Zone1 The main reason people hate religion

To hate is to care enough to hate.

To dislike is something I can explain with rational and valid reasons.

Child abuse, pedophilia, ...........
You are talking about a small group of outlying Catholic priests,.that is NOT the reason people hate religion it is ready-made excuse to hate religion. If only the same people shared the same opinion of child abusing cops or the molesting brothers of cops...

You are talking about a small group of outlying Catholic priests,.that is NOT the reason people hate religion it is ready-made excuse to hate religion. If only the same people shared the same opinion of child abusing cops or the molesting brothers of cops...

There is a disturbing trend of disgusting trannies and their enablers, when being confronted regarding their sick intentions towards children, of whatabouting straight to the Catholic priests, as if to say, "You let them do it, you're going to let US do it".

Not while I'm breathing, foul demons.

There is a disturbing trend of disgusting trannies and their enablers, when being confronted regarding their sick intentions towards children, of whatabouting straight to the Catholic priests, as if to say, "You let them do it, you're going to let US do it".

Abuse is abuse regardless of the source or person. Equally disgusting and I wn't bend my morals to derend then. I highly doubt though that there are many people who said " I hate religion and do not be!lieve in God because of those creepy Catholic priests I read about". It's an excuse for those trying to appear principled when in fact they are just looking for excuses to happily be demons themselves in whatever capacity they choose to abuse others.

I think people hate religion for reasons that they never actually GIVE you for hating it.

The main one being: They hate that Christians are not perfect.

They know someone, maybe a parent or some other close family person... who is judgmental or rejecting or whatever and they say That is not what a Christian is supposed to be like, and they are usually correct, but that is no reason to dismiss Christianity outright, always and forever..

People who do that (reject a religion outright because of its members) and we all do it at one time or another... are focusing on People and not on Christ..

It is not easy to stop focusing on people... they are ubiquitous... and we have to interact with them at times...

But you can't confuse bad Christians with Christianity...
Christians recognize they are not perfect and have objective morals for which to achieve. People who like to judge Christians should themselves be subject to the same scrutiny.

Are you? You'd be wrong. I am older and grizzeld. The Bible tells me how to live. It will not allow me to listen to someone who has no idea of who, or what God is and what He says.
I was brought up backwoods southern baptist. I experienced the cult aspects of Christianity first hand. Since my childhood was destroyed by "good Christians" I have every right to criticize.

I was brought up backwoods southern baptist. I experienced the cult aspects of Christianity first hand. Since my childhood was destroyed by "good Christians" I have every right to criticize.
iu

Just the part that's an authoritarian political movement trying to masquerade as a religious faith.
The left is the authoritarian political movement, which explains why it’s so incensed at religions.

Why do you find it so threatening if I go to Seder with my fellow Jews, avoid pork, and read from the Torah? Instead, you support dragging little kids to drag shows and a president who orders the FBI to raid the house of his #1 political opponent.

Perhaps you need to rethink things.

The left is the authoritarian political movement, which explains why it’s so incensed at religions.

Why do you find it so threatening if I go to Seder with my fellow Jews, avoid pork, and read from the Torah? Instead, you support dragging little kids to drag shows and a president who orders the FBI to raid the house of his #1 political opponent.

Perhaps you need to rethink things.
Mind your own business and worship as you see fit and you'll never hear a complaint from me. It's only when religious bigots try to legislate their twisted morality that I have a problem.

Mind your own business and worship as you see fit and you'll never hear a complaint from me. It's only when religious bigots try to legislate their twisted morality that I have a problem.
Like what legislation, for example? The voters decide on whom they want to represent them, and the reps vote the people.’s interests.

I think people hate religion for reasons that they never actually GIVE you for hating it.
It may be more that they do not see religion delivering on its promises. We may need to ask what they expect from religion that they don't see anyone receiving? Perhaps they do not see the benefit coming close to equaling their input, so not worth the effort?

The main one being: They hate that Christians are not perfect.

They know someone, maybe a parent or some other close family person... who is judgmental or rejecting or whatever and they say That is not what a Christian is supposed to be like, and they are usually correct, but that is no reason to dismiss Christianity outright, always and forever..

People who do that (reject a religion outright because of its members) and we all do it at one time or another... are focusing on People and not on Christ..

It is not easy to stop focusing on people... they are ubiquitous... and we have to interact with them at times...

But you can't confuse bad Christians with Christianity...
The BIBLE gives the answer. No reason to guess:

the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Forum List

Back