The need to make churches pay tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what it is still revenue.

The economic definition of revenue is money received from selling things. Government taxes revenues minus expenses. Dumbfuck, non-profits have no revenues because they don't sell anything.

Dumbfuck, why should someone's money be taxed because they donate it to someone else?
rev·e·nue
ˈrevəˌn(y)o͞o/
noun
  1. income, especially when of a company or organization and of a substantial nature.

Nothing there about selling anything

Dumbfuck, your definition isn't relevant.

Why should it not be taxed?

I can't give a person 50K without them paying taxes on it.

You can give anyone you want $50K, and if it's not to buy something from them, they won't be taxed.

A charity provides a public service, often with volunteer labor and often alleviating the government itself from needing to spend money.

And, you still refuse to concede that churches are treated the same as other non-profits. Shame on you.

No one in this thread has provided a principled reason for why government approved religious organizations should receive tax breaks.

You can give anyone you want $50K, and if it's not to buy something from them, they won't be taxed.

A charity provides a public service, often with volunteer labor and often alleviating the government itself from needing to spend money.

And, you still refuse to concede that churches are treated the same as other non-profits. Shame on you.

No... that's not correct. Unless someone is a family member or they have a certificate showing they are a non-profit organization, you can't just give someone $50K without them being taxed.

The congregation of a church is a body of people coming together and pooling their money to construct, maintain the building/the grounds, plus keep the lights air and heat on.

They have already paid taxes on that money.
Now some congregations retain their deeds and appoint a treasurer to oversee the funds they accumulate via tithes and offerings. They also hire a pastor and pay him/her a salary. Those churches should not have to pay taxes.

On the other hand, those churches owned by pastors who control all the assets, the property, and all the accoutrements of the church should be taxed to the max, especially if the coffers are filled fromaddifional sources outside his congregation.

No... that's not correct. Unless someone is a family member or they have a certificate showing they are a non-profit organization, you can't just give someone $50K without them being taxed.

Wrong, you can just give anyone $50K without them being them being taxed. You are factually and completely wrong. Thank you for playing, "Celebration of Ignorance!", the favorite game of libtards and fucktards everywhere!

Wrong, you can just give anyone $50K without them being them being taxed. You are factually and completely wrong. Thank you for playing, "Celebration of Ignorance!", the favorite game of libtards and fucktards everywhere!

No... you can't. This is about to get embarrassing for you.

Gift Tax: Don’t Fear Taxes When You Give (Or Receive) - Money Under 30

No one in this thread has provided a principled reason for why government approved religious organizations should receive tax breaks.
Well, the CHURCH does not expect the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT to pay a TITHE to IT! I cannot imagine that while the pastor if paid is taxed, the organist if paid is taxed, the pianist if paid is taxed, the office secretary if paid is taxed, the maintenance man if paid is taxed, and every parishioner with a job or inheritance etc., etc., etc. ----- that the GOVERNMENT would also expect the CHURCH to pay an additional tribute of any sort!

My guess is that to an atheist, the separation of STATE from the CHURCH exists in one direction only!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frankly I'm a little tired of their sanctimonious self-righteous diatribes.

And your bias now blends into your envy.

Yes, because an office tower would be Soooo much better there...

Or you could do what anti-religious idiots like the Russians did, seize it and turn it into a museum.

It doesn't matter what the property is. Any legal religious entity owning real estate that does not pay real estate taxes is given special treatment by law which is a violation of the first amendment

No, they are given a waiver due to their status as a non profit. No special treatment, it's available to any non-profit.

AND NO BUSINESS SHOULD BE GIVEN SPECIAL STATUS

CAPS DON"T MAKE YOU RIGHT.

In this case yes they do.

No business, no person in the USA should be given preferential legal status.

But you want exactly that

What you call preferential is just specifics.

What makes you butthurt about it is that you hate religious people and any specifics about them enrages you.

It certainly allows free-er exercise.

So I guess you want to see St Patrick's Cathedral and most of the synagogues in Manhattan taken down due to property taxes right?

Because taxing them is what that would result in.

SO what?

You don't need a multi-million dollar property to freely practice religion

Or you could do what anti-religious idiots like the Russians did, seize it and turn it into a museum.

It doesn't matter what the property is. Any legal religious entity owning real estate that does not pay real estate taxes is given special treatment by law which is a violation of the first amendment

No, they are being treated as any other non profit, as part of the States tax laws.

How many times do I have to tell you that nonprofits should not have preferential treatment.

But the fact is Congress did indeed pass a law favoring religious establishments.

Just more of your butthurt showing.

Don't care.

A nonprofit is a legal entity that has revenue and expenses, employees, owns property etc,

there is absolutely no reason for it to have any tax exempt status
So it's a business which no one owns or can pass down to an heir or even sell.

I can certainly see why you think it is a business.

Tell me can a nonprofit file chapter 11?

Does a nonprofit have to comply will all employment laws?

The entire nonprofit legal status is a scam with it's own made up definitions.

Founder instead of owner, stakeholder instead of shareholder etc.

Any stakeholder can receive money from the nonprofit organization but that;s not called a dividend or profit even if it makes those stakeholders rich in the process.

I have no idea why anyone would think any legal entity or individual should have preferential treatment when it is not needed. All any business needs to do to be nonprofit is to ensure that annual revenues equals annual expenses
Do you own shares in any churches?

Not all businesses sell shares.
Zero churches do.
Irreleveant

SO what?

You don't need a multi-million dollar property to freely practice religion

No, they are being treated as any other non profit, as part of the States tax laws.

How many times do I have to tell you that nonprofits should not have preferential treatment.

But the fact is Congress did indeed pass a law favoring religious establishments.

Just more of your butthurt showing.

Excuse the fuck out of me for thinking that no establishment should have preferred legal status.

Tell you what all you religious wackos start paying 100% for your churches instead of using tax money

No, they are given a waiver due to their status as a non profit. No special treatment, it's available to any non-profit.

AND NO BUSINESS SHOULD BE GIVEN SPECIAL STATUS

CAPS DON"T MAKE YOU RIGHT.

In this case yes they do.

No business, no person in the USA should be given preferential legal status.

But you want exactly that

What you call preferential is just specifics.

What makes you butthurt about it is that you hate religious people and any specifics about them enrages you.
I don't hate anyone. You are free to worship whatever you want just don't ask other people to support your religion with tax breaks

I just don't want to support religious institutions with my tax dollars.

No I can't

Frequently Asked Questions on Gift Taxes | Internal Revenue Service

The congregation of a church is a body of people coming together and pooling their money to construct, maintain the building/the grounds, plus keep the lights air and heat on.

They have already paid taxes on that money.
Now some congregations retain their deeds and appoint a treasurer to oversee the funds they accumulate via tithes and offerings. They also hire a pastor and pay him/her a salary. Those churches should not have to pay taxes.

On the other hand, those churches owned by pastors who control all the assets, the property, and all the accoutrements of the church should be taxed to the max, especially if the coffers are filled fromaddifional sources outside his congregation.
They pay no property tax no sales tax an yet they benefit from the services those taxes provide

The donations to a church are revenue of that church and the people giving the money get a tax write off so no they haven't payed taxes on that money.

The very fact that any religious establishment gets preferred tax status by law is a violation of the first amendment

And you do know that this preferred tax status comes with strings attached don't you?

The government can now tell any clergyman of any church that they cannot speak of any political subject or advance their religious agenda by supporting any candidate.

Why would anyone want the government to censor their clergy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back