The Liberal Illusion of Equality and Tolerance: Homosexual Edition

jesus is not paul, teabagging requires only one pair of balls, and you should have spent that time writing your resume instead of offering another incredibly lame screed.

So, our young friend doesn't have a job, but has time to write endless rants about his dislike of homosexuals. Interesting.

Some advice, kiddo, spend some time learning something useful. Nobody gives a damn about who you don't like, and expressing those dislikes only closes doors you really need open. Education beats bullshit, hands down, every time, on the job market. The market for tradesmen is wide open. Far more jobs than qualified people. So get your ass off of that coach, and learn enough that you are actually useful to somebody.

Can the law require a Christian to do business with a Muslim? Can the Christian businessman refuse to serve Muslims, claiming religious rights?

Or can the Muslim claim the right not to be discriminated against because of his religion?

What are you talking about?

jesus is not paul, teabagging requires only one pair of balls, and you should have spent that time writing your resume instead of offering another incredibly lame screed.

Heck, I offered to write his resume for him, and he turned it down.

Nah, I won't take anything from you. Given how you denigrate my faith openly, I want nothing to do with you. Besides, I've written my resumes. Yeah, didn't see that one coming did you? Back on topic.

Perhaps that is the problem?:razz:

So, our young friend doesn't have a job, but has time to write endless rants about his dislike of homosexuals. Interesting.

Some advice, kiddo, spend some time learning something useful. Nobody gives a damn about who you don't like, and expressing those dislikes only closes doors you really need open. Education beats bullshit, hands down, every time, on the job market. The market for tradesmen is wide open. Far more jobs than qualified people. So get your ass off of that coach, and learn enough that you are actually useful to somebody.

So far, That's FIVE Liberals who have failed to make reasoned arguments without bringing my job situation into it. If I want job advice, I'll seek professional help, and most certainly not from the likes of you.

Oh wait, is that you telling me how to live my life? Like you don't want Christians telling gays how to live theirs? Thou hypocrite!

Can the law require a Christian to do business with a Muslim? Can the Christian businessman refuse to serve Muslims, claiming religious rights?

Or can the Muslim claim the right not to be discriminated against because of his religion?

You know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about your claim that a business can discriminate against anyone they want by claiming their religious rights under the 1st Amendment.

What if they want to discriminate against another religion? What happened to the other party's religious rights?

[

Say what? So you label us over what a lunatic mother did to kill her children? Such disingenuity! So, what if Obama or the liberal establishment told you to kill me? Would you?

I don't find her to be any more of a lunatic than any other asshole who uses "God Told Me To" to justify their stupidity. If it weren't for the God Stupidity in her family, they'd have stopped using her to make more babies when she obviously couldn't handle it. But you guys think an abortion is the same as murdering a baby, so I guess it's all the same to you.

I don't care what gays do in the privacy of their own homes, but to stage public displays of their sexuality for all to see? Do you see straight holding parades flaunting theirs? You want government to stay out of the sex life of a homosexual, but demand that government legalize gay marriage. Once again, just who do you think is it that issues marriage licenses in the first place, genius?

So you were traumatized by the sight of men in Assless Chaps in a pride parade once?

This isn't a discussion about govenrment, and you homophobes were all for using government when popular opinion was on your side. Now you've become flaming libertarians now that you are in the minority on this and every other issue.

Uh we knew exactly what it meant. We also knew how to turn such an insult into a brand. Tea bagging can also mean dipping a teabag into a cup of water, you know to let the water absorb the flavor? Hey there are so many ways we could have gone with that. By the way, I'm not interested in unsubstantiated stories of "If I heard it thus it must be true."

Guy, I first heard Tea Party folks using the word Teabagger from their own lips. And after I stopped snickering, I explained to them what it meant.

So, you want revenge? Is that it? Hurt us for somehow hurting you? Should you take the time to examine Islam, you would see for yourself that they are a thousand times more hostile to homosexuals than we Christians are. Oh yeah, in Islam, they don't mind beheading someone for being a homosexual. Talk about "depriving gays of their life." You want society to acknowledge you, but you don't care if you take the rights and liberties of others hostage in the process? And we should we acknowledge you as equals, why exactly?

Guy, the only reason we have a problem with Islam is because we keep sticking our noses in their business. The Muslims weren't bothering me and I wasn't bothering them, until we fought a few wars for Zionism and Exxon.

I don't plan to. But hey, you don't mind telling us Christians how we are so oppressive and hateful of homosexuals, though, which is strange actually, since marriage normally involves religious elements of some sort.

Well, no, it really doesn't. Marriage existed long before Paul of Tarses made up his God-man Jesus.

We're stupid? Is that it? George W. Stupid? Are we in the Fourth grade now?

That little rant had nothing to do with the question. You drew false correlations and made absurd delineations. Post hoc, ergo propter hoc. Moving on.

Well, yeah, I can understand you failing to get it. All you Wingnuts voted for Bush in 2004 (and frankly, I did to), but in the case of the Christian nutters, it was because he promised to ban gay marriage. Totally ignore Cheney's daughter is a lesbian, we really hate the ghey, honestly.

So you end up with Gay marriage anyway, AND a busted economy. You didn't get what you wanted and you have less than what you started with. How'd that work out for you?

Yeah, and that's number two liberal taking shots at me about my job. Funny how you use that as a crutch for not answering my argument.

I call it impeaching your credibility. Until you've actually gotten your fat ass off the couch you really don't have an argument to make.

If I were perfectly free to believe what I want, why do we have people like you trying to promote the homosexual lifestyle onto others? Why is it you would call some of us hateful and bigoted if we didn't support it?

No, we call you hateful and bigotted because you are hateful and bigotted. The fact you use the bible to rationalize it is besides the point.

The Bible is the divinely inspired word of God, this, Jesus spoke each and every word of it. Nextly, you say you don't care about what I believe, but stand there and try to convince me that Jesus didn't exist? History begs to differ Joe, and that is your Waterloo. Your faux pas.

There's not one shred of historical evidence jesus was real, and even the Gospels disagree on key points of his life. Now, you would think that if God inspired the bible, he'd get key facts straight, like when Jesus was born. (Matthew says 4 BCE, Luke says 6 AD).

Now, you can trot out scholars who don't want to offend their grant writers, but I like this thing called EVIDENCE.

It's kind of important.

Because, frankly, the only thing we have evidence of is Paul of Tarses making up this Jesus guy, and then others fan-ficing his life story later.

To the author of this thread, or anyone for that matter:

Was Reynolds v. United States wrongly decided? To refresh your memory or educate you, Reynolds was the 1878 Supreme Court case that upheld laws against bigamy,

against the Mormon defendant's argument that polygamy was a 'religious duty' of his faith.

A key point made by the court:

." The court considered that if polygamy was allowed, someone might eventually argue that human sacrifice was a necessary part of their religion, and "to permit this would be to make the professed doctrines of religious belief superior to the law of the land, and in effect to permit every citizen to become a law unto himself."

Do you agree or disagree with the above?

Reynolds v. United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's keep trying. How can polygamy be made illegal if it's a religious belief?

Looks like I caught you liberals in another lie, once again. You are so ensconced within your own hatred of me, and intolerance of my views, to give a damn about my argument. You are the fiddle, I am the player. Consider yourselves played, once again.

[

For other reasons than to flaunt who they are. They actually wanted equality. You want acknowledgement. You're like little kids begging for attention. Geez. How dare you pass yourselves off as tolerant?

They want the same things you already enjoy. They want the ability to put a picture of their partners on their desks and not have anything said about it.

My last boss (not the one who fired me for getting sick, but the one after that) was a Lesbian. Yet she never talked about her partner, never brought in pictures from home like her coworkers did, and was very private about her private life because of people like you.

[

Wow. Talk about convoluted arguments. How does my sexual fear (or lack thereof in this case) have anything to do with me not having a job? Hmm?

Again with the convoluted arguments. If you create a public institution, which confers benefits, then it should be equally available to everyone.

Well, your laziness and whining are factors, to be sure. But the fact is, we have an economy that is about one step removed from The Lord of the Flies, and the Plutocrats like it that way.

Here's the thing. That gay person who would be sitting next to you if you had a job is really in the same boat you are. Worried about the bills and obligations. The guy in the corner office is trying to figure out which one of you to fire is not your friend.

If you express a desire for that public institution to disabuse itself from your private life, but turn around and ask it to condone what you do in your private life, that makes you a hypocrite.

Again, you are a bit confused. I don't want the government to stick its nose into anyone's bedroom.

But if there's a legal benefit to an institution, everyone should be able to access it. Not just those who worship the right Imaginary Sky friend.

You know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about your claim that a business can discriminate against anyone they want by claiming their religious rights under the 1st Amendment.

What if they want to discriminate against another religion? What happened to the other party's religious rights?

Would you dare ask this question to a Muslim? Or they somehow untouchable? Is it for fear that unlike us, they will find a reason to hurt you for it? Your question is hypocritical. If a Muslim said he wanted to discriminate against Gays, Christians and Jews, I doubt you would question him in such a manner.

Joe, your argument gets weaker and weaker. If you don't want the government to stick its nose into your bedroom, why are you asking them to condone the practice of homosexuality? Hmm? My faculties are just fine, it's yours I'm concerned about.

Given that my job is irrelevant to this discussion, that also makes your argument irrelevant, Joe. My employment has zero to do with this discussion, and it shows how intellectually bankrupt you are by having to stoop to such a level to argue with me.

And if I want your autobiography about YOUR sordid adventures with employment, I'll ask for it. Which will be never.

He added three more.

9) Why during the debacle with Chic-fil-A in 2012 did you feel the need to stage kiss ins in front of people eating their lunch, during a lunch rush? To me, this is you imposing your lifestyle on unsuspecting strangers at a restaurant.

I don't know, guy, why did black folks do sit-ins at the lunch counters of businesses in the Jim Crow South. Why did Rosa Park insist on sitting at the front of the bus? How dare she impose herself on unsuspecting strangers!

being black or a different race is not an action nor a choice nor a learned behavior... homosexual activity is

Would you dare ask this question to a Muslim? Or they somehow untouchable? Is it for fear that unlike us, they will find a reason to hurt you for it? Your question is hypocritical. If a Muslim said he wanted to discriminate against Gays, Christians and Jews, I doubt you would question him in such a manner.

If I reverse the religions in my question, will you stop dodging it?

He added three more.

9) Why during the debacle with Chic-fil-A in 2012 did you feel the need to stage kiss ins in front of people eating their lunch, during a lunch rush? To me, this is you imposing your lifestyle on unsuspecting strangers at a restaurant.

I don't know, guy, why did black folks do sit-ins at the lunch counters of businesses in the Jim Crow South. Why did Rosa Park insist on sitting at the front of the bus? How dare she impose herself on unsuspecting strangers!

being black or a different race is not an action nor a choice nor a learned behavior... homosexual activity is

Yes? Because you tried being gay? You made that 'choice?'

I'm gonna have to call bullshit.

Sighs, "I sense much fear in you."
- Yoda

Arizona, "The next time you have a thought, just let it go." - Ron White

Anyone else? I know there are some levelheaded liberals out there. Now's the time to represent!

Sighs, "I sense much fear in you."
- Yoda

Arizona, "The next time you have a thought, just let it go." - Ron White

One would think being gay is contagious, judging by the hand-wringing and clutching of pearls going on around here.

Shouldn't I be gay by now? I've been living with a lesbian couple since July 1st.

If I reverse the religions in my question, will you stop dodging it?

If you stop dodging, will you answer my OP? Why should I answer your question, given your proclivities to promote Islam over Christianity, giving them greater allowances to practice their faith and discriminate against women and homosexuals? I don't respond to inquiries conducted by hypocrites.

Joe, your argument gets weaker and weaker. If you don't want the government to stick its nose into your bedroom, why are you asking them to condone the practice of homosexuality? Hmm? My faculties are just fine, it's yours I'm concerned about.

Given that my job is irrelevant to this discussion, that also makes your argument irrelevant, Joe. My employment has zero to do with this discussion, and it shows how intellectually bankrupt you are by having to stoop to such a level to argue with me.

And if I want your autobiography about YOUR sordid adventures with employment, I'll ask for it. Which will be never.

Your employment status is not relevant, but you might want to show a bit of reciprocal consideration by not trying to make everyone else's points some sort of hypocrisy issue.

By your logic, a religious person with religious convictions against homosexuality should be able to refuse to pay his taxes,

on the grounds that they go to a government that supports gay rights,

and defend his refusal on 1st amendment grounds. You can't really believe that, can you?

Forum List

Back