🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Obamacare Hotline and Earline Davis

Again I have had dozens of jobs over the years and have also worked in he media. And I have interviewed many employees on the job who were under no restrictions not to talk to the press, and I have NEVER had such a restriction imposed on me on any job I have ever held.

But Earline Davis did NOT say her company sucked or that Obamacare sucked. She did not talk down the program and she did not talk down Obamacare. Immediately following her explanation to Hannity that the website was encountering glitches and they were working on it and she was there to answer questions until they got it back up and running, he asked her if anybody was happy, and she answered truthfully 'not really'. And that was it.

I fully believed that she was never instructed not to talk to a member of the media. She was there to answer questions from people who called in and she answered Sean's questions. The interview was neither targeted and did not include a criticism of Obamacare, the Administration, the Hotline, or anything else. She was fired because she talked to Sean Hannity. Had it been Chris Matthews or Ed Schultz or Rachel Maddow who had called in, I am 100% certain that there would have been no repercussions of any kind.

If this is how you understood your terms of employment, I can easily understand why you "have had dozens of jobs over the years." Prohibitions regarding opioning to media about company operations are in nearly every labor contract. Maybe you should read the fine print sometime.

A number of those jobs were whatever I could get in highschool and college. And then after I married a guy who got transferred - a LOT -I often held multiple jobs and I often took whatever entry level job I could get while working myself into better offers and better deals. And I generally was able to work my way into a really neat job that I enjoyed immensely.

I have probably written more personnel policies than you have ever held jobs, and not one of them included a clause that suggested employees were forbidden to talk to the media. Nor did a single employer I have ever worked for.

So I don't know what kind of creepy or illegal operations some of you guys are working for, but I apparently escaped those experiences.

Wow.

If this is how you understood your terms of employment, I can easily understand why you "have had dozens of jobs over the years." Prohibitions regarding opioning to media about company operations are in nearly every labor contract. Maybe you should read the fine print sometime.

Ther's always c few who come ut of the woodwork with stories. I am sure fox has perfect healthcare too. The fact is companies do have these policies. Just because the people they were talking to didn't get caught doesn't mean they weren't breaking the rules.

Okay, my experience seems to be completely unique and out of the mainstream.

How many of you have worked under personnel policies that said you were not allowed to answer any questions from a media person?

I am now curious.

Forum List

Back