The Obama Economy: Food Stamps and Unemployment

No, we're the people who brought you Seqouya, Elvis, Johnny Cash, James Garner and a few others. I'm more or less average for partial Cherokee the five members of my birth family averaged an IQ of 175 and at 154 I brought the average down.

No, we're the people who brought you Seqouya, Elvis, Johnny Cash, James Garner and a few others. I'm more or less average for partial Cherokee the five members of my birth family averaged an IQ of 175 and at 154 I brought the average down.

How many Nobels have Cherokees won?

This thread has officially derailed.

L4RXB9y.gif

how many non-Cherokee can be named who developed a syllabus? (hint: zero)

Had no idea about here. Learn something new every day.
Melissa Harris-Perry's Black Feminism Syllabus Is All Kinds of Amazing
Not an actual syllabus as in writing system you know or maybe don't know something like cunieform, ideograms, alphabets that sort of stuff.
You're right. I dont know. I care even less.

Whats the difference between bailing out banks and bailing out car makers?

Huge. One produces a tangible product( capital goods) and another speculates. Investment banks are largely inconsequential to the real economy, but real goods and services matter.

Wow, that's completely wrong.
The car companies' major earnings source was their financing. No large business could get capital without investment banks.
Cars are not capital goods, anyway.

Thanks, I think you've revealed what you know about economics. Zilch.

I meant capital goods as in factories, equipment, machinery, and tools. etc. These are things which we need to produce real goods and services. I was on my iPad, so my goal was to be quick and to the point, but I can see where the confusion may have stemmed from my use of parenthesis.

The large TBTF banks are largely problematic and an actual drag on the real economy. Between their control fraud and rent seeking, they've become a cause for concern. They add a form of economic rent to all economic activity in our daily lives and society at large.

Last edited:
Huge. One produces a tangible product( capital goods) and another speculates. Investment banks are largely inconsequential to the real economy, but real goods and services matter.

Wow, that's completely wrong.
The car companies' major earnings source was their financing. No large business could get capital without investment banks.
Cars are not capital goods, anyway.

Thanks, I think you've revealed what you know about economics. Zilch.

I meant capital goods as in factories, equipment, machinery, and tools. etc. These are things which we need to produce real goods and services. I was on my iPad, so my goal was to be quick and to the point, but I can see where the confusion may have stemmed from my use of parenthesis.

The large TBTF banks are largely problematic and an actual drag on the real economy. Between their control fraud and rent seeking, they've become a cause for concern. They add a form of economic rent to all economic activity in our daily lives and society at large.
I can agree with your second comment. Dodd-Frank enshrined TBTF and gave banks essentially a gov't guarantee to gamble with depositors' money. That is why more regulation is the problem, and less regulation the answer.

Forum List

Back