gee whiz. How would you suggest Israel respond to the Islamic barbarians?

See how you've softened your language, though? You went from Israel bombing babies to Israel treating the Palestinians. Why do you think you did that?

In order to understand the demonization and double standards, you need to be clear about exactly what policies of Israel you are speaking about, how you exaggerate or make false claims about those policies and also determine what the standard is for the entire world.

Let's start with that. What is the standard for the world? If a governing body of ANY nation openly announces its intent to invade another state, murder the citizens of another state and then sets about firing rockets and breaching the border -- what is the objective standard to which ANY state would be held?
The number of Palestinian children killed by Israel is well documented. Its wrong and I dont like it.Your attempt to deflect from that makes me wonder if you are ready to actually discuss this.
The real issue is that this does not make me anti semitic, Israel is not above criticism and my belief is that these accusations are designed to make it so.

You don’t like the way israel reacts to Islamic terrorist suicide attacks, bus bombings, car ramming, knife attacks, pizza shop bombings, 10,000 rocket mortar attacks since 2006, a written charter calling for the destruction of Israel and Israeli citizens, multiple franchises of Islamic Terrorism Intl. inc, launching near daily attacks on Israeli citizens, the same group that was responsible for Black September and the Munich Massacre and now the daily gee-had at the border attempting to breach the Israeli border and “rip the hearts out” of Jews.

Gee whiz. How would you suggest Israel respond to the Islamic barbarians?
The casualty figures suggest that this is an unequal struggle.

The number of Palestinian children killed by Israel is well documented. Its wrong and I dont like it.Your attempt to deflect from that makes me wonder if you are ready to actually discuss this.
The real issue is that this does not make me anti semitic, Israel is not above criticism and my belief is that these accusations are designed to make it so.

Israel is absolutely not above criticism. But it MUST be criticized within the context of an objective standard of behaviour which applies everywhere in the world. Why is it that you don't want to discuss an objective standard?

Yes, the number of children killed in the conflict is well documented. What is the objective standard here? That conflict must be conducted with absolutely no children killed -- even if those children are directly involved as combatants?

Forum List

Back