The Nuking of Nagasaki: Even More Immoral and Unnecessary than Hiroshima

that article does not have any cites to back up the claim.
Yiu have top military leader being quoted that japan sued for peace. And

As late as 25 July, the day before the declaration was issued, Japan had asked for a diplomatic envoy led by Konoe to come to Moscow hoping to mediate peace in the Pacific.[107]

These are facts

Yiu have top military leader being quoted that japan sued for peace. And

As late as 25 July, the day before the declaration was issued, Japan had asked for a diplomatic envoy led by Konoe to come to Moscow hoping to mediate peace in the Pacific.[107]

These are facts
Facts are strange things, for example the Japanese record we captured after the war clearly show that what the Japanese INTENDED to offer the Soviets was a plan to aid them in the coming war with the US. They were going to offer to side with the Soviets in that war if the Soviets got the US to accept a cease fire,

Facts are strange things, for example the Japanese record we captured after the war clearly show that what the Japanese INTENDED to offer the Soviets was a plan to aid them in the coming war with the US. They were going to offer to side with the Soviets in that war if the Soviets got the US to accept a cease fire,
I see no evidence of that

The emperor wanted peace

On June 22, the Emperor summoned the Big Six and said, "This is not an imperial command, but merely a discussion. At the last meeting of the Supreme Council it was decided to adopt a new policy and prepare the homeland for defense. But now I have deemed it necessary to consider a move toward peace, an unprecedented one, and I ask you to take steps at once to realize my wish."

The emperor wanted peace

On June 22, the Emperor summoned the Big Six and said, "This is not an imperial command, but merely a discussion. At the last meeting of the Supreme Council it was decided to adopt a new policy and prepare the homeland for defense. But now I have deemed it necessary to consider a move toward peace, an unprecedented one, and I ask you to take steps at once to realize my wish."
And yet they never offered SURRENDER. They want a cease fire and return to 41 start line.

"the overwhelming historical evidence from American and Japanese archives indicates that Japan would have surrendered that August, even if atomic bombs had not been used
That's nice. But so what? Japan still had not surrendered when the atomic bombs were actually used.

and documents prove that President Truman and his closest advisors knew it."
No such documents exist.

The fact that we expected the Soviet entry into the war to be a blow to Japanese morale is in no way evidence that we could see into the future and know that the war would end at that moment.

We had no idea what it would take to make Japan surrender.

Gar Alperovitz is a known fraud by the way. So not exactly a credible source.

"Truman knew that the Japanese were searching for a way to end the war; he had referred to Togo’s intercepted July 12 cable as the “telegram from the Jap emperor asking for peace.”"
"MacArthur thought the use of atomic bombs was inexcusable. "
"Before the bombings, Eisenhower had urged at Potsdam, “the Japanese were ready to surrender and it wasn’t necessary to hit them with that awful thing.”"
People really must have struggled to resist slapping Eisenhower and Leahy the way they sniveled and whined all the time.

If Japan wanted out of the war, they were free to surrender at any time.

Japan was the one who chose to wait until August 10 (by which time both atomic bombs had already been dropped) before surrendering.

Fake news. Never happened.

I accept your concession
You're lying about me again. I have not conceded.

It we could have simply waited 2 weeks
We were not interested in waiting. We were interested in hammering Japan as hard as we could until they surrendered.

If someone is ever foolish enough to place you in charge of a war, you will be free to wait around and do nothing until you lose the war.

Truman was not interested in sitting around doing nothing when we could be pounding on Japan.

We know they were willing to surrender.....because they did
We know they were willing to surrender on August 10, because they did.

We know that they refused to surrender before August 10, because they did.

By the time August 10 came around, both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

You have top military leader being quoted that japan sued for peace.
And we have the actual fact that Japan didn't offer to surrender until August 10, by which time both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

And
Yep. Dumb move by Japan to hope that the Soviets would help them to end the war in a draw (like the Korean War later ended) instead of surrendering.

These are facts
You left a lot of important context out of those facts, and you presented them in a misleading manner.

But don't worry, I added in the context that you left out.

I see no evidence of that
Perhaps if you read some history books and gained a little bit of real knowledge about the issue.

"Japan siding with the Soviets during the coming Cold War" was to be Japan's payment to the Soviets for helping Japan to end the war in a draw (like the Korean War later ended) instead of surrendering.

The emperor wanted peace
Japan was free to surrender at any time.

No one made Japan wait until August 10 to surrender.

You're lying about me again. I have not conceded.

We were not interested in waiting. We were interested in hammering Japan as hard as we could until they surrendered.

If someone is ever foolish enough to place you in charge of a war, you will be free to wait around and do nothing until you lose the war.

Truman was not interested in sitting around doing nothing when we could be pounding on Japan.

We know they were willing to surrender on August 10, because they did.

We know that they refused to surrender before August 10, because they did.

By the time August 10 came around, both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

And we have the actual fact that Japan didn't offer to surrender until August 10, by which time both atomic bombs had already been dropped.

Yep. Dumb move by Japan to hope that the Soviets would help them to end the war in a draw (like the Korean War later ended) instead of surrendering.

You left a lot of important context out of those facts, and you presented them in a misleading manner.

But don't worry, I added in the context that you left out.

Perhaps if you read some history books and gained a little bit of real knowledge about the issue.

"Japan siding with the Soviets during the coming Cold War" was to be Japan's payment to the Soviets for helping Japan to end the war in a draw (like the Korean War later ended) instead of surrendering.

Japan was free to surrender at any time.

No one made Japan wait until August 10 to surrender.
Fake news

Actually they wanted no war crimes for the imperial family.....and we gave them that
Before August 10, Japan wanted to end the war in a draw without surrendering (like the Korean War later ended).

We did not give them that.

After August 10, Japan wanted to surrender with a guarantee that Hirohito would retain unlimited dictatorial power as Japan's living deity.

We didn't give them that either. We told them that Hirohito would be subordinate to MacArthur.

Fake news
Wrong again.

Before August 10, Japan wanted to end the war in a draw without surrendering (like the Korean War later ended).

We did not give them that.

After August 10, Japan wanted to surrender with a guarantee that Hirohito would retain unlimited dictatorial power as Japan's living deity.

We didn't give them that either. We told them that Hirohito would be subordinate to MacArthur.

Wrong again.
Fake news. Never happened

Forum List

Back