The Lord is Non Partisan

I don't recall Jesus saying anything. Actually, I haven't even seen his signature on a single document either.
That's your problem. I may disagree with Sue about political issues of this life, I will raise a glass to her as she enters heaven if I am lucky enough to get there.

True and that includes believers who make public policy.

Believers who make public policy can absolutely decide it's not Christian to rob Peter to support Paul. Jesus didn't say, "hey bureaucrats, get paid to take money from some people, against their will, so other people are supported."

In fact, "God loves a cheerful giver". 2 Cor 9:6

You seem more calm now that you've found religion, maybe this is good for you. :113:
I have not changed. I am not religious. It is a matter of spirituality. I am very calm when need be and not so calm when need be. So don't be white trying to tell me how to act.

That's your problem. I may disagree with Sue about political issues of this life, I will raise a glass to her as she enters heaven if I am lucky enough to get there.

Some days I can't wait. Actually. All days. Not that I'm miserable here. I'm just tired. I guess, world-weary.

Also, absolutely same.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
Believers who make public policy can absolutely decide it's not Christian to rob Peter to support Paul. Jesus didn't say, "hey bureaucrats, get paid to take money from some people, against their will, so other people are supported."

In fact, "God loves a cheerful giver". 2 Cor 9:6

Do not twist scripture to meet your political beliefs. Jesus said to care for the least of them and that everyone was required to do so. There should be no taking against anyone will because God is the one handing out the wealth. Therefore if a person is unwilling to help others with some of what god has provided to them, God will take it from them. Do not quote Pauls letters to the people of Corinth to me out of context. The words Jesus spoke on this matter are clear and precise. Your interpretation is incorrect.

I don't recall Jesus saying anything. Actually, I haven't even seen his signature on a single document either.
That's your problem. ......
Why do you call that a "problem"? Superstition and being hoaxed is a problem. Being honest is the solution to the problem. If superstition and fantasy are part of a video game, a science fiction film, or a theatrical performance then that's OK for entertainment but in the reality of life, they are a scourge to humanity.

Do not twist scripture to meet your political beliefs. Jesus said to care for the least of them and that everyone was required to do so. There should be no taking against anyone will because God is the one handing out the wealth. Therefore if a person is unwilling to help others with some of what god has provided to them, God will take it from them. Do not quote Pauls letters to the people of Corinth to me out of context. The words Jesus spoke on this matter are clear and precise. Your interpretation is incorrect.

The 8th commandment is "Thou Shalt not steal". If what you say is correct, there could be no "stealing" in the first place. God owns everything; there are no "possessions" for anyone to steal.

This commandment, in addition to "God loves a cheerful giver", blows a hole through your case for govt confiscation. Nothing wrong with fair taxation. Taking from Peter to pay Paul...nope.

The 8th commandment is "Thou Shalt not steal". If what you say is correct, there could be no "stealing" in the first place. God owns everything; there are no "possessions" for anyone to steal.

This commandment, in addition to "God loves a cheerful giver", blows a hole through your case for govt confiscation. Nothing wrong with fair taxation. Taking from Peter to pay Paul...nope.
No it doesn't Sue. Your robbing Peter to pay Paul is a very weak argument. God made man. God and Satan put ideas in our minds. Any idea that contradicts the teachings of christ is satans deception. God provides for us, therefore we are not to steal what God has provided another person. We are bound by Gods laws and that includes our systems and institutions. Government is mandated by god to help those who are in need. And the problem with what you express is that the people talking about peter robbing somebody is that they are the ones doing the robbing.

Last, since God loves a cheerful giver then there should be no one complaining about having to give to support those who don't have as much. Jesus tells us not to build our treasure here and that the rich and greedy are getting their reward now, but will not be rewarded in the end. So you can talk all that Peter robbing Paul nonsense you want, but that is fake news as it pertains to the instructions Jesus gave us.

Why do you call that a "problem"? Superstition and being hoaxed is a problem. Being honest is the solution to the problem. If superstition and fantasy are part of a video game, a science fiction film, or a theatrical performance then that's OK for entertainment but in the reality of life, they are a scourge to humanity.
You have not died to find out if what you say is true or not. Therefore you are a fool.

Forum List

Back