The Next Recession Is Going to Be Brutal. The economy is showing signs of turning ...

Obama had the record for weakest recovery since WWII.

and them plesiosaurus dinosaurs were the most polite too.....

oh-plesiosaur-http-t-co-lamzgjvcdz-11253848.png

~S~
And yet we had the strongest economy in the world all that time. and trump just kept it going by doing nothing until this stupid trade War. The GOP always has to screw with the economy....

You realize you just did exactly what I said you would? What a joke. All your questions are easily answered by half a brain or google. Which one do you not have access to?

Mocked your claims? Yes I did.
Let me know when you actually get 5 things he did that helped grow GDP.
I did. You have them listed. Like I said you can ignore them and pretend I didn’t show them to you but they are there. You know the economy turned around under Obama. You don’t want to give him credit, that is fine. You are in this group.

View attachment 274371

I did. You have them listed.

Only an idiot would claim that anything Obama did between Jan 20, 2009 and June 2009 was the difference between a depression and the end of the recession. Oh, there you are!!!

Or that anything he did saved the auto industry.

You know the economy turned around under Obama.

Despite almost everything he did.
What do you think Cap and Trade would have done to the economy?
Good thing the American people realized what an idiot Obama was and booted 63 (63, holy shit!) Dem Congressmen.
Obama ruled over your lowly ass for 8 years with enormous landslide victories. Yes the Republican racists gerrymandered the hell out of a lot of Congressional races and disenfranchised millions of voters. Thanks for pointing that out.

Face it. Obama turned around the economy DESPITE obstructionist PUBS who had one goal. ONE GOAL. Make Obama a one term president. Suckers lost that and decided to elect a moron from among the morons.

Trump puked on the gift economy Obama gave him. I supposed your stupid argument will be the economy sputtered into recession DESPITE Donald’s great work. That would be par for your illogical ass.

Obama ruled over your lowly ass for 8 years with enormous landslide victories.

Yes, his loss of the House, the Senate, and many governorships was proof of his awesomeness.

Face it. Obama turned around the economy

Yeah, in 4 months he ended the depression and stopped the rise of the oceans. He was magic!!!

DESPITE obstructionist PUBS who had one goal. ONE GOAL. Make Obama a one term president.

The Dem loss of 63 House seats (63, holy shit!!!) neutered him so much, he couldn't do much more damage, legislatively. If they'd held the House and passed Cap and Trade (what a stupid fucking idea), he'd have lost in 2012.

Trump puked on the gift economy Obama gave him.

Yes, Obama's 1.6% in 2016 was awesome!!!
1 Deflection .. he won
2 You have no reply
3 Deflection again.. he won.
4 Look at the charts...

China's response to the US trade 'effort' was to further devalue the Yuan. Their intention is to push us into a recession.

Xi Jinping alluded to a "New Long March" during a speech in May. The double meaning was in essence preparing the Chinese people for an impending recession.

Xi Jinping says China is embarking on a 'new Long March,' signaling no end to trade war soon

If the economy does go into recession...does not bode well for Trump

Trump has been calling for and probably receiving quantitative easing via the Fed...for some months now.

Trump Calls for New Quantitative Easing to Prop Up U.S. Economy
If we go into recession we are in big trouble. We are already spending like we are in a recession. Interest rates are very low. We already did a huge tax handout. Not any options to get out.

IF we go into a recession. WTF, 15 minutes ago the OP says we're going into a recession, now it's an "if".
I’m not the OP.

Yep, that's almost as good as when you loons say "I never said that".
You don’t like facts?

Do you know a Trumptard that does?

'Predicted'? This is what traitorous, Trump-hating sore-loser party-1st Democrats / snowflakes have been praying for, for the record-setting economy to stall, for the country to fail, for Americans to be hurt and suffer so they could blame the President, knowing that if the economy remained / remains strong they don't have a shot in hell of beating him in 2020. Pulling for your country to fail for party benefit is akin to treason in my book. You either have something to offer the country on your own or you don't...without praying the country suffers...
They are just taking pages from your playbook, when you prayed for the same under Obama. Treason?

Trump's recession is gearing up.

U.S. Stocks Drop as Treasurys Flash Warning Signal

"Trade tensions between the U.S. and China, uncertainty about the Federal Reserve’s interest-rate policy and signs of slowing economic growth have spurred weeks of turbulence that have rippled through the stock, bond and currency markets. In the Treasury market, the yield on the U.S. 30-year Treasury note touched 2.018%, below the previous intraday low of 2.094% in July 2016, according to Tradeweb.

Meanwhile, yields on the 10-year Treasury note briefly fell below two-year yields for the first time since 2007. This kind of inversion between short and long-term yields is viewed by many as a strong signal that a recession is likely in the future.""

The federal government has broken yet another record for how much money it's spending
"The federal government has spent more real money in the first seven months of this fiscal year than any other year in U.S. history, according to the latest monthly statement by the Department of Treasury. The previous record was set in 2011, when the U.S. was recuperating from the Great Recession."

Mark this up as another failure of Trump's, so many now.
Democrats are busy trying to create a real or imaginary recession.
We knew they would try this before Trump was elected. It's what they did to elect Obama Bin Lazy.
Funny. That was a real recession. Your point is valid. We are not there yet and it may not happen. Odds are betting it is coming though.
You sure hope it does.

Democrats are responsible for any downturn because of their despicable resistance to everything Trump does. They own it.
Hmmm....guess that means Republicans we’re responsible for the horrible economy, as you claim, under Obama since they resisted everything he tried to do.

No wonder USMB economic theory is so confusing.

Okay. So what? Who cares?

If you’re suggesting that an economic downturn would have negative influence on Trump’s ability to get re-elected in 2020, I don’t think you understand the motives or interests of most people who support him.
Nah. If his economy flops he’s done.

He may be done even with a good economy.

Is the election rigged? It is if he wins. Barr’s a cronie

"Trade tensions between the U.S. and China, uncertainty about the Federal Reserve’s interest-rate policy and signs of slowing economic growth have spurred weeks of turbulence that have rippled through the stock, bond and currency markets. In the Treasury market, the yield on the U.S. 30-year Treasury note touched 2.018%, below the previous intraday low of 2.094% in July 2016, according to Tradeweb.

Meanwhile, yields on the 10-year Treasury note briefly fell below two-year yields for the first time since 2007. This kind of inversion between short and long-term yields is viewed by many as a strong signal that a recession is likely in the future.""

The federal government has broken yet another record for how much money it's spending
"The federal government has spent more real money in the first seven months of this fiscal year than any other year in U.S. history, according to the latest monthly statement by the Department of Treasury. The previous record was set in 2011, when the U.S. was recuperating from the Great Recession."

Isn’t it the Kenyans economy though?

Trump says it's his, or did you miss that? Don't you pay attention to what he says?

Right...but this is your thread and you say this is the Kenyan’s economy...right?
Not since the idiotic tariffs and trade Wars. Duh. Just like after the Depression they caused in 1929, the Republicans thought that tariffs and trade Wars would be a great idea and put the world into a total depression. Trump is an idiot always has been.
This is not the same as the lat 1920's. Back then were a nation on the upswing with near total self sustaining production with a low tax economy. We had tariffs to keep it. Teh federal reserve tightened the spigot to much after the loose policies that helped to cause the roaring 20's. Today we produce nothing compared to back then as a percentage of our GDP. We are a high tax nation on the decline. We had a hard time competing as the taxes went up and the work became more shoddy then foreign products. What makes its worse is that Asia does it better and cheaper at this point. If there is a Great Depression again, theoretically we will not be as affected as other nations involved because we paypeople off with plenty of checks. Things will still be bad as they will be cut a hefty percentage. And loans and oter things will collapse. But not like the 1930's for many folks. The safety net exists although there will be some deaths to those who are kept alive by the taxpayer. Asia in theory should suffer more as they push their products to us. In a few decades they will not need us as much as their own people will enjoy what they produce for themselves at a much higher percentage as their middle class grows byleaps and bounds.
We are not high tax on the rich since Reagan. They pay the same percentage as everyone else and it is not healthy for the middle class because we have had to cut aid to colleges help for infrastructure you name it. 1929 was when the GOP House of cards Wall Street self-destructed and then in 1930 they passed the smoot-hawley tariffs. Which really screwed the pooch...

You do realize that all Trump has to do is rescind the tariffs and the stock market will come roaring right back again...right? (eye roll) Every time you progressives try to start a string that has anything to do with economics you invariably shoot yourselves in the foot because you know so little about the subject.

Stick to your bread and butter, Kiddies! Identity politics!!! Accuse people of being racist...that's what you all do best!
He's a terrible businessman and a terrible president unless he gets lucky.

'Predicted'? This is what traitorous, Trump-hating sore-loser party-1st Democrats / snowflakes have been praying for, for the record-setting economy to stall, for the country to fail, for Americans to be hurt and suffer so they could blame the President, knowing that if the economy remained / remains strong they don't have a shot in hell of beating him in 2020. Pulling for your country to fail for party benefit is akin to treason in my book. You either have something to offer the country on your own or you don't...without praying the country suffers...
Yea, we told you so. Our way was slower but steady. All we needed to do to improve the obama economy was to pass a middle class only tax break. The rich were already killing it under obama.

We didn’t pray for it. Don’t be gay. We just told you so. Trumps bad for international business.

Now I worry he will rig the election like putin would. A man he admires. A murderer. So trump had to kill someone to get in the club. Epstein was trumps hit he had to do. For somebody. It is his federal prison. Leadership is responsible. His own words in 2013

The Dow is down 800 points, the Nasdaq is down 242 points, and the S&P is down 86 points. The Dow is currently at 25,480, 40 points higher than it was five months ago.

Naturally, Trump and Trump's Democrat, Peter Navarro, the architect of the trade war with China, are both blaming the Fed, according to the Trump Network, otherwise known as Fox News.

“This is basically the Federal Reserve’s problem,” Navarro said. “They are causing this because when Jay Powell got in this chairman he proceeded to rein in interest rates by at 100 interest points, too far too fast. Even though the Trump economy is rock solid, it slowed us down a bit because of those higher interest rates.”

Trump joined the chorus, tweeting, "The Fed has got to do something! The Fed is the Central Bank of the United States, not the Central Bank of the World."

This, of course, is good for my health. If Trump ever accepted blame for his screwed up policy and apologized, I might have a coronary.

What Trump and his Democrat are saying is meant for his base. They are gullible enough to believe it. No one else will.

Let's take a look at the facts. On August 1, Trump announced a 10% tariff on $300B of Chinese goods that are popular with American consumers, clothing, shoes, computers, cell phones, etc. That precipitated the worst week of the year for the stock market. The following Monday, August 5, Trump's announcement caused the worst day of the year. The Dow plunged 760 points.

On August 12, the Dow lost 391 points, but then on August 13 The US Trade Representative announced a delay of Trump's tariffs on several categories of Chinese-made consumer goods until December 15. Those goods include cell phones, laptop computers, video game consoles, certain toys, computer monitors, and certain items of footwear and clothing, and the Dow shot up more than 400 points.

Tariffs on popular consumer goods cause higher prices. Even Trump admitted that yesterday. Higher prices cause inflation. Inflation causes less demand. Less demand causes unemployment. Tariffs cause recession, Econ 101.

Today, August 15, the stock market set another record. Now it is the worst day of the year. The reason, recession fears. The Times reports, "Trade-war worries hammered financial markets again on Wednesday as data from Germany and China showed trouble for manufacturing-reliant economies, while the bond market renewed fears of an American recession."

But our President thinks the Fed is to blame. The complete lack of comprehension on the part of our current President never ceases to amaze me.

"If anyone had doubts that trade was the thing hanging over the market, today seals it," said Bill Stone, chief investment officer with Avalon Investment & Advisory.

Higher prices cause inflation.

They do? Tell me more!!!

yep, sabotaged, as I called it
Great. I have no idea what you're talking about, but great, thanks.
what we were talking about. you should perhaps wake up and reread the thread your in.
You appear to think that what is happening in stock and bond markets is, in your words, "sabotage".

I mentioned earlier in this thread that this is the spin Rush is using, and there it is again.

It's fantasy, but if you want to think that, go ahead. I've already said that.
how the fk do you know? I'm asking you why they made the statement they made, the bond market, when there wasn't any issue. that's called sabotage. you can prove that all wrong by naming the bonds that are in trouble. I gave you a list, which ones?
What "statement" are you talking about? The drop in yields?

You're not making much sense here. The bond market reacts to conditions and perceptions of future conditions. I already told you that the bond market sees trouble and is reacting accordingly. You think it's some conspiracy.

Good lord, make sense. Use complete thoughts.
You don’t know what the word sabotage means? I was very clear my position. You’re just a dick. Keep holding it.

by the way, WGN TV agreed with Rush on the Europe markets causing today’s loss

Even if there is a recession fine so be it its no surprise. The elitists have a goal and its the downfall of America no matter who is in the white house but its BAD for Americans. I would never cheer something like this on.
Yep, the left is sabotaging us

Great. I have no idea what you're talking about, but great, thanks.
what we were talking about. you should perhaps wake up and reread the thread your in.
You appear to think that what is happening in stock and bond markets is, in your words, "sabotage".

I mentioned earlier in this thread that this is the spin Rush is using, and there it is again.

It's fantasy, but if you want to think that, go ahead. I've already said that.
how the fk do you know? I'm asking you why they made the statement they made, the bond market, when there wasn't any issue. that's called sabotage. you can prove that all wrong by naming the bonds that are in trouble. I gave you a list, which ones?
What "statement" are you talking about? The drop in yields?

You're not making much sense here. The bond market reacts to conditions and perceptions of future conditions. I already told you that the bond market sees trouble and is reacting accordingly. You think it's some conspiracy.

Good lord, make sense. Use complete thoughts.
You don’t know what the word sabotage means? I was very clear my position. You’re just a dick. Keep holding it.

by the way, WGN TV agreed with Rush on the Europe markets causing today’s loss
And European markets went down because of worries about the trade Wars effect on their economies, starting with Germany's. Great job

Mocked your claims? Yes I did.
Let me know when you actually get 5 things he did that helped grow GDP.
I did. You have them listed. Like I said you can ignore them and pretend I didn’t show them to you but they are there. You know the economy turned around under Obama. You don’t want to give him credit, that is fine. You are in this group.

View attachment 274371

I did. You have them listed.

Only an idiot would claim that anything Obama did between Jan 20, 2009 and June 2009 was the difference between a depression and the end of the recession. Oh, there you are!!!

Or that anything he did saved the auto industry.

You know the economy turned around under Obama.

Despite almost everything he did.
What do you think Cap and Trade would have done to the economy?
Good thing the American people realized what an idiot Obama was and booted 63 (63, holy shit!) Dem Congressmen.
Obama ruled over your lowly ass for 8 years with enormous landslide victories. Yes the Republican racists gerrymandered the hell out of a lot of Congressional races and disenfranchised millions of voters. Thanks for pointing that out.

Face it. Obama turned around the economy DESPITE obstructionist PUBS who had one goal. ONE GOAL. Make Obama a one term president. Suckers lost that and decided to elect a moron from among the morons.

Trump puked on the gift economy Obama gave him. I supposed your stupid argument will be the economy sputtered into recession DESPITE Donald’s great work. That would be par for your illogical ass.

Obama ruled over your lowly ass for 8 years with enormous landslide victories.

Yes, his loss of the House, the Senate, and many governorships was proof of his awesomeness.

Face it. Obama turned around the economy

Yeah, in 4 months he ended the depression and stopped the rise of the oceans. He was magic!!!

DESPITE obstructionist PUBS who had one goal. ONE GOAL. Make Obama a one term president.

The Dem loss of 63 House seats (63, holy shit!!!) neutered him so much, he couldn't do much more damage, legislatively. If they'd held the House and passed Cap and Trade (what a stupid fucking idea), he'd have lost in 2012.

Trump puked on the gift economy Obama gave him.

Yes, Obama's 1.6% in 2016 was awesome!!!
1 Deflection .. he won
2 You have no reply
3 Deflection again.. he won.
4 Look at the charts...

Yes, Obama won himself, as he destroyed the Dem party. Magic!!

Almost as magic as all his actions ending the depression in only 4 months. LOL!

How much more GDP growth would we have seen with Cap and Trade in place?
Would Obama have had an extra 1% growth each year? 2%? More?

Democrats are busy trying to create a real or imaginary recession.
We knew they would try this before Trump was elected. It's what they did to elect Obama Bin Lazy.
Funny. That was a real recession. Your point is valid. We are not there yet and it may not happen. Odds are betting it is coming though.
You sure hope it does.

Democrats are responsible for any downturn because of their despicable resistance to everything Trump does. They own it.
Hmmm....guess that means Republicans we’re responsible for the horrible economy, as you claim, under Obama since they resisted everything he tried to do.

No wonder USMB economic theory is so confusing.

Obama's economy would have done even worse if he'd gotten more of his programs passed.

Cap & Trade......DURR

But he got rid of regulation and handed out huge tax cuts to corporations and increased deficits drastically...
But the Chinese are building up their military getting several times more and several times less then real cost then ours. I am like you lets keep giving the resources to them. You ph uks stay in the cities if the worse comes. Don't scamper to the rural areas begging. It will be bad enough as it is. To lose Frisco and L.A. would be a party. Lets party...

Here comes the TRUMP RECESSION...Just as I predicted

I'm just curious when did you first make this prediction? Listening to these market guru's over the past 10 years of the bull market it seems at one time or other every Tom, Dick and Harry has forecasted a recession.

If we go into recession we are in big trouble. We are already spending like we are in a recession. Interest rates are very low. We already did a huge tax handout. Not any options to get out.

IF we go into a recession. WTF, 15 minutes ago the OP says we're going into a recession, now it's an "if".
I’m not the OP.

Yep, that's almost as good as when you loons say "I never said that".
You don’t like facts?

Do you know a Trumptard that does?

No kidding, another one that must like "truth over facts".

This downturn has been a long time coming. Since we pulled out the recession over 10 years ago we have had steady if not astonishing growth. Many areas of economy are now looking a bit overheated while other areas areas are beginning to suffer from the Trump tariffs. Employers are becoming so desperate to fill the nearly 8 million job vacancies they are backing off on background checks and drug tests to increase the number applicants. Commercial construction in the cities is going through the roof while residential construction continues to rise. Retail sales are anybody's guess with Trump stopping and starting tariffs every month or so.

As long as the economic outlook is good, people tend to ignore the elephant in room, the deficit. This year we are going to be looking at over a trillion dollar deficit, bigger that any deficits in Obama's 2nd term and federal spending is hitting an all time record high, not a promising beginning for a president that promised to pay off the national debt in 8 years.

Forum List

Back