The need to make churches pay tax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should it not be taxed?

I can't give a person 50K without them paying taxes on it.

You can give anyone you want $50K, and if it's not to buy something from them, they won't be taxed.

A charity provides a public service, often with volunteer labor and often alleviating the government itself from needing to spend money.

And, you still refuse to concede that churches are treated the same as other non-profits. Shame on you.
The left hate the fact that people in need have a place rather than the almighty government to look to for help. That is the entire issue in a nutshell.

Funny how the left attack charity. Why it's almost as if they hate the poor.
Which looking at their track record, they do.

There can still be charities they just need to pay taxes like every other business
Why is it so important for you to take money from the poor?

That's funny.

Why should my taxes support charities I may not want to give to?
Why should my taxes support religious institutions?

You can give anyone you want $50K, and if it's not to buy something from them, they won't be taxed.

A charity provides a public service, often with volunteer labor and often alleviating the government itself from needing to spend money.

And, you still refuse to concede that churches are treated the same as other non-profits. Shame on you.
The left hate the fact that people in need have a place rather than the almighty government to look to for help. That is the entire issue in a nutshell.
You people need to make up your mind

Some of you sheep call me right wing others call me left wing

See what happens when you live in a 2 dimensional world.

And your bias now blends into your envy.

Yes, because an office tower would be Soooo much better there...

Or you could do what anti-religious idiots like the Russians did, seize it and turn it into a museum.

It doesn't matter what the property is. Any legal religious entity owning real estate that does not pay real estate taxes is given special treatment by law which is a violation of the first amendment

No, they are being treated as any other non profit, as part of the States tax laws.

How many times do I have to tell you that nonprofits should not have preferential treatment.

But the fact is Congress did indeed pass a law favoring religious establishments.

Just more of your butthurt showing.

Excuse the fuck out of me for thinking that no establishment should have preferred legal status.

Tell you what all you religious wackos start paying 100% for your churches instead of using tax money

Which Churches get Tax money?

No, they are given a waiver due to their status as a non profit. No special treatment, it's available to any non-profit.

AND NO BUSINESS SHOULD BE GIVEN SPECIAL STATUS

CAPS DON"T MAKE YOU RIGHT.

In this case yes they do.

No business, no person in the USA should be given preferential legal status.

But you want exactly that

What you call preferential is just specifics.

What makes you butthurt about it is that you hate religious people and any specifics about them enrages you.
I don't hate anyone. You are free to worship whatever you want just don't ask other people to support your religion with tax breaks

I just don't want to support religious institutions with my tax dollars.

Again, the progressive concept of money not belonging to the people who have it, but to the people as a whole or the government.

So it's a business which no one owns or can pass down to an heir or even sell.

I can certainly see why you think it is a business.

Tell me can a nonprofit file chapter 11?

Does a nonprofit have to comply will all employment laws?

The entire nonprofit legal status is a scam with it's own made up definitions.

Founder instead of owner, stakeholder instead of shareholder etc.

Any stakeholder can receive money from the nonprofit organization but that;s not called a dividend or profit even if it makes those stakeholders rich in the process.

I have no idea why anyone would think any legal entity or individual should have preferential treatment when it is not needed. All any business needs to do to be nonprofit is to ensure that annual revenues equals annual expenses
Do you own shares in any churches?

Not all businesses sell shares.
Zero churches do.
Irreleveant
Once again proving my point for me.

It doesn't matter what the property is. Any legal religious entity owning real estate that does not pay real estate taxes is given special treatment by law which is a violation of the first amendment

No, they are being treated as any other non profit, as part of the States tax laws.

How many times do I have to tell you that nonprofits should not have preferential treatment.

But the fact is Congress did indeed pass a law favoring religious establishments.

Just more of your butthurt showing.

Excuse the fuck out of me for thinking that no establishment should have preferred legal status.

Tell you what all you religious wackos start paying 100% for your churches instead of using tax money

Which Churches get Tax money?

By being exempt from different taxes but still receiving the services those taxes pay for churches and so called nonprofits are being supported by everyone who pays those taxes

It isn't rocket science

Tell me can a nonprofit file chapter 11?

Does a nonprofit have to comply will all employment laws?

The entire nonprofit legal status is a scam with it's own made up definitions.

Founder instead of owner, stakeholder instead of shareholder etc.

Any stakeholder can receive money from the nonprofit organization but that;s not called a dividend or profit even if it makes those stakeholders rich in the process.

I have no idea why anyone would think any legal entity or individual should have preferential treatment when it is not needed. All any business needs to do to be nonprofit is to ensure that annual revenues equals annual expenses
Do you own shares in any churches?

Zero churches do.
Irreleveant
Only to yourself

AND NO BUSINESS SHOULD BE GIVEN SPECIAL STATUS

CAPS DON"T MAKE YOU RIGHT.

In this case yes they do.

No business, no person in the USA should be given preferential legal status.

But you want exactly that

What you call preferential is just specifics.

What makes you butthurt about it is that you hate religious people and any specifics about them enrages you.
I don't hate anyone. You are free to worship whatever you want just don't ask other people to support your religion with tax breaks

I just don't want to support religious institutions with my tax dollars.

Again, the progressive concept of money not belonging to the people who have it, but to the people as a whole or the government.

So am I progressive or right wing since you sheep have called me both?.
The tax I pay that churches don't is to cover my use of the services those taxes fund. Churches and so called nonprofits do not pay these taxes yet they receive those services anyway therefore I am being forced to support religious institutions and so called nonprofits via the laws that give them preferential status.

I really don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

And there is the first amendment violation issue as well.

That's just because Libertarians are leftist discards.

Zero churches do.
Irreleveant
Only to yourself
No, dude. It's all there in black and white. I showed you exactly how a church is not a business.

And you are wrong.

Churches are held to the same standards that other businesses are except they get special tax exemptions which violate the first amendment

Huh... fella yesterday informed me we are the far-right. Looks like we got all you authoritarians upset.

Not a libertarian either.

Zero churches do.
Irreleveant
Only to yourself
No, dude. It's all there in black and white. I showed you exactly how a church is not a business.

And you are wrong.

Churches are held to the same standards that other businesses are except they get special tax exemptions which violate the first amendment
They aren't businesses. We already went over that.

Not a libertarian either.
Give it time.

Huh... fella yesterday informed me we are the far-right. Looks like we got all you authoritarians upset.
That's usually how Libertarian amorality manifests itself. A vague, rosy notion of something good, noble and just: the advent of these things will bring instant euphoria and a social order beyond reproach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back