The middle and lower classes

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
I go into a Walmart and the majority of adults there are obese.

Go into a Trader Joe's or Whole Foods and you will see thin fit people.

Why are the middle and lower classes less concerned with health and appearance?

Why would anyone feed their children this unhealthy processed cheap crap?

Good food costs a lot more and takes time and effort to prepare. People have grown used to convenience foods and kids want that shit like a crackhead wants crack.

Because we are a two-income family society now.

When I was a child, all kids ate dinner at home prepared by mom. That's because mom stayed home all day long and had the time to prepare meals.

Today is different time; a time created by liberals and their obsession with equality.

Now mom comes home from work, throws some TV dinners in the microwave if that. Many times, it's fast food or junk food.

Sure, we went to McDonald's when I was a kid, but that was about twice a year, and it was usually to treat the family to something outside of home made dinners. Mothers just don't have the time today working 40 to 50 hours a week at their jobs. Years ago, being a mother was their job. We didn't even have school lunch believe it or not, and yet we survived because we had full time moms.

Because we are a two-income family society now.

When I was a child, all kids ate dinner at home prepared by mom. That's because mom stayed home all day long and had the time to prepare meals.

Today is different time; a time created by liberals and their obsession with equality.

Now mom comes home from work, throws some TV dinners in the microwave if that. Many times, it's fast food or junk food.

Sure, we went to McDonald's when I was a kid, but that was about twice a year, and it was usually to treat the family to something outside of home made dinners. Mothers just don't have the time today working 40 to 50 hours a week at their jobs. Years ago, being a mother was their job. We didn't even have school lunch believe it or not, and yet we survived because we had full time moms.

rofl.gif

It's not that the use of sugar and HFCS has soared, it's not that the middle class' income has steadily been chipped away by oligarchs; it's not that Big Food deliberately packages, markets, targets and places this shit where it will look like a (short term) money saver, it's not that foods like wheat have been Frankenfooded into dangerous drugs; it's not that junk food is relentlessly advertised on TV, the most effective propaganda machine ever invented -- along with the instant-gratification microwave culture ...

---- no, "people are fat because Liburruls". :rofl:

Doze EEbul Liburruls had to go tell Mom she can work if she wanna! Now I'm forced to go to Chuck E Cheese!
hair-fire.gif

Classic.

Last edited:

Maintaining the Whole Foods/Trader Joe's lifestyle is expensive and time consuming leaving little with which to achieve obesity.
:biggrin:

Yeah this prolly should have been in Health and Lifestyle.

The lower classes are by definition kept uninformed. Those TJ/Ho Foods shoppers are there in the first place because they know better than to just jump at "cheapest", that all foods are in no way created equal, and that commercial food operations have anything but the customer's health in mind.

If you took a poll in that Mal-Wart I doubt you'd find many people who even know what "processed food" means, let alone why it's not a wise choice.

Forum List

Back