The Next President ?

So after Trump is elected for 4 more years, has anyone heard any rumors, of who the next Republican might be running for office ?

My off the top of my head immediate response would be Rubio
Ahhh, Mr. Marco
Can you tell why ?
What is it that makes you feel he might be qualified ?

I didn't see "qualified" in the question.

But my view of Rubio is a mixed bag. I like a lot of things he says, he can sound very Reaganesque.

But have had some credibility issues with him, particularly as 2016 candidate. He started well but didn't end well. He was very young though. I'd like to see him pull it together and hopefully he learned something from Trump
Just curious, thanks
I didn't see "qualified" in the question.
Originally it wasnt, just curious

I don't have a candidate either at this point. I'd be open to Rubio, but I'm not a backer at this point. I backed Cruz in 2016, but he's just too abrasive, I think he'd be a real liability in the general.

I'd never have picked Pence before the re-election campaign. But I think he did a great job. I've upgraded him in my view from a definite no to a probable no.

I think Jeb is done. He destroyed himself with his shitty 2016 campaign then his obvious bitterness over losing as if he was entitled being a Bush.

I don't see other current prominent Republicans as likely choices. Graham or McConnell? I don't think so.

I do like Jim Jordan a lot. I'd be interested in him.

I don't see a lot of likely candidates, that's why my hot take was Rubio

So after Trump is elected for 4 more years, has anyone heard any rumors, of who the next Republican might be running for office ?
Nikki Haley is my best guess
Excellent choice imo, especially for our first female president.
Her and Pompeo would rock.
My guess for VP would be John James with Dan Crenshaw as a dark horse.
I know a few things about Crenshaw but practically nothing about James.
Though obviously qualified, I just want another Pres and VP that are not, for a lack of a better term, so political.

Forum List

Back