The Moody Bluest Of All

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Graeme Edge, born in Staffordshire England—— one of the co-founders of, and the last surviving original band member of The Moody Blues still with the band, one of the best rock and roll bands of all time passed away today.

He is second on the right. RIP Graeme. May you dream on many, many more dreams now.

tqz3vp7w9vr21.jpg

9da66b29e5e1457bc537488a1cc8ef53.jpg

Last edited:
Thank s for posting I had no idea he was the last. One of my favorite all time groups. I don't see talent like them these days.

They were an ensemble group much like Yes, though different compositionally. Both specialized in conceptual albums, where everyone contributed equally with different talents where no one particularly stood out individually as the "Leader." There were no drum solos, no guitar riffs-- -- each song was a tapestry of vocals, harmony and an ever changing melody of ever-changing instruments woven together.

I still have a first pressing copy of their very first album released-- still sealed, never played, very hard to find --from the 1960s before they adopted the melotron which ushered in their "Moody Blue" sound.

Very sorry to hear of Graeme’s passing. RIP. I believe that there are still a couple original members still alive though.

Still alive, yes, but no longer with the band. Graeme Edge was the only remaining original member of The Moody Blues still performing in the band. However, Justin Hayward and John Lodge, from the best-known version of the band, are also still with the band. With his death, the band no longer has any original members within its line-up.[6]

Still alive, yes, but no longer with the band. Graeme Edge was the only remaining original member of The Moody Blues still performing in the band. However, Justin Hayward and John Lodge, from the best-known version of the band, are also still with the band. With his death, the band no longer has any original members within its line-up.[6]
they were the first rock band as far as i know.....to record an LP with a full classical orchestra....

they were the first rock band as far as i know.....to record an LP with a full classical orchestra....

Yes, that may be true of 'Days of Future Passed,' I'm not sure who was the absolute very first. If Future Passed wasn't the very first, it was damned close to it. I played Nights In White Satin at my wedding.

One of my all time favorite bands.

Graeme's voice was the one your heard during the ending of 'Nights In White Satin', known as 'Late Lament'.

Breathe deep the gathering gloom,
Watch lights fade from every room.
Bedsitter people look back and lament,
Another day's useless energy spent.
Impassioned lovers wrestle as one.
Lonely man cries for love and has none.
New mother picks up and suckles her son.
Senior citizens wish they were young.
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
Removes the colours from our sight.
Red is grey and yellow white,
But we decide which is right
And which is an illusion.

Forum List

Back