The Mormonizing Of America

You brought up mass murder, Carla, in a religious context, so I expanded it to atheist believers and mass murderers.

You have been taught on the Board that you can't have it both ways without being called out for it.

Atheist don't belong to one political party, so you're trying to connect us to Hitler and Stalin is pointless.

The Mormonizing of America Stephen Mansfield

It's an older article but I saw it last night and it's good. And I figured it would be a good balance to that other thread.

How about if you tell us a little about the Mormon doctrine. I'm just reading up on this, so tell me if the below is correct.

Lehi is the first Mormon to arrive in America. He lived in Jerusalem in 600 BC. They were all evil in Jerusalem, every single one of them, man, woman, child, and fetuses, so God put him on a boat and lead him to America. That's right, in 600 BC....in a boat.

Is that correct?
Lehi, his sons and their families and another man and his sons and their families were guided through the wilderness to a far off coast and there taught how to construct a vessel to cross the sea. and yes they arrived it what would become the America's

That's pretty amazing for 600 bc, is it not? If everyone in Jerusalem was evil...just bad to the bone, every single one of them, when did they become good people?

Silly comment, girl. Try to point out something significant.

It's a valid question. If you can't answer it, just say so.

This is the impression I get from Mormonism:

Vault-boy.jpg

Carla, you are floundering.

The issue is about Mormonizing of America.

If you wish to speak about religious mass murdering, then the discussion can be extended logically to discuss atheist mass murdering.

Here, this will help: Logical Fallacies and the Art of Debate

Actually, no it can't. Because we don't belong to any one political party or religious group. I just asked if they ever admitted murdering those Christian's. Which leads me to my next question. When did Mormon's become Christian?

You brought up mass murder, Carla, in a religious context, so I expanded it to atheist believers and mass murderers.

You have been taught on the Board that you can't have it both ways without being called out for it.

Atheist don't belong to one political party, so you're trying to connect us to Hitler and Stalin is pointless.
Hitler's Christianity

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."
Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Hitler s religious beliefs and fanaticism

Nazi photos

The Mormonizing of America Stephen Mansfield

It's an older article but I saw it last night and it's good. And I figured it would be a good balance to that other thread.

How about if you tell us a little about the Mormon doctrine. I'm just reading up on this, so tell me if the below is correct.

Lehi is the first Mormon to arrive in America. He lived in Jerusalem in 600 BC. They were all evil in Jerusalem, every single one of them, man, woman, child, and fetuses, so God put him on a boat and lead him to America. That's right, in 600 BC....in a boat.

Is that correct?
Lehi, his sons and their families and another man and his sons and their families were guided through the wilderness to a far off coast and there taught how to construct a vessel to cross the sea. and yes they arrived it what would become the America's

Continuing on....

After they built a boat, and sailed to the Americas, in approx. 600 bc, (unbelievable, but okay) Lehi and his decendants reproduced, and reproduced, and over the course of approx 600 years, they became two races, the Lamanites and the Nephites. the Nephites were totally good, and the Lamanites were totally evil. Then, after Jesus died for our sins, on his way up to heaven, he stopped by America and visited the Nephites.

Is that correct? And if so, where can I find this story in the King James version?

Now for this commercial break to sell Obamas Christianity. Delivered by his sponsor, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright.

Hitler's Christianity

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."
Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Hitler s religious beliefs and fanaticism

Nazi photos

Stalins education

Gori Church School, and he was a good student to. His move to form a collective agricultural structure. Despite his health problems, he made good progress at school and eventually won everything he do.
Stalin went to the Gori (his birthplace) Spiritual School then to the Tiflis Spiritual Seminary.

So Christians like Stalin and Hitler became atheists.

Even progressive insurance knows that.

Now that the atheists have revealed their ignorance more clearly than usual, back to the OP.

The question is: Why Do You Ask?

A pursuit of knowledge and wisdom and power.

I am not as familiar with Mormonism as I am with other religions, and I seem to have developed a somewhat negative impression of it, which I believe is unfair due to my obvious ignorance of actual Mormon culture, traditions, and teachings.

There must be something I can learn from Mormonism that can strengthen me in some way or another. Such is the case with every religion. Normally I would become an "adherent" to that religion for a time so that I may understand it better, from the inside out, but I have yet to feel any desire to take it to that level with Mormonism.

So Mormons. Teach me something.

I am not as familiar with Mormonism as I am with other religions, and I seem to have developed a somewhat negative impression of it, which I believe is unfair due to my obvious ignorance of actual Mormon culture, traditions, and teachings.

There must be something I can learn from Mormonism that can strengthen me in some way or another. Such is the case with every religion. Normally I would become an "adherent" to that religion for a time so that I may understand it better, from the inside out, but I have yet to feel any desire to take it to that level with Mormonism.

I am not a Mormon, but I kind of like the idea of multiple wives. Are you interested?

I am not a Mormon, but I kind of like the idea of multiple wives. Are you interested?

I kind of like the idea of taking multiple husbands at once. Is polyandry tolerated in Mormonism?

I like the idea of taking multiple husbands at once, aka polyandry. Is that tolerated in Mormonism?

Afaik, only Wicca or other pagan faiths allow actual polygamy (wives having multiple husbands.)

Probably easier though to be whatever faith you want and be a hypocrite like everyone else though. ;)

I'm pretty sure that Superman is a Mormon. When he died, he was supposed to be a god on Kripton, but, well, there was this mix up, and he got Earth. There was also a mix up at the cleaners, and he ended up with somebody else's suit, when he had his magic underwear cleaned....

I like the idea of taking multiple husbands at once, aka polyandry. Is that tolerated in Mormonism?

Afaik, only Wicca or other pagan faiths allow actual polygamy (wives having multiple husbands.)

Probably easier though to be whatever faith you want and be a hypocrite like everyone else though. ;)

I will always be a Pagan, and I'm already pretty familiar with Wiccan culture. I love it all ;-)

Doesn't mean I can't learn from other religions as well.

I kind of like the idea of taking multiple husbands at once. Is polyandry tolerated in Mormonism?

Is that a 'no'?

Is that a 'no'?

Yeah it's a "no".

My interest in polyandry is primarily for Eugenics purposes.

But really, I'd like to hear something new about Mormonism that doesn't have to do with fucking. I'm already a Master at that. Let's hear some profound spiritual wisdom.

Well, you've certainly identified your areas of improvement, but you've got a very long way to go.

Mormons are all over the fucking planet looking for you, riding bikes, knocking on strangers doors, and you cannot find a better source of information about Mormons than USMB?

You're not looking for knowledge, you're looking for a Mormon to argue with the existential position you already have.

So the question becomes: Why?

Forum List

Back