The MO State Senator who posted "I hope Trump is assassinated" on Facebook should resign

How many years should she be imprisoned (max is 20)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
She should probably resign, jail time though? Give me a break.
Federal law demands she does PRISON time not exceeding 20 years for advocating the desirability of Trump's assassination.

18 U.S. Code § 2385 - Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government

Shall be .... imprisoned ... twenty years.... ineligible for employment by the United States ... five years next following ... conviction.

It's even MORE important that she is imprisoned since she is a US Senator. A Senator is not your ordinary citizen. A Senator's opinion carries weight in society and is more likely than not to actually trigger a loon to follow through on her fantasy.

Advocating the desirability? Can you name the statute?

Federal law demands she does PRISON time not exceeding 20 years for advocating the desirability of Trump's assassination.

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government

Shall be .... imprisoned ... twenty years.... ineligible for employment by the United States ... five years next following ... conviction.

It's even MORE important that she is imprisoned since she is a US Senator. A Senator is not your ordinary citizen. A Senator's opinion carries weight in society and is more likely than not to actually trigger a loon to follow through on her fantasy.

You can vote me WINNER btw. K thx bai

She's not going to prison as they will find there is no intent. Also, she's not a US Senator.

She's not going to prison as they will find there is no intent. Also, she's not a US Senator.

Intent is not in the law. It says knowingly or willfully advocates. She advocated for it. Intent is not an element of this law.

You're right though, she's only a MO Senator. Good catch. The law still applies to her.

Intent is not in the law. It says knowingly or willfully advocates. She advocated for it. Intent is not an element of this law.

You're right though, she's only a MO Senator. Good catch. The law still applies to her.

She's not going to do a day in prison. We all know this. I don't believe it's illegal to say you wish the President was assassinated.

She's not going to do a day in prison. We all know this. I don't believe it's illegal to say you wish the President was assassinated.

Use a thesaurus. Wish = Desire. Desire is directly stated in the code.

Use a thesaurus. Wish = Desire. Desire is directly stated in the code.

Not happening, good luck.

It's not treason and not quite terroristic threatening, no no real crime was committed...

HAH you are a damn fool, calling for the assassination of a president IS a crime, and don't even post she wasn't calling for it you piles of shit LOST that argument long ago during the campaign with the 2nd Amendment shit you tried to make stick. Of course yourshitpiles don't have to respect other peoples rights, lives, ideas, or property because they are communist, and everything belongs to them. Just like the king before we killed all of his soldiers. Shit like you have tried to rule us before, it did not work then, and we will not be ruled now, especially by scum like you leftist murdering shit.

Liberals are a disaster. Trump this Trump that. It's all BS and they really bring us down.

I don't know, of late I'm having thoughts of leaving the country. It's that or move out into the country, which I'll probably do. Sure won't be in Ca. A shame what they've done.

It's not treason and not quite terroristic threatening, no no real crime was committed...

Agreed. If her constituents have an issue with what she said then they can vote her out in the next election.

Sorry NO chance this gets by, either by the lawful removal or as needed I am sure all it will take is a word from our Prez.

No. She's going to stay and fight. She was the state senator that actively participated on the ground with ferguson protesters inciting them to riot against white cops. She then went on MSNBC and said in 2014 that "This is OUR Race War."

State Sen. Chappelle-Nadal: ‘This is our race war’
Ferguson turns protest into political power
State senator arrested at Ferguson protest

She "accidently-on-purpose" made and then deleted the assassination comment KNOWING what it would cause. She made a calculated move and actually wants to go through this ordeal in public while pretending it was a mistake. She WANTS CIVIL WAR.

She just made her self the de facto leader of the militant left by refusing to resign today saying "I refuse to resign and will fight to the end" to MO's Lt Governor.

This was a very bold and risky political move to truly overthrow the US Government, one that Machiavelli and GoT fiction character Littlefinger would be proud of.

If the authorities don't put on any pressure on her, she'll remain in office --- a slap in the face to all sense of law and order, opening the floodgates to any elected Democrat to call for his assassination.

If the authorities do put pressure on her, she's going to fight and play victim and stir up massive riots like she did in Ferguson, until shots are fired everywhere.

This was very well premeditated by her and extraordinary effective. She WINS either way.

Last edited:

Why dumbass, you think the same thing cant be said about your shit in a suit? BTW he is not in office anymore is he so I guess it wouldn't be a crime to ask for him to be dropped, or would it? Any person who infers that a sitting public official be killed in ANY way commits a felony, not just under the federal statute but by all state laws. YOUR shit are not above the law even though you want them to be.

the gov tweeted that either she resign or she will be removed

she should be under investigation as well

I doubt she personally intends to assassinate Trump but she knows that some of her followers are a bunch of angry antifa and BLM thugs who are already thinking about it. Some of the antifa signs suggest killing cops, too. While they likely can't get at Trump, any Trump supporter is a potential target as it is. And it won't take much encouragement to push them toward more violence.

She should be charged because she is encouraging murder.

No overt threat. She just wished it would happen. Kind of like that right wing senator who prayed for Obama to die.

IT does not take an overt threat, it is very broad, maybe you should learn what the term advocates means.

Here
ad·vo·cate
noun
plural noun: advocates
ˈadvəkət/
  1. 1.
    a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
  2. ad·vo·cate
    noun
    plural noun: advocates
    ˈadvəkət/
    1. 1.
      a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy.
    verb
    3rd person present: advocates
    ˈadvəˌkāt/
    1. 1.
      publicly recommend or support.
      "they advocated an ethical foreign policy"
      synonyms: recommend, prescribe, advise, urge

Forum List

Back