The Obvious Reason Media doesn't want Armed Guards in Schools.

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
Just ask yourself, would you put a Gun Free Zone sign in front of your house?

I've been fascinated by this rejection that each school should have have two or three armed guards --- just like the rich, powerful and wealthy.

However, the reasoning behind this rejection is quite easy to understand, you just need to follow the money.

When these tragedies occur, the media makes LOADS of money from greatly increased audiences and thus commercial ad revenue. It also gives the Gun Control politicians an excuse to CONTROL your guns, even though their solutions won't fix anything.

Thus, neither the media nor the politicians want to actually stop these tragedies, they want them to keep happening.

Putting armed guards in our schools would stop these tragedies from occurring. Allowing regular law abiding citizens to arm themselves would stop these tragedies from occurring at other public locations.

Thus, the media is against Armed Guards, because it would put an end to school shootings, and thus they would lose a statistically reliable source of tragedies, hurting their profits.

The Gun Control Authoritarians want to impose laws that MAKE THE PROBLEM WORSE, or at the very least, don't make the problem any better, because then they won't run out of tragedies to take advantage of in order to tighten CONTROL over LAW ABIDING citizens.

Thus, the media and government have an invested interest in allowing these tragedies to continue!

Also, before someone mentions Columbine:

1) Clinton's Assault Weapons ban was in effect during Columbine.

2) The police told the armed guard at Columbine that he was NOT allowed to enter to school.

Jan. 31, 2013
ATLANTA (AP) — A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown about 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.

The wounded boy was taken “alert, conscious and breathing” to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. Grady Heath System Spokeswoman Denise Simpson said the teen had been discharged from the hospital Thursday night. Campos said charges against the shooter were pending.

Police swarmed the school of about 400 students after reports of the shooting while a crowd of anxious parents gathered in the streets, awaiting word on their children. Students were kept at the locked-down school for more than two hours before being dismissed.

Investigators believe the shooting was not random and that something occurred between the two students that may have led to it.

Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said the school does have metal detectors.

“The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?” Davis asked about the gun. “That’s something we do not know yet.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Or Obama could suggest that schools and daycare centers all over the country just keep the doors locked and not allow anyone to walk in off the street. I guess that solution is too simple and too effective. Of course, locked doors aren't even enough at his daughters' school. They require armed guards. They are better than our children. And politicians and celebrities are better than the rest of us peons.

The shootings are always politicized instantly, before the families can even begin to grasp the tragedy. When I see politicians pounce that quick, I know damn well they see an opportunity first and a tragedy second. Any crisis gets them excited and they aren't about to let any of them go to waste.

many urban and suburban schools have police stationed on-sight. I realize that they may not all be like the pedophiles that Joe Arpiao rounded up for his posse, but still...

This belongs on the conspiracy theory page.

Do you have a better explanation why the leadership of the left opposes Armed Guards in schools, even when the majority of the people on the left actually thinks its a good idea?

Pew Research Poll: Americans want armed guards in public schools | Washington Times Communities

Yes there is a better reason..... Because you have not one shred of actual proof that armed guards in every school in America would actually work.

Oh and with many schools absolutely strapped in terms of budgets how exactly do you propose these multiple guards in EVERY school be paid for?

Do you have a better explanation why the leadership of the left opposes Armed Guards in schools, even when the majority of the people on the left actually thinks its a good idea?

Pew Research Poll: Americans want armed guards in public schools | Washington Times Communities

Because they've actually studied the issue and realize it's a bad idea.

Exactly where are we going to find these guys?

My guess, the same place they found airport guards before 9/11, and look how well that worked out!

Did a resume for a fellow who said he used to work for an armored car company. Now you'd think they'd get the best of the best for that. But nope. He said they had no training, and the guns they were issued looked like someone had played floor hockey with them, they were so beat up.

You think the schools are going to hire ex-special forces to be their guards, or are they going to just hire Paul Blart, Mall Cop?

1st, I haven't seen a thing which indicates the media or the "leadership of the left" oppose armed guards in schools. We can't afford them, but they are not opposed. Where I live, which is a fairly solidly democratic area, we have armed guards in the schools. Perhaps you are thinking of the opposition to the idea of arming teachers, which is a monumentally stupid idea.

2nd, This does belong in the conspiriacy area since this is pretty much just another conspiracy theory. One of the sillier ones at that.

3rd, There are several valid, logical and reasonable arguments against proposed gun control legislation. I have to wonder why you always seem to choose this nonsense rather than any of them.

Or Obama could suggest that schools and daycare centers all over the country just keep the doors locked and not allow anyone to walk in off the street. I guess that solution is too simple and too effective. Of course, locked doors aren't even enough at his daughters' school. They require armed guards. They are better than our children. And politicians and celebrities are better than the rest of us peons.

The shootings are always politicized instantly, before the families can even begin to grasp the tragedy. When I see politicians pounce that quick, I know damn well they see an opportunity first and a tragedy second. Any crisis gets them excited and they aren't about to let any of them go to waste.

The doors at Sandy Hook were locked.

OK. Let's put armed guards at every school. Then let's tally what it costs at the end of the month, and go to every gun manufacturer and retailer and say, "you sold this many guns, you have this share of the market, here is your bill for your share of the armed guards, you can pay it now". Address problems at there source.

I know this is a crazy question, but what the hell:

Is anyone else concerned about a culture that has deteriorated to a point where armed guards in our schools is even being seriously discussed?

Or is it just me?

I guess not.

Apparently, we don't want to take away people guns or limit who can have them,and we don't want to upset crazy people by locking them up, so we have to create a Maginot Line of armed school guards.

Completely forgetting. Columbine had an armed guard. It didn't do any good.

VA Tech had a whole police force. Cho still managed to kill 30 people.

Ft. Hood was a military base. Hasan still managed to shoot up a bunch of people before a "good guy with a gun" got him.

The NRA doesn't want to get guns out of the hands of bad guys. Their money is just as good, and the fear of a bad guy with a gun gets a lot of good guys who wouldn't want a gun to buy them.

Just ask yourself, would you put a Gun Free Zone sign in front of your house?

I've been fascinated by this rejection that each school should have have two or three armed guards --- just like the rich, powerful and wealthy.

However, the reasoning behind this rejection is quite easy to understand, you just need to follow the money.

When these tragedies occur, the media makes LOADS of money from greatly increased audiences and thus commercial ad revenue. It also gives the Gun Control politicians an excuse to CONTROL your guns, even though their solutions won't fix anything.

Thus, neither the media nor the politicians want to actually stop these tragedies, they want them to keep happening.

Putting armed guards in our schools would stop these tragedies from occurring. Allowing regular law abiding citizens to arm themselves would stop these tragedies from occurring at other public locations.

Thus, the media is against Armed Guards, because it would put an end to school shootings, and thus they would lose a statistically reliable source of tragedies, hurting their profits.

The Gun Control Authoritarians want to impose laws that MAKE THE PROBLEM WORSE, or at the very least, don't make the problem any better, because then they won't run out of tragedies to take advantage of in order to tighten CONTROL over LAW ABIDING citizens.

Thus, the media and government have an invested interest in allowing these tragedies to continue!

Also, before someone mentions Columbine:

1) Clinton's Assault Weapons ban was in effect during Columbine.

2) The police told the armed guard at Columbine that he was NOT allowed to enter to school.

Jan. 31, 2013
ATLANTA (AP) — A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.

Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown about 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.

The wounded boy was taken “alert, conscious and breathing” to Grady Memorial Hospital, said police spokesman Carlos Campos. Grady Heath System Spokeswoman Denise Simpson said the teen had been discharged from the hospital Thursday night. Campos said charges against the shooter were pending.

Police swarmed the school of about 400 students after reports of the shooting while a crowd of anxious parents gathered in the streets, awaiting word on their children. Students were kept at the locked-down school for more than two hours before being dismissed.

Investigators believe the shooting was not random and that something occurred between the two students that may have led to it.

Schools Superintendent Erroll Davis said the school does have metal detectors.

“The obvious question is how did this get past a metal detector?” Davis asked about the gun. “That’s something we do not know yet.”

You want gun free zones eliminated and open carry for all citizens allowed.

That means when some guy in military garb, carrying an AR-15, with a couple pistols in his belt comes walking into your school,

he's fully within his rights and above suspicion?

lolol

Forum List

Back