The Lie That Obama Keeps Repeating

We have had a Department of Defense for over 200 years and what do we have to show for it?

We still have wars. All that defense spending does not appear to be working

That really is the stupidest thing I've read since coming back here. Thanks. You define yourself well.

On second thought...that is pretty stupid isn't it?

To think that all that military spending will somehow stop wars. About as stupid to think that money spent to help the poor will someday end poverty

Did you know that far more is spent on social programs than defense? ( Income redistribution ....The Departments of Health and Human Services, HUD, and Agriculture (food stamps)) are higher.

One more thing you didn't know.
The link doesn't work. Give us one that does and will back up your claim.

Who's "us"???

You have a tapeworm?

Anything I post is true and accurate.

Web site of the National Debt Awareness Center - NDACBOSS
You made a claim that more was spent on Health and Human Services, HUD and Food Stamps. The link you used, Income redistribution, has an era in it and does not link to anything. The one you are now providing does not address your claim.
Most of the stuff you post in not true and accurate and is more often than not found to be distortions. It is now on you to show us, not a tapeworm, us being the people reading your thread, that the little ditty you threw into the mix is accurate and real with a clear and unbiased link to factual data. Do we spend more on Health and Human Services, HUD and food stamps than military defense? Maybe we do. Maybe you can prove it.

1. If one is an inveterate Liberal, one is relieved of the necessity of actually thinking.
In no area is this more evident than in welfare policy.

Let's, remember, first of all, that Liberalism/Progressivism is centered on the idea that bureaucrats, technocrats, invested with the power of an all knowing central government, are there to do the thinking for the herd, the mob, the 'reliable Democrat voters.'

Their voters never have to consider the function of the welfare system...but let's force the issue:

a. Is the welfare system there to 'offer a hand up, not a hand out,' i.e., to help move folks out of poverty.....
or...
b. to redistribute wealth from earners to takers, an keep the 'poor' feeding at the public trough?

A or B?

After presenting your opinion you are trying to confirm it is valid by asking loaded and restrictive questions that can only reinforce your fraudulent and misrepresentative views. The reasons for welfare are far more complicated, guantitative and complex than you present. You fail to include what happens when basic assistance is not distributed in some form to masses of poor or destitute people when they become desperate for what they perceive are necessities or genuine factual necessities such as food, clothing and shelter.

Thats the PC way.

So...what do the facts tell you?
a. Is the system there to 'offer a hand up, not a hand out,' i.e., to help move folks out of poverty.....
or...
b. to redistribute wealth from earners to takers, an keep the 'poor' feeding at the public trough?

A or B?

3. Let's assume any good Liberal would answer 'a.'.....

a. What's to stop any 'reliable Democrat voter' from reaching into his or her own pocket and voluntarily forking over their earnings either to the IRS, or to charitable institutions?

Nothing.

But...they don't.

· "Despite their reputation as “caring,” political liberals give less of their income to charitable causes than conservatives.

· People who mistrust big government give more of their money and time as volunteers to take care of the poor themselves.

· Government spending displaces private dollars to charities, weakening their ability to garner private support.

· People who are religious [e.g., conservatives] give more across the board, not only to religious causes but to non-religious charities as well.

· Charity isn’t just a rich man’s activity: The working poor give a greater proportion of their income than the middle or upper classes.

· Americans give far more money and volunteer much more frequently than Europeans.

· Charitable giving fosters not only personal happiness, but economic growth and prosperity.

[For a real eye-full, check out what Obama and Biden historically give to charity.]

Who gives in America? About three out of four families give charitable gifts each year. The average amount is $1,800, or 3.5 percent of their income. Brooks finds that the most generous donors have four key traits: religious faith, skepticism about the government in economic life, strong families, and personal entrepreneurism. Where these converge, dollars flow freely toward charitable causes." Review of Arthur C. Brooks Who Really Cares - TIC

4. Real Americans, those whose views are consistent with those of the Founders, don't believe in coerced redistribution.

As Thomas Jefferson once wrote regarding the "general Welfare" clause:

"To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his father has acquired too much, in order to spare to others who (or whose fathers) have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, "to guarantee to everyone a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it." US Department of the Treasury
Founding.com A Project of the Claremont Institute

1. Again...why a or b?

a.Why not both?

1. As Thomas Jefferson once wrote regarding the "general Welfare" clause:

"To take from one, because it is thought his own industry and that of his father has acquired too much, in order to spare to others who (or whose fathers) have not exercised equal industry and skill, is to violate arbitrarily the first principle of association, "to guarantee to everyone a free exercise of his industry and the fruits acquired by it." US Department of the Treasury

2. Charity is not a government function....read the Constitution.

a. There is nothing in the Constitution banning Congress from helping people who need help

2. You are welcome to show a single court case that proclaims charity is not a government function

You're as dumb as a Liberal....oh...wait....

The authorized functions of the federal government are clearly listed in article 1, section 8, you dope.

More remedial education:

• “I cannot find any authority in the Constitution for public charity. [To approve this measure] would be contrary to the letter and spirit of the Constitution and subversive to the whole theory upon which the Union of these States is founded.” President Franklin Piece (1804-1869)
  • “I can find no warrant for such an appropriation [for charity relief] in the Constitution, and I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit.” —President Grover Cleveland (1837-1908)

c. I see you failed to come up with that court case on constitutional powers

1. Personal opinions have no relevance. I also laugh in that you are the only person I have ever seen quote something that Franklin Pierce believed. Perhaps our worst President in history

"Perhaps our worst President in history."
Nah....Barack Hussein Obama (peace be on him) fills that niche.

So...what do the facts tell you?
a. Is the system there to 'offer a hand up, not a hand out,' i.e., to help move folks out of poverty.....
or...

A or B?

3. Let's assume any good Liberal would answer 'a.'.....

a. What's to stop any 'reliable Democrat voter' from reaching into his or her own pocket and voluntarily forking over their earnings either to the IRS, or to charitable institutions?

Nothing.

But...they don't.

· "Despite their reputation as “caring,” political liberals give less of their income to charitable causes than conservatives.

· People who mistrust big government give more of their money and time as volunteers to take care of the poor themselves.

· Government spending displaces private dollars to charities, weakening their ability to garner private support.

· People who are religious [e.g., conservatives] give more across the board, not only to religious causes but to non-religious charities as well.

· Charity isn’t just a rich man’s activity: The working poor give a greater proportion of their income than the middle or upper classes.

· Americans give far more money and volunteer much more frequently than Europeans.

· Charitable giving fosters not only personal happiness, but economic growth and prosperity.

[For a real eye-full, check out what Obama and Biden historically give to charity.]

Who gives in America? About three out of four families give charitable gifts each year. The average amount is $1,800, or 3.5 percent of their income. Brooks finds that the most generous donors have four key traits: religious faith, skepticism about the government in economic life, strong families, and personal entrepreneurism. Where these converge, dollars flow freely toward charitable causes." Review of Arthur C. Brooks Who Really Cares - TIC

4. Real Americans, those whose views are consistent with those of the Founders, don't believe in coerced redistribution.

As Thomas Jefferson once wrote regarding the "general Welfare" clause:

1. Again...why a or b?

a.Why not both?

a. There is nothing in the Constitution banning Congress from helping people who need help

2. You are welcome to show a single court case that proclaims charity is not a government function

The authorized functions of the federal government are clearly listed in article 1, section 8, you dope.

More remedial education:

• “I cannot find any authority in the Constitution for public charity. [To approve this measure] would be contrary to the letter and spirit of the Constitution and subversive to the whole theory upon which the Union of these States is founded.” President Franklin Piece (1804-1869)
  • “I can find no warrant for such an appropriation [for charity relief] in the Constitution, and I do not believe that the power and duty of the General Government ought to be extended to the relief of individual suffering which is in no manner properly related to the public service or benefit.” —President Grover Cleveland (1837-1908)

1. Personal opinions have no relevance. I also laugh in that you are the only person I have ever seen quote something that Franklin Pierce believed. Perhaps our worst President in history

Court case??????

So...you stand shoulder to shoulder with the Dred Scott Decision?

That really is the stupidest thing I've read since coming back here. Thanks. You define yourself well.

On second thought...that is pretty stupid isn't it?

To think that all that military spending will somehow stop wars. About as stupid to think that money spent to help the poor will someday end poverty

Did you know that far more is spent on social programs than defense? ( Income redistribution ....The Departments of Health and Human Services, HUD, and Agriculture (food stamps)) are higher.

One more thing you didn't know.
The link doesn't work. Give us one that does and will back up your claim.

Who's "us"???

You have a tapeworm?

Anything I post is true and accurate.

Web site of the National Debt Awareness Center - NDACBOSS
You made a claim that more was spent on Health and Human Services, HUD and Food Stamps. The link you used, Income redistribution, has an era in it and does not link to anything. The one you are now providing does not address your claim.
Most of the stuff you post in not true and accurate and is more often than not found to be distortions. It is now on you to show us, not a tapeworm, us being the people reading your thread, that the little ditty you threw into the mix is accurate and real with a clear and unbiased link to factual data. Do we spend more on Health and Human Services, HUD and food stamps than military defense? Maybe we do. Maybe you can prove it.

How many times do I have to smash the custard pie in your kisser?

Which is greater, 17.7% or 24.7%?

Take your time.

2013 United States federal budget - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

a. Is the welfare system there to 'offer a hand up, not a hand out,' i.e., to help move folks out of poverty.....
or...
b. to redistribute wealth from earners to takers, an keep the 'poor' feeding at the public trough?A or B?
Actually, our welfare system does both

We want to provide a safety net of food, shelter and healthcare
We also want to provide educational opportunities, jobs programs and incentives for businesses who provide jobs in impoverished areas
Education? Now that's funny!

Devil's Advocate: Not only should all welfare programs be ended to encourage evolution and survival of the fittest, but any and all public assistance, kindness to the poor, etc. should too. Why help the weak survive and pass on failure-genes only ensuring the problems continues with the next generation? Everytime we send food and money to Africa during famine and hard times, all we do is help weak people go on living long enough to reproduce and multiply the problem.

Let the weak die. Problem solved.

Please explain why able-bodied adults deserve to be subsidized with welfare?

Thank you. :)

'Cause they vote Democrat.

Devil's Advocate: Not only should all welfare programs be ended to encourage evolution and survival of the fittest, but any and all public assistance, kindness to the poor, etc. should too. Why help the weak survive and pass on failure-genes only ensuring the problems continues with the next generation? Everytime we send food and money to Africa during famine and hard times, all we do is help weak people go on living long enough to reproduce and multiply the problem.

Let the weak die. Problem solved.

Please explain why able-bodied adults deserve to be subsidized with welfare?

Thank you. :)

'Cause they vote Democrat.

Social Justice means stealing from one set of people to pay off another set of people. It is looting by any other name.

It is the only trick the Obummbler knows.....that and being a compulsive liar.

Dems have been fighting the "War on Poverty" which was actually a War on the Black male head of household for 50 years and what do we have to show for it?

We have had a Department of Defense for over 200 years and what do we have to show for it?

We have freedom, but with liberals working on it, not for long.

1. Again...why a or b?

a.Why not both?

More remedial education:

Court case??????

b. Until conservative scumbags win a case that claims welfare is unconstitutional, it will remain a function of government

Dems have been fighting the "War on Poverty" which was actually a War on the Black male head of household for 50 years and what do we have to show for it?

We have freedom, but with liberals working on it, not for long.

Freedoms just another word for nothing else to lose

or...
b. to redistribute wealth from earners to takers, an keep the 'poor' feeding at the public trough?A or B?

We also want to provide educational opportunities, jobs programs and incentives for businesses who provide jobs in impoverished areas

?

Crumbs are given to the poor to enslave them and buy their votes. To add anything further to the debate is a lie.
Assistance is given to the poor because almost a century ago the nation made a decision that the whole of the country had an obligation and duty to help the vulnerable. The decision has been re-affirmed and reinforced ever since. It is what the American people decided to do in the 20th Century. There have always been imperfections and complaints about how the system works or doesn't work, but the only solution that has ever been found is related to access to jobs. That is the only solution that works to relieve the assistance rolls and lists.

More remedial education:

Court case??????

b. Until conservative scumbags win a case that claims welfare is unconstitutional, it will remain a function of government

And there it is!

The Liberal white flag!

Time and again, when folks realize they have been skewered, their language falls to the vulgar. It's one of those hard to hide psychological tells....your anger at being bested leaks out as vulgarity.

or...

?
Keep minorities uneducated, then they will forever be dependent on government. The democrat belief, without it liberals wouldn't have any power.

or...

?
Keep minorities uneducated, then they will forever be dependent on government. The democrat belief, without it liberals wouldn't have any power.

I am going to have to see documentation on that or just assume you are a flaming retard

Forum List

Back