Zone1 The main reason people hate religion

The BIBLE gives the answer. No reason to guess:

the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
How does one receive the "Spirit of Christ"? The Spirit of Christ is received when one obeys the Spirit of Truth's instructions concerning "all truth", the Holy Spirit delivered truth as He was directed by Christ from Heaven, after Jesus ascended into Heaven (John 16:13-15). The World "cannot receive" the messages as revealed by the Holy Spirit (John 14:17). Why can't the world receive the Spirit of Truth? Because the Spirit does not live within the world.........it lives only in those whose ground is fertile enough to accept and be led into the seed of ALL TRUTH. (Luke 8:5-8)

In simple terms..........if the Word of God dwells within you (your mind) you are being directed by Jesus Christ Himself who commissioned the Holy Spirit to bring Truth to the World.......or as the Spirit of Truth declares, you are being directed by the LIGHT of this world, Jesus Christ (John 8:12) There is only one place to find Truth.........The Word of God. (John 17:17) We must be "sanctified" in this TRUTH and worship in Spirit (mind) and Truth to enter the Kingdom of God...i.e, THE CHURCH given to the Christ by the Father (Matthew 16), if you follow this truth.......the Gates of Hades (death) shall not prevail against you, your spirit will escape the punishment of Hell reserved for Satan and his angels.......i.e., those who worship the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4, Matt. 24:41, Rev. 12:19, 20:13)

The command is simple with no ambiguity whatsoever, "Sanctify them through Thy truth: Thy word is truth, and thou has sent Me into the world, even so I have sent them (His disciples) into the world; and for their sake I sanctify Myself, that they might also be sanctified through the truth. NEITHER I PRAY FOR THOSE ALONE, BUT FOR THEM WHO ALSO WHICH SHALL BELIEVE ON ME THROUGH THEIR WORD:" -- John 17:17-23

If you are expecting some Miracle to be baptized by the Holy Spirit you have missed the Truth. The world has neither lot nor part in bestowing the gifts of the Spirit upon the disciples of Christ.......only those commissioned by Christ Himself to deliver the truth as directed by Christ from Heaven have this ability to pass on the gifts of the Spirit (Acts 8:9-23)

Today, there is only one method to be "sanctified" in the Spirit of Truth. "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." -- 2 Tim. 2:15

The supernatural gifts of the Spirit would cease/fail. When? When that which is perfect comes (made whole or complete in original Greek).........i.e., the Perfect Law of Liberty, the word as delivered by Jesus from Heaven (1 Cor.13).....the Perfect Law of Liberty has been delivered ONCE (James 1:25, Jude 3).......that Law was delivered by the saints of the 1st century.

Today the gifts of the Spirit that remain are "Faith, Hope, and Charity/Love" -- 1 Cor. 13:13

It is through LOVE that I defend this truth and attempt to direct others to the Knowledge of the Truth with the Hope they might be saved through the truthful revelations of Christ Jesus, as God would have "all men" come to the knowledge of this truth which was once a mystery (Col. 1:26-27)........and find salvation through accepting this truth from Heaven (1 Tim. 2:4)

It is through LOVE that truth can be accepted. As a parent, would you teach your children anything other than TRUTH which never fails, even when that truth is unwanted? Truth is ABSOLUTE....there are no gray areas, TRUTH HAS NO AGENDA.......it speaks the same for everyone, or it was never truth in the 1st place.

Last edited:
Christians recognize they are not perfect and have objective morals for which to achieve. People who like to judge Christians should themselves be subject to the same scrutiny.
They need an excuse to NOT try or do better

People who hate religion hate it because they are on the outside looking in, clueless about what is in there, so, barring their inability to get into religion, the next easiest thing to do is to try to delegitimize it as a silly, primitive practice so there is nothing needing gotten into.
yes, that is very true. I noticed that before, but apparently only on an unconscious basis...

I needed to see your words in black and white :)

But what is really bad is that they choose to stay on the outside looking in. I think a lot of that involves just not wanting to give up... whatever. But whatever you give up for Christ is nothing compared to what He gives..

If only they knew that.. which is why we have to evangelize

Demon possessed....
that's the reason they reject Christianity?

True story

In fact, nowthat I think of it... why would anyone at all reject Jesus just because of how His followers... aren't angels?

so yeh, you trumped me (so to say)

LOL

I think people hate being preached to, they also believe that man and our relatively primitive science have all the answers and an intangible ghost in the sky doesn't compute with them. Still others might feel resentment that a person of Faith believes that they are "better than me" when that person is guided by holy principles. Others still, just hate people in general so they find an excuse to hate others who don't even harm them.
great points

esp that last one

that's the reason they reject Christianity?

True story

In fact, nowthat I think of it... why would anyone at all reject Jesus just because of how His followers... aren't angels?

so yeh, you trumped me (so to say)

LOL
I think the vast majority of people would be terrified to actually meet an angel. They're not little winged babies strumming a harp, after all. There's a reason why the first thing they always seem to say is, "Don't be afraid".

I think people hate religion for reasons that they never actually GIVE you for hating it.

The main one being: They hate that Christians are not perfect.

They know someone, maybe a parent or some other close family person... who is judgmental or rejecting or whatever and they say That is not what a Christian is supposed to be like, and they are usually correct, but that is no reason to dismiss Christianity outright, always and forever..

People who do that (reject a religion outright because of its members) and we all do it at one time or another... are focusing on People and not on Christ..

It is not easy to stop focusing on people... they are ubiquitous... and we have to interact with them at times...

But you can't confuse bad Christians with Christianity...
That is true.

I think the vast majority of people would be terrified to actually meet an angel. They're not little winged babies strumming a harp, after all. There's a reason why the first thing they always seem to say is, "Don't be afraid".
They are terrifying if they reveal themselves as they really are

I think people hate religion for reasons that they never actually GIVE you for hating it.

They know someone, maybe a parent or some other close family person... who is judgmental or rejecting or whatever and they say That is not what a Christian is supposed to be like, and they are usually correct, but that is no reason to dismiss Christianity outright, always and forever..

People who do that (reject a religion outright because of its members) and we all do it at one time or another... are focusing on People and not on Christ..

It is not easy to stop focusing on people... they are ubiquitous... and we have to interact with them at times...

Personally, I think those who reject Christianity, religion, faith/belief is because of the truly unattractive way it is either introduced to them or forced on them.

They never get to experience the benefits as they are only exposed to misuse or abuse.

"Religion" is far too broad of a word to use in a discussion like this. You're just inviting confusion by using such a general word that means different things to different people. But if by "religion" you meant faith in the true living God / Creator of the universe, then a few people answered the question, including DA's answer in post #40.

but that is no reason to dismiss Christianity outright, always and forever..

the deliberate fallacies of the religion itself -

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

written in the c-bible by the crucifers who murdered jesus for the very reason to use their victum for their own purposes, a religion of servitude and political / social purpose - paterfamilias.

What makes you think we give a damn about what you think?

the crucifier is strong among many -

1681804858313.jpeg

for centuries, from their beginning - predictors, the symbolic representation of their empowering congregations.

"Religion" is far too broad of a word to use in a discussion like this. You're just inviting confusion by using such a general word that means different things to different people. But if by "religion" you meant faith in the true living God / Creator of the universe, then a few people answered the question, including DA's answer in post #40.
I just went back to look at post #40 to see what the “answer” was - and that post has been deleted. Was it something offensive to people who don’t believe in Jesus?

Or maybe you just think that people who have different beliefs "hate" your beliefs. And there are other religions besides Christianity do do you think people who are religious but aren't Christians "hate" Christianity too?

I just went back to look at post #40 to see what the “answer” was - and that post has been deleted. Was it something offensive to people who don’t believe in Jesus?
I still see it, and nothing offensive about it. Here it is:

The BIBLE gives the answer. No reason to guess:

the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God. But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
This is what Paul wrote to the Romans.

Forum List

Back