The Newt files

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

Madison is the Father of our constitution.

essential to the purity of both

Then he should have wrote that in there unambigiously...

The reason he probably didn't was because you had all the puritans in the northern colonies who wouldn't have ratified it if they thought he was dissin' God.

So he wrote something kind of vague about "establishment of religion", and called it a day.

What does that even mean?

Does it mean that Congress can't make any laws that apply to a religion? Nobody tell the Branch Davidians.

Or does it mean they just can't establish a state religion.

TM conveniently ignores my previous post and makes another strawman argument.

most of us came to the conclusion a long time ago that you're a stupid fool for trying to engage that moron in a conversation. give it up.. it's just hopeless. she's a fucking moron.

Most of us came to the conclusion that you're a crazy old cat lady too. :thup:

well don't talk to me either then asswipe. from atlanta.

James Madison's Veto Messages by Gene Garman

June 3, 1811

I have recd. fellow Citizens your address, approving my Objection to the Bill contain[in]g a grant of public land, to the Baptist Church at Salem Meeting House Missippi Terry. Having always regarded the practical distinction between Religion & Civil Govt as essential to the purity of both, and as guaranteed by the Constn: of the U.S.

Madison is the Father of our constitution.

essential to the purity of both

Then he should have wrote that in there unambigiously...

The reason he probably didn't was because you had all the puritans in the northern colonies who wouldn't have ratified it if they thought he was dissin' God.

So he wrote something kind of vague about "establishment of religion", and called it a day.

What does that even mean?

Does it mean that Congress can't make any laws that apply to a religion? Nobody tell the Branch Davidians.

Or does it mean they just can't establish a state religion.

He told you want he meant you jsut dont like it because you dont really like the constitution

That is NOT what James Madison said and he wrote the constitution

The U.S. Constitution is the work of several men, directly and indirectly. The three most notable persons whose work influenced the Constitution but who were not involved in its writing are Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Thomas Paine. The group of men involved in the writing of the Constitution are generally referred to as the "framers".

A man named Gouverneur Morris of Pennsylvania was in charge of the committee to draft the final copy of the Constitution. Other men who had much to do with writing the Constitution included John Dickinson, Gouverneur Morris, Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Thomas Paine, Edmund Randolph, James Madison, Roger Sherman, James Wilson, and George Wythe. Morris was given the task of putting all the convention's resolutions and decisions into polished form. Morris actually "wrote" the Constitution. The original copy of the document is preserved in the National Archives Building in Washington, D.C.

SOURCE

If what you say were true then they would support gay marriage huh?

Stop interjecting unrelated shit.
Now read this and understand....Mainstream conservatives are fiscally conservative and right leaning moderates on social issues.
We are the largest ideological group in the country. We elect people. We elect their replacements. You fringe people are insignificant.
Do you really think you lefties made it possible for Bush 41, Clinton and Obama getting the Oval Office?
You people and those on the far right fringe are flyspecks. If either of you took your ball and went home, no one would notice. You don't matter. Get it?
Now. stay on point within the boundaries of the subject matter or do not post.
Nobody is interested in your vapid writings.

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

He did write it down.

Why do you hate the man who wrote the constitution?

No law respecting the establishment of religion.

No respecting the establishment of religion.

Respect no establishment of religion.

Its cystal clear my friends.

It just dosent fit the right wing lies about the country.

Now WHY does the riegning force of the republican party ( TP) try to insist that James Madison didnt know what he was saying?

Amendment 1 - Freedom of Religion, Press, Expression.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

He did write it down.

Why do you hate the man who wrote the constitution?

No law respecting the establishment of religion.

No respecting the establishment of religion.

Respect no establishment of religion.

Its cystal clear my friends.

It just dosent fit the right wing lies about the country.
^^^^ It argues with itself.

Forum List

Back