The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those tooting the 'got away with murder' horn, just consider that this is a second degree murder charge, and it requires these conditions

1. an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, nor committed in a reasonable "heat of passion"
  2. 2) a killing caused by dangerous conduct and the offender's obvious lack of concern for human life.

If there is not enough evidence to prove either conditions, you cannot convict a person of this crime...

I agree...the prosecution did not make a case. It is what it is.

But a civil suit, that's another matter. I wonder if he's frantically putting all his assets in someone else's name right now.

Why bother? He isn't rich like OJ was.

Zimmerman definitely did not have the best lawyers money could buy. When I go to trial and I hear my attorney speak, sometimes I think I could have done a better job if I just defended myself.

But the defense team did smashing job, especially when the jury was stacked against them.

Perfect!

George Zimmerman Not Guilty: NAACP Plans Civil Charges - Business Insider

The NAACP said late Saturday that it was "outraged and heartbroken" over the not-guilty verdict in the George Zimmerman trial, vowing to pursue "civil rights charges" with the Department of Justice.

of course

doesnt he have immunity now

Only against criminal charges. Remember that O J Simpson was acquitted in criminal court but subsequently lost in a civil court. Zimmerman could lose in civil court too if he gets the wrong judge or the NAACP throws some high powered money at this. But some legal minds who have been commenting on this think he could have a pretty good defamation case against the prosecutors too. So who knows?

But I doubt this will be over for awhile.

the defense reserved the right to a immunity hearing

Angela Corey should be fired, and sued for slander and libel.

for this ? ................... looking good so far..,
State's Attorney Angela Corey has been indicted by a citizens' grand jury, convening in Ocala, Florida, over the alleged falsification of the arrest warrant and complaint that lead to George Zimmerman being charged with the second degree murder of African-American teenager Trayvon Martin in Sanford, Florida.

The indictment of Corey, which was handed down last week (see Citizens Grand Jury), charges Corey with intentionally withholding photographic evidence of the injuries to George Zimmerman's head in the warrant she allegedly rushed to issue under oath, in an effort to boost her reelection prospects. At the outset of this case, black activists such as Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, who whipped up wrath against Zimmerman, demanded that he be charged with murder, after local police had thus far declined to arrest him pending investigation.

Following Corey's criminal complaint charging Zimmerman, legal experts such as Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz condemned her for falsely signing an arrest affidavit under oath, which intentionally omitted exculpatory evidence consisting of the photographs showing the injuries Zimmerman sustained, and rushing to charge him with second degree murder under political pressure. Dershowitz called her actions unethical and themselves crimes

so Blacks in Sanford are crying? were they crying after what OJ did? why are they making Trayvon out to be some picture perfect 17 yr old boy who would never hurt anyone?
Why are you and others trying to put the VICTIM, Trayvon Martin, on trial?

Do you see how these problems occur?

This whole thing was a tragedy. Reminded me of Wolfe's Bonfire of the Vanities in its essential absurdity. Some guy trying to protect his neighborhood makes an error in judgment and a seventeen year old kid makes a bad decision. It ends badly. The media magnifies the event into something it isn't.

There are no winners in this game.

Fast forward ten years into the future. This is GZ:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwrUkeYxUF0]South Park - Wheel of Fortune - Naggers - YouTube[/ame]

And the trial by media continues. This headline is on the Huffington Post article tonight:

George Zimmerman Not Guilty: Jury Lets Trayvon Martin Killer Go

Sadly it looks like it won't be over for awhile yet.

its the reason why we are even here discussing it, you'd think they would have learned something......a pox on their house.

Well he did kill him. Nobody has to tiptoe around that.

If people who work with words don't understand the power in how something is phrased, then no one does. They said it that way for a reason, and it's unacceptable.

I think we should have a moment of silence for Trayvon Martin.

Wow. Did he have any idea he would cause so much ruckus? I wish you had a better and more of a life and it hadn't have ended so tragically. I wish your life hadn't been cut so short. Your life is a sad story since, wasn't, until it was in the formative years.

As a parent, my heart bleeds for the coulda and shoulda's

Parents - hold it together for your kids.

I think perhaps a big part of the problem is that Trayvon, like so many people, had no sense at all of the consequences of his actions.

of course

doesnt he have immunity now

Only against criminal charges. Remember that O J Simpson was acquitted in criminal court but subsequently lost in a civil court. Zimmerman could lose in civil court too if he gets the wrong judge or the NAACP throws some high powered money at this. But some legal minds who have been commenting on this think he could have a pretty good defamation case against the prosecutors too. So who knows?

But I doubt this will be over for awhile.

image3267708g.gif

Mr. Goldman, the Martin's understand what you feel sir.

No, they don't. The Martins are slime who raised a murderous monster. The Goldmans are an honorable family who had their son attacked by two murderous monsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back