The new James Bond, will be? Can...Hollywood just stop this patronizing bullshit already?

Another example...the Equalizer....white guy in the television show...I think he even spoke with a British accent....but a minor television show....replaced with Denzel Washington....saw the movie and enjoyed Denzel in the role....Denzel wouldn't be a good bond.....

The more iconic the role the less you mess with it.....

As to all the posts in this thread - if the idea of a black James Bond upsets you so much, that's your problem. I think Elba would make a great Bond, myself.

He isn't polished enough....I like Fassbender....didn't like Craig...too thugish....

James Bond isn't supposed to be "polished". That's what was so badly wrong with Moore through Brosnon.

He's supposed to be a badass, not a dandy.

As to all the posts in this thread - if the idea of a black James Bond upsets you so much, that's your problem. I think Elba would make a great Bond, myself.

He isn't polished enough....I like Fassbender....didn't like Craig...too thugish....

James Bond isn't supposed to be "polished". That's what was so badly wrong with Moore through Brosnon.

He's supposed to be a badass, not a dandy.

Didn't say dandy, I said polished...the guy from the Kingsmen...Colin Firth....more dandy...but he isn't playing bond, he is playing a different agent....

I think, "Classy" is the word....Sean Connery was "Classy" vs. Roger Moore who wasn't, and Pierce Brosnan who was dandyish.....

Another example....I didn't want Kevin Costner to play Robin Hood...I wanted a white guy from Britain to play him....does that mean I hate Americans?

Even though I didn't like the Mariachi movies.....I'm not a fan of Robert Rodriguez and his style....I like Antonio Banderas...he fit the role.....does it make me a racist if I don't want Brad Pitt to play the role.....? And as far as Puss In Boots....I think Antonio Banderas has made the role his own.....

Another example....I didn't want Kevin Costner to play Robin Hood...I wanted a white guy from Britain to play him....does that mean I hate Americans?
Kevin Costner was awful. Giving him a black sidekick didn't help either.

Iconic figures can only be played with so much. Then they have departed so far that there's only similarity of names.

Kevin Costner was awful. Giving him a black sidekick didn't help either.

Iconic figures can only be played with so much. Then they have departed so far that there's only similarity of names.

Even though I didn't like the Mariachi movies.....I'm not a fan of Robert Rodriguez and his style....I like Antonio Banderas...he fit the role.....does it make me a racist if I don't want Brad Pitt to play the role.....? And as far as Puss In Boots....I think Antonio Banderas has made the role his own.....
There will never be another Puss n Boots. Antonio Bandares has taken Puss into legend.

There will never be another Puss n Boots. Antonio Bandares has taken Puss into legend.

Yes...Frisky Two Times will be a legend forever.....

I think Colin Farrell would make a good James Bond. Well at least it would be interesting.

Is Daniel Craig out as Bond....If not then why are we wasting our time here.

Oh....I have another one....

In the remake of Django...the great movie about a freed slave in Pre Civil war, democrat south, instead of Jamie Fox....you could have Ashton Kutcher play Django....and if you object to that you must be a racist.....

Believe me....I like Keanu Reeves....but was offended as a White American Guy when they put him in the 47 Samurai....does that make me anti "American surfer dudes"....?

Last edited:
Is Daniel Craig out as Bond....If not then why are we wasting our time here.

He's not out yet, I'm sure they'll milk him for at least a few more movies.

But there will be a point in time when he's done with the role, and executives are already thinking about the next one.

Well...I guess it is okay for two white people to play barak and michelle in the movie they are making about them....right?

Are they fictional characters?

I had some thoughts on this Winterborn.....let's try this.....Hollywood magic can do a lot of things....make up artists can turn a white actor and actress into the first black President and First Lady.....say...Anthony Hopkins for barak, and Meryl Streep for michelle.....

Now....if someone were to object to this......a white actor and actress playing the first black President and First Lady....would they be racists?

Would anyone....say....complain about the casting choice....?

I know...let's up our game a little....

How about we have Charlize Theron...play Nelson Mandela.....again...Hollywood magic and cosmetics take care of those minor physical differences......and there you go....

After all....Charlize is South African, and an oscar winning actress....Nelson Mandela is South African.....right....and you remove the blight of sexism and racism in one well cast role.....

Or....if you object to Charlize Theron playing Nelson Mandela....are you both a sexist and a racist?

This one would be a little more conventional.....in the next Malcolm X bio pic....cast Seth Rogan as Malcolm X....it would definitely give Rogan a shot at an oscar..

Billc, your argument only works when you believe that being white is an integral part of the character of James Bond.

Well...is being black really an integral part of playing the first black President and First Lady...considering the ability of hollywood make up to create new realities....

Forum List

Back