Zone1 The main reason people hate religion

Personally, I think those who reject Christianity, religion, faith/belief is because of the truly unattractive way it is either introduced to them or forced on them.

They never get to experience the benefits as they are only exposed to misuse or abuse.
I've been a Christian most of my life.. There was a time when all things in my life were more or less sunshine and kittens. Then a lot of hideous things happened.

of course hideous things happen to everyone at some time or another...

Why should people be shown some sunny world as a Christian (if only they would join us) when there will in fact come that time when... Jesus will seem to be nowhere around.. it will seem God has abandoned you, as Christ felt on the Cross (My God, my God, why have You forsaken Me?)

It is wrong to get people to be Christians by telling them that or implying that only good will come of it. I am not saying you are implying such... but these are some thoughts ...

Or maybe you just think that people who have different beliefs "hate" your beliefs. And there are other religions besides Christianity do do you think people who are religious but aren't Christians "hate" Christianity too?
I have been hated for years by non-Catholics.

When you have been Catholic for some 10 years and outspoken about your Catholic faith, then you can understand.

or maybe you think you can understand just from an academic kind of overview of what you think is the situation...

doesn't work

When you have been Catholic for some 10 years and outspoken about your Catholic faith, then you can understand.

or maybe you think you can understand just from an academic kind of overview of what you think is the situation...

doesn't work
I’ve been hated by non-Christians, including Catholics, for my entire life for being Jewish. Any thoughts on that?

I’ve been hated by non-Christians, including Catholics, for my entire life for being Jewish. Any thoughts on that?
sorry to hear that.

I have never hated Jews or even thought of them in a negative way even though there is at least one family member (I'm estranged from most of my family... long story) who is anti-Jew, thinks they are money hungry and essentially rule the world and etc... I never subscribed to that, although Soros ... what can I say?

The Catholic Church is the only Christian Church that retained the Jewish religion or MANY traditions (etc) from it. It's interesting that that family member is far from being what I would call a devout Catholic (last time I looked anyhow).

As one Jewish-then-Protestant-then Catholic person once put it, after going to a Mass for the first time

"It's Jewish (!), except with Christ.."

I've been a Christian most of my life.. There was a time when all things in my life were more or less sunshine and kittens. Then a lot of hideous things happened.

of course hideous things happen to everyone at some time or another...

Why should people be shown some sunny world as a Christian (if only they would join us) when there will in fact come that time when... Jesus will seem to be nowhere around.. it will seem God has abandoned you, as Christ felt on the Cross (My God, my God, why have You forsaken Me?)

It is wrong to get people to be Christians by telling them that or implying that only good will come of it. I am not saying you are implying such... but these are some thoughts ...
No. When the Lord gives us an obvious opportunity to witness, of course he is pushing us to do just that. It would be wrong of us not to. And we are commanded to live our lives in a manner that exalts God/Christ so that others see and at least wonder and so as not to encourage others, especially the children, to sin.

I think we are unwise to overtly preach to those who haven't opened the door or a window at least a crack for that and/or give us permission to do so. It makes us look like the guy wearing the sandwich board saying "The end is nigh" or the Hari Krishna obstructing traffic on the sidewalk and pushing flowers on people. And I have never encountered, heard, or read about a single soul who sought out God/Christ by insulting him/her or by being told he/she was going to hell or that his/her religion was all wrong or bad.

No. When the Lord gives us an obvious opportunity to witness, of course he is pushing us to do just that. It would be wrong of us not to. And we are commanded to live our lives in a manner that exalts God/Christ so that others see and at least wonder and so as not to encourage others, especially the children, to sin.

I think we are unwise to overtly preach to those who haven't opened the door or a window at least a crack for that. It makes us look like the guy wearing the sandwich board saying "The end is nigh" or the Hari Krishna obstructing traffic on the sidewalk and pushing flowers on people. And I have never encountered, heard, or read about a single soul who sought out God/Christ by insulting him/her or by being told he/she was going to hell or that his/her religion was all wrong or bad.
do you think I do that?

I speak Truth .. if people don't like it.. it's on them

do you think I do that?

I speak Truth .. if people don't like it.. it's on them
On a public message board, when the topic is faith, religion, beliefs or attitudes about those, I figure those participating in the thread are giving permission for exchange of ideas about that.

But again, I don't think attacking people's faith that we think is all wrong or their church affiliation or insulting/threatening them with religious proclamations does anything to help them see or accept any truth and pretty much creates anger, resentment and/or drives them away from the Christ.

This I think was the message in the quote attributed to Jesus: "Matthew 10:16 Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves. . ."

wow.. a liberal agrees with me on something

Are you Catholic? former Catholic?
I was born at a Catholic hospital; into a Catholic family; baptized a Catholic; confirmed a Catholic; been to over a 1000 masses; was an alter boy and spent 8 years in parochial school.

BTW, I'm still a Catholic.

doesn't work

You sound like you have extreme paranoia.

The question I ponder is how religion lives in the heads of those who hate it to the point they feel the need to justify their position on religion forums--and to the point they try to convince people of faith how wrong religion is. I cannot think of anything I hate so badly that it has taken up residence, rent free, in my head to the point of spilling out to others who are basically strangers.

Are there many reasons, unique to each individual?

• Religion hurt so badly, a need to tell that story, to vent.
  • Was something missed when they were involved in religion, and they hope to find it communicating with others.
  • How do others embrace and love something others find hateful.
  • Is there a spiritual realm beyond physical evidence/proof, and if so, how can it be explored logically with the brains we have.
I am certain there are many additional reasons. My question in return is how can people of faith assist you? I agree we should not try to proselytize or convert. With those off the table, how can we help? Or can we?

The question I ponder is how religion lives in the heads of those who hate it to the point they feel the need to justify their position on religion forums--and to the point they try to convince people of faith how wrong religion is. I cannot think of anything I hate so badly that it has taken up residence, rent free, in my head to the point of spilling out to others who are basically strangers.

Are there many reasons, unique to each individual?

• Religion hurt so badly, a need to tell that story, to vent.
  • Was something missed when they were involved in religion, and they hope to find it communicating with others.
  • How do others embrace and love something others find hateful.
  • Is there a spiritual realm beyond physical evidence/proof, and if so, how can it be explored logically with the brains we have.
I am certain there are many additional reasons. My question in return is how can people of faith assist you? I agree we should not try to proselytize or convert. With those off the table, how can we help? Or can we?
I am certain there are many additional reasons.

really ...

1681955078624.jpeg

such as the denial for the actual course of events all three desert religions have perpetuated throughout history and the congregations that support them - without remorse and a proclivity to continue their criminal activity.

than to bring them to justice for the sake of humanity.

What is a religion without followers? If a particular faith produces a lot of intolerant assholes then there is something going on that needs fixing.

So you think the intolerant assholes of the followers of the religion of hate are this damned ugly intolerant assholes who tell them there is not any need for hate? ... I guess that's true. Love seems to be indeed sometimes damned intolerant. Love loves even the hateful ... Perhaps this is one reason why the hateful destroyed Bycantine - an empire which hated wars very much - and why the orthodox church is more than only helpless today under "their" anti-Christian KGB Putriarch in the current moment of world history,

“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

Compared with Christians he had been a crusader with non violent methods. In case of the real crusaders this had been an absurdity. His non violent way was successful because he fought against the British empire where many Christians lived. In case of the Hindus themselve and in case of the Muslims the results of his non-violent way had been much weaker. He was not even able to avoid the absurde founding of Paktistan.

And by the way: This is a damned racist sentence. An answer he never got: Someone had been able to say "I like Hinduism - but I do not like Hinduists" - and if his contemporary Hitler had said so then "Good night, Hindus".

Last edited:
Abuse is abuse regardless of the source or person. Equally disgusting and I wn't bend my morals to derend then. I highly doubt though that there are many people who said " I hate religion and do not be!lieve in God because of those creepy Catholic priests I read about". It's an excuse for those trying to appear principled when in fact they are just looking for excuses to happily be demons themselves in whatever capacity they choose to abuse others.

You are wrong. Here in Germany: When a Catholic bishop speaks bullshit then also many Portestants leave their church. When in the USA Evangelicals say nonsense then in Germany also Catholics leave their church. And so on.

Some years ago everywhere on the whole planet every policemen was able to arrest any priest of the Catholic church because of child abuse and everyone had believed this is true. Today even this is totally superflous. Everyone knows that every priest of the Catholic church is a child abuser because the church is a criminal organisation of child abusers.
No one of all this people knows what really had happened in any concrete case of child abuse in the own near - but they all together are allknowing about the criminal organisation Catholic Church.

Forum List

Back