The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anderson Cooper: Did George Zimmerman use a racial slur? Why it's important - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com

Click here and listen to the tape at 1:17.

Without editing the tape, the comment in question could easily be missed as it appears Zimmerman said it under his breath. The comment lasted only 1.6 seconds.

Sierra lowered the base to make it easier to hear what Zimmerman was saying. When the tape is played again [2:12] it is much easier to hear what sounds like:

“
“F-ing coons.”

Asked why he wanted to get rid of the low end, or base of the audio, Sierra said, “To minimize the noise.” This eliminates the background noise so the voice can be heard more clearly. Sierra boosted the audio up again [2:56] making it even easier to hear what again sounds like “f-ing coons.”

Sierra agreed it’s very difficult to know for sure if that’s what Zimmerman said, however, it does sound like it. The only person who knows for sure is Zimmerman, and CNN says he’s not talking.

Why is it so important?

CNN Senior Legal Analyst Jeffrey Toobin said it’s extremely significant because the federal government is not able to prosecute your every day, typical murder. “People fighting on the street is not a federal crime,” Toobin said. “However, if one person shoots another based on racial hostility, racial animus, that does become a federal crime and if, very shortly before the murder, Zimmerman used this racial epithet to refer to the person he ultimately shot, that very much puts it within the FBI and the Justice Department’s ambit of a case that they could prosecute.”

Why would such serious commentary come from a legal analyst if it hadn't pretty much been decided at that time that he very likely at the very minimum said "coons"?

Oh I know, debunking. I'd hate to burst your bubble but debunking is not a very highly regarded art. :badgrin:

you know why, and here is what was said after it was properly enhanced-

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOt1wEDy0SI&feature=player_embedded]Zimmerman's 911 call: Audio enhanced again - YouTube[/ame]

You can't lisp a plural "s" sound onto the word "cold" and there is definitely an "s" sound in it. Impossible. Only "coons" can fit that "enhanced" version. I have heard many words tried that could fit but none have come anywhere near "coons."

It's looking more like they are leaning towards Manslaughter as a compromise verdict.

They are asking for clarification, that doesn't mean they have convicted him of it yet. Idiot. Also since self defense applied to Murder 2 (which they dismissed), it also applies to manslaughter.

They haven't dismissed anything yet. But if "Self-Defense" is an affirmative defense to both Murder and Manslaughter, the fact they are looking for a clarificaiton on manslaughter would seem to me that they rejected the "self-defense" position.

Anyway, that's how I'm reading it. Could be wrong.

You can't tell from the question which way they are leaning.

Did they start with self defense eliminate that and are now considering what he should be convicted of?

Did they start with the charges, eliminate murder and are now discussing manslaughter to agree or reject?

Before this altercation even began, Z puts this kid in the category of an asshole and Fucking Punk. Then the kid sucker punches him and really pisses him off. He says to himself, tonight, it's my turn and shoots him in the heart!

Very possible! As possible as Z's story.

It's looking more like they are leaning towards Manslaughter as a comprimise verdict.

BASED ON WHAT? How would you feel if someone started slamming your head against the ground???

It could be they have dismissed that Z was defending himself and possibly thought that Z was angry after being hit.

Wouldn't you be angry if you were hit? Having your head pounded on the cement???

Before this altercation even began, Z puts this kid in the category of an asshole and Fucking Punk. Then the kid sucker punches him and really pisses him off. He says to himself, tonight, it's my turn and shoots him in the heart!

Thinking the kid is a punk doesn't take Zimmermans right of self defense away. :eusa_whistle:

It's looking more like they are leaning towards Manslaughter as a compromise verdict.

They are asking for clarification, that doesn't mean they have convicted him of it yet. Idiot. Also since self defense applied to Murder 2 (which they dismissed), it also applies to manslaughter. What I'm guessing is that they did indeed determine that he acted in self defense with regards to Murder 2, so if that were true, it can be possible that they are about to make the same determination with manslaughter. Hey, they could also be asking what instruction acquits him.

So much for spontaneous reactions.

BASED ON WHAT? How would you feel if someone started slamming your head against the ground???

It could be they have dismissed that Z was defending himself and possibly thought that Z was angry after being hit.

Wouldn't you be angry if you were hit? Having your head pounded on the cement???

Yes, I would be.

That doesn't constitute self defense, though.

If he shot the kid in anger, that's manslaughter.

You can't tell from the question which way they are leaning.

Did they start with self defense eliminate that and are now considering what he should be convicted of?

Did they start with the charges, eliminate murder and are now discussing manslaughter to agree or reject?

No, I think they eliminated murder2 and are now looking into manslaughter and if manslaughter could somehow fit into agenda of pacifying the blood thirsty

Yes, I would be.

That doesn't constitute self defense, though.

If he shot the kid in anger, that's manslaughter.

Well then, we all know how you would react if someone killed you with one punch. You would be dead.

Not possible at all as there is no evidence for that

I care about his actions because there are plenty of people who are racist that don't pursue someone and shoot them like zimmerman did to Martin.

Do you just ignore Martin came back or you just know it could never happen he came back punched GZ and began to pound his head ?

Who is the witness that stated that Martin came back, zimmerman? If he came back to "pound his head", why would he be talking on a cell phone?

Since the jury asked for the evidence list, that tells me they aren't going to rule on emotion, but on evidence. Guess what folks? That's good for Zimmerman. If they used the same evidence to rule out Murder 2, they may react the same way on manslaughter.

O'Mara looks as somber as anyone can remember.

ok

accepting the inevitable

Plenty of grounds for appeal.

~~~
5 to 1 in favor of acquittal--Fox News/Frank Taafe?--the 1 is reviewing manslaughter instructions.

probably different news from other sources.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back