The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

I wonder if the grunt can read these words....The Japanese, he noted, had "put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before" the bomb was used.
I have listed what they offered via the Soviets, a ceasefire return to 41 start lines and no concessions in China, that was no offer to surrender, further no occupation and no repercussions to Japan.
No. All they asked for was no harm to the emperor, by July 1945. Dirty Harry said fuck you, then he nuked thousands of defenseless women and children and then he said okay.

What a guy.
I have the Government intercept you LYING MORON. They did not offer peace and they did not offer to surrender if the Emperor was retained.
You dumb grunt. Stop posting. You know nothing.

Jap [sic] is short for Japanese. Easier to type than the full name.
Bullcrap. It is an ethnic slur. It was understood to be an ethnic slur in the 1940s, and it is understood to be an ethnic slur today. Undertaking the grueling task of typing 5 more letters will probably not give you a stroke.

At least have the sack to be honest about what you're doing. This playing coy nonsense is weak.

I wonder if the grunt can read these words....The Japanese, he noted, had "put out a lot of peace feelers through Russia long before" the bomb was used.
I have listed what they offered via the Soviets, a ceasefire return to 41 start lines and no concessions in China, that was no offer to surrender, further no occupation and no repercussions to Japan.
No. All they asked for was no harm to the emperor, by July 1945. Dirty Harry said fuck you, then he nuked thousands of defenseless women and children and then he said okay.

What a guy.
I have the Government intercept you LYING MORON. They did not offer peace and they did not offer to surrender if the Emperor was retained.
You dumb grunt. Stop posting. You know nothing.
LOL I have the intercepts from Japan to the soviets retard. I have posted them in this thread before and can again but why bother you are too damn stupid to know you have been lied too,

The Japs did it to themselves.

They did it on Okinawa. By that time it was pretty much certain that the Allies were going to prevail however, the stupid Japs fought to almost the last man inflicting heavy ground losses on the Americans including Kamikaze attacks.

The Americans rightfully said "fuck this shit, lets nuke the bastards".

The Japs should have withdrew from Okinawa and attempted to negotiate a conditional surrender.

Japanese hard headiness is what caused those cities to be nuked.
Revisionist history. Dumb too.

Tell me what is revisionist about the lessons that we Americans learned from that Okinawa bloodbath.

What we learned is that the stupid Japs were going to extract a horrendous price for bringing the end to the war.
The lesson should be never invade another country, but this is lost on statists.

You think a nation invaded by the Empire, shouldn’t fight. If the Empire was invaded, would you fight?

You are confused.

You can argue that it was FDR's interventionist policy that caused the Japs to attack the US. I would agree with you. I am a Conservative non interventionists for the most part. It was wrong for FDR to put sanctions on the Japs for what they were doing in China. It was none of our business. It was also wrong for FDR to send millions of troops to Europe when it was the Japs that attacked us. FDR was an imbecile.

However, you cannot deny that once total war was under way it was the viciousness of the Japanese that led to the US kicking their ass so bad, including nuking them. The lessons of Okinawa was that they were going to extract a heavy price for the end of the war and that nuking them was going to be a much less costlier way to end the war.

It was their own damn fault. Don't start something you can't finish. It was really dumb for the Japs to start a war with a country that had tremendous manpower, industrial capacity and the resources to develop very destructive weapons of mass destruction.
So let me get this right, it was none of our business that Japan was using OUR fuel and OUR metal to kill maim rape and murder millions of Chinese?

The US was the largest oil producer in the world at that time and we cut them off.

The US has gone to war in the Middle East because our oil supply was threatened. Remember Kuwait? That tends to piss a country off. It sure as hell pissed off the Japs.

We also had deployed troops right on the Jap's back yard. Just look what we did when the Soviets put a few troops in Central America. We invaded Granada to kick them out. We threatened to go to war when they put missiles in Cuba.

The Japs were assholes. No doubt about it. So were the Germans. However, I think if we had played our cards differently maybe we could have stayed out of WWII. We would have been stronger because of it.

By the way, my father who was an Infantryman in WWII who proudly and courageously served in Europe felt the same way. He did his duty but felt the politicians that sent him to war were imbeciles. I think he was right. Certainly that shithead LBJ that sent me to Vietnam was an idiot.
The Japanese GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY were assholes. So their defenseless people deserved to die.
Who were their "GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY"? Jews? Russians? Martians? They were the part of the Japanese nation. They killed millions of innocent people just for the benefit of the whole Japanese nation.
And yes, all those people were not "defenseless" - their "GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY" were their defense (and offense, what is more important).

They did it on Okinawa. By that time it was pretty much certain that the Allies were going to prevail however, the stupid Japs fought to almost the last man inflicting heavy ground losses on the Americans including Kamikaze attacks.

The Japs should have withdrew from Okinawa and attempted to negotiate a conditional surrender.

Tell me what is revisionist about the lessons that we Americans learned from that Okinawa bloodbath.

What we learned is that the stupid Japs were going to extract a horrendous price for bringing the end to the war.
The lesson should be never invade another country, but this is lost on statists.

You think a nation invaded by the Empire, shouldn’t fight. If the Empire was invaded, would you fight?

You are confused.

You can argue that it was FDR's interventionist policy that caused the Japs to attack the US. I would agree with you. I am a Conservative non interventionists for the most part. It was wrong for FDR to put sanctions on the Japs for what they were doing in China. It was none of our business. It was also wrong for FDR to send millions of troops to Europe when it was the Japs that attacked us. FDR was an imbecile.

However, you cannot deny that once total war was under way it was the viciousness of the Japanese that led to the US kicking their ass so bad, including nuking them. The lessons of Okinawa was that they were going to extract a heavy price for the end of the war and that nuking them was going to be a much less costlier way to end the war.

It was their own damn fault. Don't start something you can't finish. It was really dumb for the Japs to start a war with a country that had tremendous manpower, industrial capacity and the resources to develop very destructive weapons of mass destruction.
So let me get this right, it was none of our business that Japan was using OUR fuel and OUR metal to kill maim rape and murder millions of Chinese?

The US was the largest oil producer in the world at that time and we cut them off.

The US has gone to war in the Middle East because our oil supply was threatened. Remember Kuwait? That tends to piss a country off. It sure as hell pissed off the Japs.

We also had deployed troops right on the Jap's back yard. Just look what we did when the Soviets put a few troops in Central America. We invaded Granada to kick them out. We threatened to go to war when they put missiles in Cuba.

The Japs were assholes. No doubt about it. So were the Germans. However, I think if we had played our cards differently maybe we could have stayed out of WWII. We would have been stronger because of it.

By the way, my father who was an Infantryman in WWII who proudly and courageously served in Europe felt the same way. He did his duty but felt the politicians that sent him to war were imbeciles. I think he was right. Certainly that shithead LBJ that sent me to Vietnam was an idiot.
The Japanese GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY were assholes. So their defenseless people deserved to die.
Who were their "GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY"? Jews? Russians? Martians? They were the part of the Japanese nation. They killed millions of innocent people just for the benefit of the whole Japanese nation.
And yes, all those people were not "defenseless" - their "GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY" were their defense (and offense, what is more important).
Another one who hasn't bothered to read the thread... ^^^

You are confused.

Our government does that too. Do you think it’s okay for your children and grandchildren to be massacred because our government murders?

Read the proof they provided above, it says EXACTLY what I said it said, No actual surrender, the Japanese return to the 41 start lines and the war ends. And they Unkotare and gipper have been claiming that is not true, but then he links to a newspaper article that says EXACTLY that.

You are confused.

Our government does that too. Do you think it’s okay for your children and grandchildren to be massacred because our government murders?
Yes. I'm a part of the nation, I'm proud of what we've achieved, and I'm responsible for all our 'crimes'. I know, that there are millions who want to massacre us, our children and grandchildren and I'm ready to massacre them (and their children and grandchildren) first. We are faithful to our country, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health, in crimes and prosperity all the days of our lifes.

Whatever labored, embarrassing arguments one can make for the nuking of Hiroshima cannot be made for the nuking of Nagasaki just three days later. From my article "Did We Really Need to Use the Atomic Bomb Against Japan?":

On August 9, 1945, just three days after we nuked Hiroshima, and before Japan’s leaders had sufficient time to process and respond to our nuclear attack on Hiroshima, we dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki, which was home to Japan’s largest Christian population. The atomic bombing of Nagasaki was even more inexcusable than the nuking of Hiroshima. . . .​
On August 9, we nuked Nagasaki, just three days after Hiroshima, and hours after the Soviets began to maul the Japanese army in Manchuria,, and while Japan’s civilian leaders were understandably absorbed with trying to process what had happened to Hiroshima and with responding to the Soviet attack in Manchuria. Surely Truman and other high officials knew that three days was not enough time for Japan’s government to formulate a formal response to the unprecedented use of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and to the Soviet invasion in Manchuria. Even McGeorge Bundy, who helped Henry Stimson write his defense of the atomic bombing of Japan, acknowledged that Truman was too quick to nuke Nagasaki:​

"It is hard to see that much could have been lost if there had been more time between the two bombs. . . . Such a delay would have been relatively easy, and I think right." (https://miketgriffith.com/files/immoraluse.pdf)​
The Japanese were not even able to get a scientific team to Hiroshima until August 7, the day after the attack. Meanwhile, Japan's leaders were getting conflicting, fragmentary information about what had happened in Hiroshima. Some Army officials were telling the government that the bombing of Hiroshima was merely a very large conventional bombing raid, and they were suppressing information about the kinds of wounds that had been inflicted. There was no Internet back then, no fax machines, no Skype.

Surely it was obscene for us to nuke Nagasaki just three days, 72 hours, after we had nuked Hiroshima.

I agree 3 days could have been 2 weeks !!!
The nukes were the only way to save lives and end the war

Whatever labored, embarrassing arguments one can make for the nuking of Hiroshima cannot be made for the nuking of Nagasaki just three days later. From my article "Did We Really Need to Use the Atomic Bomb Against Japan?":

On August 9, 1945, just three days after we nuked Hiroshima, and before Japan’s leaders had sufficient time to process and respond to our nuclear attack on Hiroshima, we dropped an atomic bomb on the city of Nagasaki, which was home to Japan’s largest Christian population. The atomic bombing of Nagasaki was even more inexcusable than the nuking of Hiroshima. . . .​
On August 9, we nuked Nagasaki, just three days after Hiroshima, and hours after the Soviets began to maul the Japanese army in Manchuria,, and while Japan’s civilian leaders were understandably absorbed with trying to process what had happened to Hiroshima and with responding to the Soviet attack in Manchuria. Surely Truman and other high officials knew that three days was not enough time for Japan’s government to formulate a formal response to the unprecedented use of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and to the Soviet invasion in Manchuria. Even McGeorge Bundy, who helped Henry Stimson write his defense of the atomic bombing of Japan, acknowledged that Truman was too quick to nuke Nagasaki:​

"It is hard to see that much could have been lost if there had been more time between the two bombs. . . . Such a delay would have been relatively easy, and I think right." (https://miketgriffith.com/files/immoraluse.pdf)​
The Japanese were not even able to get a scientific team to Hiroshima until August 7, the day after the attack. Meanwhile, Japan's leaders were getting conflicting, fragmentary information about what had happened in Hiroshima. Some Army officials were telling the government that the bombing of Hiroshima was merely a very large conventional bombing raid, and they were suppressing information about the kinds of wounds that had been inflicted. There was no Internet back then, no fax machines, no Skype.

Surely it was obscene for us to nuke Nagasaki just three days, 72 hours, after we had nuked Hiroshima.

I agree 3 days could have been 2 weeks !!!
The nukes were the only way to save lives and end the war
Another dupe.

Mass murder defenseless innocent women and children to save lives. Not logical.

Forum List

Back