The new novie noah

So there!

Guess you told them.

I won't see it either but neither of us will be missed. It was #1 this weekend because, apparently, a lot of people like bible-based fairy tales. :cuckoo:

Apparently there are a lot of people that are just plain stupid and know nothing about the Bible. This movie definately IS a fairy tale. What's said is there are probably people like you that think it's the truth!

I actually find everything about this story to be quite preposterous.

Flooding the entire earth? And no fresh or saltwater fish died? All the animals fit into the Arc? Dinos included? Come on man, Noah being a drunk is least problematic side-bar to this whole mess.

Dinosaurs did not exist on earth as the same time as mammals.

Since every culture has a story of a great flood, including the Anu of China it would be rather silly to be bound to a liberal myth that there was no flood.

Every culture also has a man who built a boat and saved the animals and seeds. The man isn't Noah. He saved different animals but the gist is the same.

Apparently there are a lot of people that are just plain stupid and know nothing about the Bible. This movie definately IS a fairy tale. What's said is there are probably people like you that think it's the truth!

Flooding the entire earth? And no fresh or saltwater fish died? All the animals fit into the Arc? Dinos included? Come on man, Noah being a drunk is least problematic side-bar to this whole mess.

Since every culture has a story of a great flood, including the Anu of China it would be rather silly to be bound to a liberal myth that there was no flood.

Every culture also has a man who built a boat and saved the animals and seeds. The man isn't Noah. He saved different animals but the gist is the same.

ROFLMAO!!! Your brainwashed blinded ignorance is showing!!!! again!!! why do that???

ROFLMAO!!! Your brainwashed blinded ignorance is showing!!!! again!!! why do that???

How do you explain the fact that just about every civilization has some legend of a great flood right along with some man who built a boat and saved the animals and seeds? Noah wasn't in China. He wasn't Aztec. Yet they all have a similar story. There is an answer. You figure it out.

THE NEW NOVIE NOAH distorts the story of Noah so badly that it is virtually unrecognizable. And Americans are so dumbed down these days that MOST have no idea what the Bible actually says. In “Noah” the new movie, the fallen angels are “good guys” that were kicked out of heaven because of their compassion for humanity, they help Noah build the ark, and they ascend to heaven when they die helping defend the ark against a band of marauding evil humans. Instead of a preacher of righteousness, Noah is depicted as a psychopathic maniac that hates humanity and wants to kill his unborn grandchild if it is a girl. The movie somehow finds a way to avoid using the word “God” the entire time, and during a scene where Noah explains to his family how the world was “created”, the film displays visuals depicting Darwinian evolution. MS. BEWARE!! IN THE LAST DAY MANY WILL SAY GOOD IS EVIL AND EVIL GOOD!!! THOSE DAYS ARE HERE!!!
DO NOT LOOK FOR TRUTH IN THIS MOVIE,GO BACK TO GOD'S WORD FOR TRUTH!!!

“That’s the good thing about science: It’s true whether or not you believe in it. That’s why it works.” So said Neil deGrasse Tyson, joining Bill Nye as players in a strange cultural moment: the resurgence of magical thinking.
Magical thinking, you’ll recall, refers to the misattribution of causality: The black cat meowed, and then I tripped and fell. Two events, no actual connection, but a history of superstition links them together.

Or consider the recent right-wing over the movie “Noah,”, an extended midrash on the biblical tale that dares to treat it as myth rather than as history. Set aside that this is clearly how the text appears to regard itself, omitting crucial details (for example, everyone’s wives) and focusing on the mythic and ethical elements of the story. And set aside, too, the fact that the actual text is far weirder than Darren Aronofsky’s ?script. Let’s reflect on the notion that millions of Americans appear to believe that in 2,034 BCE,, all civilizations were destroyed (never mind those cuneiform records) and all animals on Earth crawled, squirmed or flew into a 300-cubit ark.
This, millions of Americans propose, is fact.:cuckoo::cuckoo:

From The JEWISH daily forward

The Year of Magical Thinking ? Forward.com

Last edited by a moderator:

How do you explain the fact that just about every civilization has some legend of a great flood right along with some man who built a boat and saved the animals and seeds? Noah wasn't in China. He wasn't Aztec. Yet they all have a similar story. There is an answer. You figure it out.

I'm sorry - a "story" does not classify as empirical evidence.

I would assume that early humans has such a story that evolved with civilization.

Yes they did co-exist, but according to the bible, the earth is only about 6,000 years old - the lineage from Adam to Noah is written in EXACT years in Genesis.

Therefore, dino's almost certainly would have still been around.

Last edited:
The Bible doesn't say the world is 6000 years old.

Genealogy of Jesus according to Luke

God
Adam
Seth
Enosh
Kenan
Mahalalel
Jared
Enoch
Methuselah
Lamech
Noah

It's a very short skip from Adam to Noah.

1. Adam----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+(930) Adam
2. Seth (130)----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+(1042) Seth
3. Enos (235)-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------B
4. Cainan (325)----------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Mahalaleel (395)---------------------------------------------------------
6. Jared (460)------------------------------------------------------
7. Enoch (622)---------------------------------+(987) Was Translated
8. +Methuselah (687)----------------------------------
9. +Lamech (874)------------------
10. +Noah (1056)

Even six thousand years would be a stretch, but people before Noah lived a very long time:

Adding up the ages of the people who gave rise to Jesus is difficult, because the actual ages of whom begat whom seems to end with Noah.

But, if you estimate the rest of the lineage, the old testament took up around 4,000 years.

After Noah, people did not live as long.

“And Yahweh said: ‘My spirit won’t stay in man forever, since they’re also flesh; and their days shall be a 120 years’” (Gen 6:3).

The author of this text, the Yahwist, has Yahweh utter these words on account of the growing corruption on the face of the earth—the intermingling of the sons of god(s) and the daughters of man (6:1-4). Furthermore, the J source holds true to its portrait of an ever degenerating human life-span. From this point forward, no one lives longer than 120 years in the Yahwist source. Thus J concludes its Genesis narrative by mentioning that Joseph died at 110 years of age, and its Pentateuchal narrative by mentioning that Moses lived to 120 years (Deut 34:7).

Biblical Contradiction #12. Yahweh limits man's age to 120 or not?Contradictions in the Bible

Last edited:
What you have done is trace the lineage from Jesus to Adam. Adam was the first man created in a state of grace with a soul. That's what the Bible does. It does not go beyond Adam nor say anything about the world outside of Eden. We know that there was a world outside Eden. We know that it was populated because when Cain left Eden he married a woman not of Eden. The Bible is concerned with the lineage of Jesus and doesn't detail the history of the entire world and all those in it.

THE NEW NOVIE NOAH distorts the story of Noah so badly that it is virtually unrecognizable. And Americans are so dumbed down these days that MOST have no idea what the Bible actually says. In “Noah” the new movie, the fallen angels are “good guys” that were kicked out of heaven because of their compassion for humanity, they help Noah build the ark, and they ascend to heaven when they die helping defend the ark against a band of marauding evil humans. Instead of a preacher of righteousness, Noah is depicted as a psychopathic maniac that hates humanity and wants to kill his unborn grandchild if it is a girl. The movie somehow finds a way to avoid using the word “God” the entire time, and during a scene where Noah explains to his family how the world was “created”, the film displays visuals depicting Darwinian evolution. MS. BEWARE!! IN THE LAST DAY MANY WILL SAY GOOD IS EVIL AND EVIL GOOD!!! THOSE DAYS ARE HERE!!!

Dude, I know more about the bible than you will EVER know - I studied theology at a Christian school.

Dude, I know more about the bible than you will EVER know - I studied theology at a Christian school.

IF you really have Bible knowledge ,you better put that knowledge to good use as you now will have no excuse on your very near final judgment day!!! Confess and repent of your sin,believe in and Accept JESUS as your LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

What you have done is trace the lineage from Jesus to Adam. Adam was the first man created in a state of grace with a soul. That's what the Bible does. It does not go beyond Adam nor say anything about the world outside of Eden. We know that there was a world outside Eden. We know that it was populated because when Cain left Eden he married a woman not of Eden. The Bible is concerned with the lineage of Jesus and doesn't detail the history of the entire world and all those in it.

The universe did not exist before the earth was "created." I'm not speaking of the universe, but the actual age of the earth according to scripture.

26Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,a and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

27So God created mankind in his own image,26Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,a and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.
28God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”
29Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.
31God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

28God blessed them and said to them, “Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground.”

29Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food. 30And to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds in the sky and all the creatures that move along the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food.” And it was so.

31God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

Six days to Adam, according to the scriptures.

Last edited:

IF you really have Bible knowledge ,you better put that knowledge to good use as you now will have no excuse on your very near final judgment day!!! Confess and repent of your sin,believe in and Accept JESUS as your LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

No thank you.

No thank you.

Then you choose hell and you have no one to blame but yourself. ETERNITY IS A VERY VERY LONG TIME!!!

No thank you.

Then you choose hell and you have no one to blame but yourself. ETERNITY IS A VERY VERY LONG TIME!!!

There is no such thing as eternity....

... And there is no hell - your Sunday school teacher was misinformed.

THE NEW NOVIE NOAH distorts the story of Noah so badly that it is virtually unrecognizable. {rest of rant snipped}

What, you thought this hadn't been talked about long enough for your satisfaction, so you just decided to re-post your OP, typos and all? Fuck off.

The coment I HEARD AS WE LEFT was,I COULD HARDLY WAITE FOR THE thing to be over, what a waste of time.THE NEW NOVIE NOAH distorts the story of Noah so badly that it is virtually unrecognizable. And Americans are so dumbed down these days that MOST have no idea what the Bible actually says. In “Noah” the new movie, the fallen angels are “good guys” that were kicked out of heaven because of their compassion for humanity, they help Noah build the ark, and they ascend to heaven when they die helping defend the ark against a band of marauding evil humans. Instead of a preacher of righteousness, Noah is depicted as a psychopathic maniac that hates humanity and wants to kill his unborn grandchild if it is a girl. The movie somehow finds a way to avoid using the word “God” the entire time, and during a scene where Noah explains to his family how the world was “created”, the film displays visuals depicting Darwinian evolution. MS. BEWARE!! IN THE LAST DAY MANY WILL SAY GOOD IS EVIL AND EVIL GOOD!!! THOSE DAYS ARE HERE!!!

Forum List

Back