The nations wealtheist county....

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
What county do you think is the richest in the nation?

If you said it is in California, Texas or New York city you would be wrong.

Damn I couldn't believe this until I followed it up on Forbes...

Nation’s Wealthiest ‘County:’ 7 Miles from D.C.; 32.8% Work for Government; $125,635 Median Income

Nation’s Wealthiest ‘County:’ 7 Miles from D.C.; 32.8% Work for Government; $125,635 Median Income

The City of Falls Church, Va.--which the Census Bureau treats as a “county” because it is an independent city that is not a part of any county—had a median household income of $125,635 in 2014.

Snip

The center of Falls Church City—at Broad and Washington streets--is only about 7 miles by road from the Theodore Roosevelt Bridge, which crosses the Potomac River into Washington, D.C.

In the five-year period from 2010-2014, according to the Census Bureau’s estimate, there were 7,290 Falls Church City residents 16 and older who were employed.

2,389 of these—or 32.8 percent—worked for government.

America's Richest Counties 2014

We rank the nation’s wealthiest counties by median household income data from the Census Bureau’s Small Area Income and Poverty Estimates for 2012, the last full year for which data is available. Other D.C.-area counties raking in the money: Fairfax, Arlington and Stafford counties in Virginia and Howard County in Maryland, the home base of Johns Hopkins’ applied physics lab. All of those counties boast median household income of at least $95,000 annually

Washington isn’t the only area that benefits from government spending. Coming in at No. 3, with a median household income of more than $112,000 annually, is Los Alamos, N.M., home to the famous Los Alamos National Laboratory. The $2.2 billion government research facility employs 9,000 people and supports a local ecosystem of restaurants and stores.

No surprise there.

We taxpayers pay these people and on average they make more than those in the private sector.

They live in a bubble. The recession never hurt them. Them can't get fired or laid off and believe me they could care less about what the rest of the country suffers. Because they sure don't suffer at all.

Forum List

Back