"The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think"

Obama admin. knew millions could not keep their health insurance - NBC Investigations

Four sources deeply involved in the Affordable Care Act tell NBC NEWS that 50 to 75 percent of the 14 million consumers who buy their insurance individually can expect to receive a “cancellation” letter or the equivalent over the next year because their existing policies don’t meet the standards mandated by the new health care law. One expert predicts that number could reach as high as 80 percent. And all say that many of those forced to buy pricier new policies will experience “sticker shock.”

None of this should come as a shock to the Obama administration. The law states that policies in effect as of March 23, 2010 will be “grandfathered,” meaning consumers can keep those policies even though they don’t meet requirements of the new health care law. But the Department of Health and Human Services then wrote regulations that narrowed that provision, by saying that if any part of a policy was significantly changed since that date -- the deductible, co-pay, or benefits, for example -- the policy would not be grandfathered.

Buried in Obamacare regulations from July 2010 is an estimate that because of normal turnover in the individual insurance market, “40 to 67 percent” of customers will not be able to keep their policy. And because many policies will have been changed since the key date, “the percentage of individual market policies losing grandfather status in a given year exceeds the 40 to 67 percent range.”

I was discussing this with a friend of mine 3 years ago. We both agreed that if he got Obamacare through, this country would be single payer in less than 5 years. No business in its right mind would continue to provide insurance for their employees. Obama had effected a complete model change in the way commerce is conducted here in the US.

SNIP from your link:

While the Affordable Care Act was making its way through Congress in 2009 and 2010, President Obama famously promised the American people over and over again that if you like your health plan, you can keep it.
Obamacare

“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” Obama said at one rally in July 2009. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”
:flameth:

But the president's promise is turning out to be false
for millions of Americans who have had their health insurance policies canceled because they don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.

Well, he didn't exactly tell lie. He just didn't tell the complete truth. You CAN keep your health plan if you like it. But your health plan is not required to keep you!

For the past two weeks, healthcare.gov, the federal government’s new health insurance marketplace, has been bogged down by problems, preventing users (including me) from viewing insurance options and plans on the website.

Federal officials have pointed to overwhelming demand to explain the site’s problems. But web developers, other experts and journalists have uncovered more fundamental issues with the design and functioning of the site.

Here are excerpts from five of the better stories explaining what happened:

Read more: Here's why healthcare.gov broke down

Over a half billion dollars spent on this site ..What joke

But it was Moochelle's BFF.

I find it a tad encouraging that the MSM are finally reporting on how awful ObamaCare is.

I bet some of them are really enjoying the schadenfreude after years of harassment and threats by the O-Bots.

I'm somewhat encouraged too. Qualifiedly.

I'm torn between being bitter that they didn't investigate and report upon the situation when there was still time to make a difference ... and being happy that they aren't all sitting on the story now.

I'm so pessimistic about what can be done now. The jobs are already lost. The policies are already cancelled. So much has already been spent breaking things. How much would it cost to fix them again?

Obama's not really big on free speech and transparency, especially when it comes to the Democrat media and his Administration...

Big Surprise Right...:lol:

Wow. A 63-year-old called into Hannity to tell the lengths she had to go to in order to keep her insurance with BCBS. That call needs to be made available for distribution via youtube or something. First of all her premiums increased dramatically. Good news is she is now covered for pregnancy. But she had to reapply and the application packet she received was 1/4" thick. She was required to contact every doctor she has seen in the past 10 years. She had to employ multiple clerical skills including faxing -- things beyond the skill set of Obama's target demographic, many of whom, according to Democrats, don't even have the skill set required to obtain a government ID.

You gotta love it.

I find it a tad encouraging that the MSM are finally reporting on how awful ObamaCare is.

I bet some of them are really enjoying the schadenfreude after years of harassment and threats by the O-Bots.

I'm somewhat encouraged too. Qualifiedly.

I'm torn between being bitter that they didn't investigate and report upon the situation when there was still time to make a difference ... and being happy that they aren't all sitting on the story now.

I'm so pessimistic about what can be done now. The jobs are already lost. The policies are already cancelled. So much has already been spent breaking things. How much would it cost to fix them again?

I have a business, but no employees. If I did have employees, I would change my business model so they would have to get their insurance elsewhere. Business is business. This is the US. They are not charitable organizations, they are businesses motivated by profit.

I do like that Democrats have fully taken responsibility for the realities of Dem-O-Care, even if Obama can't.

The good news is that eventually the bad news will get out. It's probably too late to do much good. Jobs, income and insurance policies are already lost -- even if there is a delay Blue Cross Blue Shield won't be able to say, "Come back to us at your old rates and deductions". Nor will employers be able to say, "Come back to work for us at your old hourly level for one more year before we have to let you go again". But at least the news will eventually be told. I hope.

Marc Thiessen: The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think - The Washington Post

Tick-tock----tick-tock......:scared1:

The good news is that eventually the bad news will get out. It's probably too late to do much good. Jobs, income and insurance policies are already lost -- even if there is a delay Blue Cross Blue Shield won't be able to say, "Come back to us at your old rates and deductions". Nor will employers be able to say, "Come back to work for us at your old hourly level for one more year before we have to let you go again". But at least the news will eventually be told. I hope.

Marc Thiessen: The Obamacare implosion is worse than you think - The Washington Post

Tick-tock----tick-tock......:scared1:

You seem much happier that 2 weeks ago... I'm glad

I do like that Democrats have fully taken responsibility for the realities of Dem-O-Care, even if Obama can't.

The cowards were for it and now they are against it. Reelections coming soon. The author of the bill calls it a train wreck....Sebelius smiles pretty and says all will be well soon. She had nothing to do with it, after all....:eusa_liar:

The cowards were for it and now they are against it. Reelections coming soon. The author of the bill calls it a train wreck....Sebelius smiles pretty and says all will be well soon. She had nothing to do with it, after all....:eusa_liar:

:beer:

When I think of Obamacare I think of a prank the boys used to play on the postman. They would shut a cat up in a mailbox on a hot summer day. Then they would beat on it with sticks to get the cat more riled up. Then they would hide in the bushes and watch the furious cat run out and claw the postman when he opened the mailbox door. A lot of people have been pranked and the cats just ran out of the mailboxes and up their arms.

I don't know why I just can't shake the cat imagery when I think of Obama. But the cat shit IS the most stinking shit in the world.

SNIP from your link:

While the Affordable Care Act was making its way through Congress in 2009 and 2010, President Obama famously promised the American people over and over again that if you like your health plan, you can keep it.
Obamacare

“Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you,” Obama said at one rally in July 2009. “First of all, if you’ve got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you.”

for millions of Americans who have had their health insurance policies canceled because they don't meet the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.

Well, he didn't exactly tell lie. He just didn't tell the complete truth. You CAN keep your health plan if you like it. But your health plan is not required to keep you!

No you can't, they die on Dec 31st

SNIP from your link:

Obamacare

No you can't, they die on Dec 31st

Yeah they can. Until they company cancels them!

It was supposed to be for everybody else. Not for them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_1Pw1xm9U]Surprise Surprise Surprise - YouTube[/ame]

Wow. A 63-year-old called into Hannity to tell the lengths she had to go to in order to keep her insurance with BCBS. That call needs to be made available for distribution via youtube or something. First of all her premiums increased dramatically. Good news is she is now covered for pregnancy. But she had to reapply and the application packet she received was 1/4" thick. She was required to contact every doctor she has seen in the past 10 years. She had to employ multiple clerical skills including faxing -- things beyond the skill set of Obama's target demographic, many of whom, according to Democrats, don't even have the skill set required to obtain a government ID.

You gotta love it.

I am covered for pregnancy, contraception, abortion and newborn care. I am 67 years old. What I lost, because government studies no longer find them necessary are mammograms, and cancer screenings. Instead of every year, I can get them every five years.

Since my benefits have increased so dramatically, I must pay for the increased coverage. Democrats are very quick to point out that I now have insurance I didn't have before. See how good it's been already?

when articles like this start to appear in friendly democrat territory (WaPo) trouble is coming. Things are going to get really ugly n this country, very soon.

It certainly 'Splains why Homeland Security has stocked up on 2 Billion + bullets.

and why there is such a heavy push to register existing guns and limit what people can own. our government realizes our military can't stop an uprising in a country as small as Afghanistan. they sure as hell know they could not stop one in a country the size of ours. sure our army could , if needed, pretty much blow Afghanistan off the map. but realistically, they can't do the. no way the could do it at home either.

Forum List

Back