The methods of conversion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by OCA
American history, recent American history says they have been and will be discriminated against in all theatres of life. A.A. does not discriminate against them it levels the playing field, it is my opinion that some whites don't want a level playing field for whatever reason.

I fail to see the logic where they are being discriminated against by act of law.

Affirmative Action is discrimination by act of law. The cause of "levelling the playing field" does not justify racial discrimination. Does levelling the playing field justify murder? I'm just wondering what other crimes besides race discrimination will be justified in the name of "levelling the playing field" in the future.

Its not racial discrimination, whites aren't being discriminated against, the murder equation is absolutely ridiculous.....lets just forget about, I am at least.

But one last question before I go so you can have the last word: do you believe that nothing should've been done at any time during the 20th century about any injustices minorities were facing or do you believe that they faced injustices at all? Also if left alone do you believe that the problems would've just sorted themselves out?

Originally posted by OCA
Its not racial discrimination, whites aren't being discriminated against, the murder equation is absolutely ridiculous.....lets just forget about, I am at least.

But one last question before I go so you can have the last word: do you believe that nothing should've been done at any time during the 20th century about any injustices minorities were facing or do you believe that they faced injustices at all? Also if left alone do you believe that the problems would've just sorted themselves out?

Maybe they're not IN SOCIETY, but they are BY THE POLICY. I just think race based discrimination is always bad.

We needed to go through the civil rights movement when we did. And gueess what, we decided raced based discrimination was wrong.

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
Maybe they're not IN SOCIETY, but they are BY THE POLICY. I just think race based discrimination is always bad.

We needed to go through the civil rights movement when we did. And gueess what, we decided raced based discrimination was wrong.

Wait maybe i'm not done. So you are saying there is no discrimination in society? Ever been to a black neighborhood? Where by the way government(whites) over the years has subliminally herded these people to almost like the Indians and the reservations, take a look around and see what type of businesses the government allows to start up there, if it ain't a liquor store or check casing place its rare.

Also who is we? As far as I know that law is still on the books.

Please answer my questions as i've been so kind to answer yours forthrightly.

Originally posted by OCA

These were the questions I was referring to by the way.

Originally posted by OCA
Wait maybe i'm not done. So you are saying there is no discrimination in society?

No. I'm saying a policy of "revenge" discrimination is unjustified regardless.
Ever been to a black neighborhood? Where by the way government(whites) over the years has subliminally herded these people to almost like the Indians and the reservations, take a look around and see what type of businesses the government allows to start up there, if it ain't a liquor store or check casing place its rare.
It doesn't matter. Racial discrimination is wrong ESPECIALLY as an alleged tool of justice.
Also who is we? As far as I know that law is still on the books.

Please answer my questions as i've been so kind to answer yours forthrightly.

I already said I thought we needed the government intervention in the civil rights era to help eliminate racial discrimination. Instituting new racially discriminatory policies in the name of justice is irrational, if you agree that individuals should not be discriminated against due to their race.

So one can gather that your policy is no action and status quo, both of which were clearly and overwhelmingly stacked against minorities, is better than any action. And you wonder why it is that people feel about you the way they do. Thanks for the discussion though.

Because of the random nature of it's enforcement, AA can never hope to redress instances of provable discrimination.

How does an undeserved windfall, given to a person on the basis of the color of his skin, benefit the person who suffered from actual bias?

As such, AA is irrelevant to discrimination.

Originally posted by OCA
So one can gather that your policy is no action and status quo, both of which were clearly and overwhelmingly stacked against minorities, is better than any action. And you wonder why it is that people feel about you the way they do. Thanks for the discussion though.

No, my policy is to use existing discriminations laws to prosecute cases of disccrimination, not to use use institutionalized preemptive discrimination under the mistaken impression that it's some form of justice.

Well DK, before this thread goes down in AA flame, I want to say that I agree with you. There has been an increase in the amount of narrowminded conservatives lately, which I think has also increased the amount of flame against libs.

I'm not affected by the namecalling but I can see how a more emotional person would, if you want to call me an idiot because I think a relatively small part of all our taxes should go to the poor, I don't care. Most of the conservatives on the board that have been around for months I respect.

To KL, its too bad you didn't show up earlier this year, but I would recommend sticking around until the amount of flame goes down because you really do learn of many different positions and ideas you would never hear anywhere else.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I'm not affected by the namecalling but I can see how a more emotional person would, if you want to call me an idiot because I think a relatively small part of all our taxes should go to the poor, I don't care. Most of the conservatives on the board that have been around for months I respect.

To KL, its too bad you didn't show up earlier this year, but I would recommend sticking around until the amount of flame goes down because you really do learn of many different positions and ideas you would never hear anywhere else.

Ditto.
Eventhough I cannot stand that expression.

Anyway before I was sucked in by evil incarnate the original topic was methods of conversion. I will reiterate that to be 100% for one side or the other is not only narrow minded but damaging to the country if you are in a position to have that sort of influence. America was built on compromise and will always be that way.

Originally posted by OCA
Anyway before I was sucked in by evil incarnate the original topic was methods of conversion. I will reiterate that to be 100% for one side or the other is not only narrow minded but damaging to the country if you are in a position to have that sort of influence. America was built on compromise and will always be that way.

Ditto:p:

Originally posted by OCA

Compromise is not the highest moral good.

not everybodies morals are exactly the same, everyone is an INDIVIDUAL, or do we throw that out because it fucks up our individual rights argument?

therefore, compromise is the only thing you have left besides killing off the other side.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
not everybodies morals are exactly the same, everyone is an INDIVIDUAL, or do we throw that out because it fucks up our individual rights argument?

therefore, compromise is the only thing you have left besides killing off the other side.

Would you compromise with someone who thought murder shouldn't be illegal?

Ok severe beatings are illegal but not murder! Everybody wins!

My thinking is that open discussion is necessary, but so are everyones morals. You cannot compromise your morals. If there is to be agreement, fine, but do not compromise the morals.

If nothing gets accokplished, then so be it. If a solution is NECESSARY, somebody's morals and ethics will change the priorities so that their morals will change to a better way and a solution will be reached.

American government was supposed to work this way. It was not intended to be a system of compromise to allow the lowest common denominator of slime.

In the regard of the board, we have no need to all agree, therefore normal conversation without bashing would be the most appropriate thing, I would think.

Recognize I am the first to jump up and proclaim self incrimination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back