The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been keeping up alot with this case.
TD please provide the link where they PROVE that GZ stopped.
I can't seem to find one.
There's this though....
Shooting of Trayvon Martin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Its a good question...the only thing that I can point to just having the 911 call is that initially he is running and breathing heavy...when the dispatcher says "we dont need you to do that" he stopped running within a few seconds and you can hear an immediate change in his breathing and speaking tone....he was running trying to pin the location and then when that was said he stops running and is walking begins telling dispatch of where the cop can meet him.

Now later he confuses things by asking for a call when the cop got in the area so that GZ could give location, so that muddies his intent at that point. I'm sure the prosecution will be hitting on that. Although, I don't think it matters much in the big scheme of things...nothing illegal has been done until the punch is thrown and the gun goes off...so everything up to that point, imo, is irrelevant and will not weigh much on the jury...no one was breaking any laws at this point...trayvon nor george.

Last edited:
There's this though....

He stops breathing heavy. I'm into murder and crime big time. Geeze that doesn't sound good does it?

And no my husband doesn't know about the new insurance policy :lol:

You have to actually listen to it and you know he stopped. You have to listen to the call girl. Honest.

That's the get go for me on this. Did he follow? No. So then it means the idiot told the truth and got the shit kicked out of him.

Now you have to understand too he didn't want to shoot. It was only when he realizef that Trayvon found his gun on his body that George shot.

That had to be the worlds worst moment.

You being a lover of law and crime doesn't sound bad to me at all. I'm true crime big time too. I came here from the WAT forum....:eusa_hand:

That's funny though about the ins policy. I won't tell anyone :eusa_silenced:

I will relisten to GZ 911 call again and compare all the times and locations with the 911 calls from the residents.

As far as your opinion about him not wanting to shoot....the world's worst moment? Maybe...maybe not.

You don't know him personally do you? No offense....I'm just wondering, due to the way you are speaking of him.

. I get it. A black kid I s is killed by Zimmerman but a white kid was killed by blacks. I see And he is upset. I see the similarities in the situation really. both kids were killed.

ruh roh....

One was in a stroller. You can't see the difference?

Who got the press though.?

Great point...thats why most of the racial incitement is fake and hypocritical. Do you think this lady will be suspicious of being approached alone by two black teens again?...Most likely she will...if she does she will be called racist, stereotyping and profiling.

People have different reasons for being suspicious...if they are they usually have a reason to be based on their own life experiences.

However, I am not for following suspicions with a loaded gun...theres a line that needs to be drawn.

Hey I am so with you on that.

To me the night of Trayvon and George is the ultimate FUBAR;d moment ever. And we have a dead child and a man and his family because of assholes like Sharpton a dead man.

What I don't get, and I think Trayvon's parents are really awesome by the way, why didn't they get a decent report on the how and why their child died.

If I remember correctly the idiot pd didn't even notify his dad so of course they are going to be beside themselves.

So if what I am reading the poor parents were left out of the loop and of course they started to lose it.

We can't blame them for that. Then of course as soon as Sharpton and Jackson get their names in print all hell breaks loose.

There's this though....

He stops breathing heavy. I'm into murder and crime big time. Geeze that doesn't sound good does it?

And no my husband doesn't know about the new insurance policy :lol:

You have to actually listen to it and you know he stopped. You have to listen to the call girl. Honest.

That's the get go for me on this. Did he follow? No. So then it means the idiot told the truth and got the shit kicked out of him.

Now you have to understand too he didn't want to shoot. It was only when he realizef that Trayvon found his gun on his body that George shot.

That had to be the worlds worst moment.

You being a lover of law and crime doesn't sound bad to me at all. I'm true crime big time too. I came here from the WAT forum....:eusa_hand:

That's funny though about the ins policy. I won't tell anyone :eusa_silenced:

I will relisten to GZ 911 call again and compare all the times and locations with the 911 calls from the residents.

As far as your opinion about him not wanting to shoot....the world's worst moment? Maybe...maybe not.

You don't know him personally do you? No offense....I'm just wondering, due to the way you are speaking of him.

Well one thing I always try to do is to live the other. When I write I try to become another.

I am by no means a song smith compared to my husbands. They rock and rock forever. I am just a writer.

Didn't GZ's asshole brother start some shit back up......in the racist department? 2 times, I think. Posting ONLINE pics of TM and slamming him.
To me....that shows how these idgiots just can't keep this in check. Not even RIGHT BEFORE the trial was about to blast off with jury selection.
I do need to say.....hope GZ hasn't contracted heart disease while he's eating high off his fellow racists/donator's hog! This has to be alot better than the food stamps he was getting before.
Anyway....while I'm spilling all this anger......
HE WAS TOLD TO STOP FOLLOWING! DON'T FOLLOW! To quote:,
"Sir, we don't need you to do that".

What part of "obeyed" don't you get girl?

He stopped following when the 911 operator told him to.

I'm sorry TD, that is not supported by the evidence. Zimmerman parked his truck on Twin Trees Land, when Martin ran away you can hear Zimmerman exit the truck and the door close, it was 11-13 seconds later that he acknowledged the dispatcher instruction about following.

At that point he did not stop, he did not return to his truck - he continued going in the same direction between the building where he say Martin running.

Now, Zimmerman says he stopped following at that point and was looking for a street sign instead. Problem is they don't mount street signs behind houses. Street signs are mounted at intersections, there were street signs to the west and south - but none to the east. Zimmerman traveled east. Oh wait, let's change it. He said street signs but he meant house numbers -ya that's it. Problem is he left a lighted street in front of houses where the house numbers are mounted next to the garage door and lit by carriage lights to go to a darkened area behind houses to find house numbers.

So did he really stop "following" like he said or did he try to come up with an excuse after he just shot someone to try to explain continuing in the same direction.

.>>>>

This is the mother of the baby who got blown away in the stroller. Zimmerman's brother was trying to point out the difference in rage.

Looky looky everyone freaking out about Trayvon but no one freakining out that two black kids blew the face off a white baby in a stroller.

What's wrong with this picture? She's white. Oh you don't count. You are white and your baby is white.
I
article-2298453-18E6DBA8000005DC-722_634x519.jpg
. I get it. A black kid I s is killed by Zimmerman but a white kid was killed by blacks. I see And he is upset. I see the similarities in the situation really. both kids were killed.

Where's your outrage? Baby was in a stroller and got its face blown off. Oh it's white. We don't need to care.

Show me how you cared. Show me your threads. Show me your posts. You know the caring about a white kids baby face blown off in front of his mother.

Show me how you have cared.

Show me your threads you started . Show me you care. In fact, show me my threads on martin I started.

Didn't GZ's asshole brother start some shit back up......in the racist department? 2 times, I think. Posting ONLINE pics of TM and slamming him.
To me....that shows how these idgiots just can't keep this in check. Not even RIGHT BEFORE the trial was about to blast off with jury selection.
I do need to say.....hope GZ hasn't contracted heart disease while he's eating high off his fellow racists/donator's hog! This has to be alot better than the food stamps he was getting before.

I'm sorry TD, that is not supported by the evidence. Zimmerman parked his truck on Twin Trees Land, when Martin ran away you can hear Zimmerman exit the truck and the door close, it was 11-13 seconds later that he acknowledged the dispatcher instruction about following.

At that point he did not stop, he did not return to his truck - he continued going in the same direction between the building where he say Martin running.

Now, Zimmerman says he stopped following at that point and was looking for a street sign instead. Problem is they don't mount street signs behind houses. Street signs are mounted at intersections, there were street signs to the west and south - but none to the east. Zimmerman traveled east. Oh wait, let's change it. He said street signs but he meant house numbers -ya that's it. Problem is he left a lighted street in front of houses where the house numbers are mounted next to the garage door and lit by carriage lights to go to a darkened area behind houses to find house numbers.

So did he really stop "following" like he said or did he try to come up with an excuse after he just shot someone to try to explain continuing in the same direction.

.>>>>
Uh. Bazinga.

ruh roh....

One was in a stroller. You can't see the difference?

Who got the press though.?

Great point...thats why most of the racial incitement is fake and hypocritical. Do you think this lady will be suspicious of being approached alone by two black teens again?...Most likely she will...if she does she will be called racist, stereotyping and profiling.

People have different reasons for being suspicious...if they are they usually have a reason to be based on their own life experiences.

However, I am not for following suspicions with a loaded gun...theres a line that needs to be drawn.

To me the night of Trayvon and George is the ultimate FUBAR;d moment ever. And we have a dead child and a man and his family because of assholes like Sharpton a dead man.

What I don't get, and I think Trayvon's parents are really awesome by the way, why didn't they get a decent report on the how and why their child died.

If I remember correctly the idiot pd didn't even notify his dad so of course they are going to be beside themselves.

So if what I am reading the poor parents were left out of the loop and of course they started to lose it.

We can't blame them for that. Then of course as soon as Sharpton and Jackson get their names in print all hell breaks loose.

Sharpton and his ilk cause divide...The trial should be decided on its merits...let the chips fall where they may. Too many times Sharpton and others dont like the way the chips may fall so they cause a divide and try to win it that way.

Its disturbing because as soon as you look to divide, people get defensive and instead of fighting against the merits they dont like being called racist, so they look for ways that the other side is correct. I fall into this too sometimes...as soon as the race card is pulled, I tend to look for reasons why they are wrong on the merits somehow...its hard to argue on the side of the one pulling the race card.

In this case, Im trying to wipe race away and look at both sides. Im honestly down the middle and I could debate the merits of either side. I am curious to see how the evidence is presented from both sides in the trial. Hopefully, race is removed from the equation and they stay with the facts. I believe that the Martin side has plenty to argue...they can win this with strong arguments and properly presented evidence...they dont need the ace in the hole race card to win. I also think that the prosecution may want to add manslaughter as a possibility...M2 appears to be an overcharge.

Last edited:

Sharpton and his ilk cause divide...The trial should be decided on its merits...let the chips fall where they may. Too many times Sharpton and others dont like the way the chips may fall so they cause a divide and try to win it that way.

Its disturbing because as soon as you look to divide people get defensive and instead of fighting against the merits they dont like being called racist, so they look for ways that the other side is correct. I fall into this to...as soon as the race card is pulled, I tend to look for reasons why they are wrong on the merits.

In this case, Im trying to wipe race away and look at both sides. Im honestly down the middle and I could debate the merits of either side. I am curious to see how the evidence is presented from both sides. Hopefully, race is removed from the equation and they stay with the facts. I believe that the Martin side has plenty to argue for or against the defense...they can win this with strong arguments and properly presented evidence...they dont need the ace in the hole race card to win.

pretty soon i will quit discussing the case

except for what comes out

in court each day

and let it unfold

.>>>>

I agree with your post, but a couple of points to point out.

1) Zimmerman was already out of his truck and running (or walking briskly) after Trayvon. Im not sure what you were implying in your post....not sure at what point you are saying Trayvon was asked to stop following...in the truck or outside of it?

2) When told by the dispatcher "we dont need you to do that", he did slow down to a walk a few seconds later...he stopped breathing hard and the tone in his voice changed. i think he thought that because trayvon was running that he was going to lose his location before the cops got there.

3) Its not like GZ was right on his butt...Trayvon was way ahead and disappearing behind the building...I think GZ was just trying to keep the general location of where Trayvon was or was heading...but again its not like GZ was just a few steps behind...trayvon was a distance ahead.

4) I think what GZ could have meant by "stopped following" was that he wasnt running after him anymore and that trayvon was a distance ahead he was just trying to get the apartment number and location so that when the cops came he could say where he last saw trayvon...thats the vibe I get from it...he was not right on top of him anymore as he was when trayvon went by the truck...trayvon ran away.

Again, I dont see how much of this matters. We know he (GZ) was following Trayvon...we know that Trayvon had a right to ask why he was being followed...no laws being broke at this point by either side. Its what happened when the two confronted each other that is disputable not the events that led up to it, imo.

My problem with Zimmerman is that he said "These A-holes always get away"...I have a problem with that statement. GZ did not witness Trayvon committing a crime, so what was Trayvon getting away from or getting away with?...there was no crime. Its not like he witnessed him breaking into a house and now he was running away so he said that...GZ was following or pursuing Tray like he had committed a crime and he had not. On top of that GZ is packing a pistol while pursuing...at what point did GZ put the pistol on and why?...you holster a pistol because you think you might need to use it....I have a big problem with that...he is asking for trouble doing that, IMO.

I think GZ reached for his pistol when trayvon asked him if he had a problem or something to that effect. I think GZ felt threatened and his first response was to reach for it...thats why you dont carry a pistol when you are following a teen who had not even been witnessed committing a crime. Someone inexperienced may reach for it more quickly than necessary. I think he reached for his pistol and then got punched as a result...GZ said he was reaching for his phone but he forgot what pocket it was in...why are you reaching for your phone, George? Doesnt make sense...the cops are on their way and will be there in minutes....just man up and tell him why you are following him and try to defuse the situation...dont go into a panic and start reaching for things.

I think GZ played that off when in interrogation and said that he was going for his phone, because he knew that if he said he was going for his gun, that this would be threatening to Trayvon and in that case Trayvon would be considered defending himself. GZ told him he was reaching for the phone and the cops saw the cuts on his head and let him go based on self defense...I think they were incorrect in doing that.

Last edited:

Its disturbing because as soon as you look to divide people get defensive and instead of fighting against the merits they dont like being called racist, so they look for ways that the other side is correct. I fall into this to...as soon as the race card is pulled, I tend to look for reasons why they are wrong on the merits.

In this case, Im trying to wipe race away and look at both sides. Im honestly down the middle and I could debate the merits of either side. I am curious to see how the evidence is presented from both sides. Hopefully, race is removed from the equation and they stay with the facts. I believe that the Martin side has plenty to argue for or against the defense...they can win this with strong arguments and properly presented evidence...they dont need the ace in the hole race card to win.

in court each day

and let it unfold

You are a very level headed individual...you would make a fantastic juror.

in court each day

and let it unfold

You are a very level headed individual...you would make a fantastic juror.

thanks

Just as an informational piece:

7.4 MURDER—SECOND DEGREE
§ 782.04(2), Fla.Stat.

To prove the crime of Second Degree Murder, the State must prove the following three elements beyond a reasonable doubt:

1. (Victim) is dead.

2. The death was caused by the criminal act of (defendant).

3. There was an unlawful killing of (victim) by an act imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind without regard for human life.

Definitions.
An “act” includes a series of related actions arising from and performed pursuant to a single design or purpose.

An act is “imminently dangerous to another and demonstrating a depraved mind” if it is an act or series of acts that:

1. a person of ordinary judgment would know is reasonably certain to kill or do serious bodily injury to another, and

2. is done from ill will, hatred, spite, or an evil intent, and

3. is of such a nature that the act itself indicates an indifference to human life.

*In order to convict of Second Degree Murder, it is not necessary for the State to prove the defendant had an intent to cause death.

Case law defines a "depraved mind" as "malice"….

Malice in Law Law & Legal Definition

Malice in law refers to intent unlawfully to take away the life of a fellow-creature in a case where the law would neither justify nor to any degree excuse the intention, if the killing should take place as intended. [Mann v. State, 124 Ga. 760, 765 (Ga. 1906)]. It is an act growing out of the wicked or mischievous intention of the mind; an act showing a wanton inclination to mischief, an intention to injure or wrong, and a depraved inclination to disregard the rights of others.

Some interesting discussion on depraved mind and malice:
http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/decisions/probin/sc07-2324_Appendix BpartII.pdf

Hole E. Crap you're over here.

Good morning everyone!

Tess, how's the foot?

How will the State prove GZ "demonstrat(ed) a depraved mind without regard for human life"? If this is all about Zimmerman's state of mind, without regard to TM's since we'll never know, then according to this definition it will be difficult to prove M2. It will be equally difficult to prove self-defense if the jury believes TM was in fear and lashed out when GZ reached for his "phone" or whatever, as @25caliber mentioned earlier.

Good morning everyone!

Tess, how's the foot?

How will the State prove GZ "demonstrat(ed) a depraved mind without regard for human life"? If this is all about Zimmerman's state of mind, without regard to TM's since we'll never know, then according to this definition it will be difficult to prove M2. It will be equally difficult to prove self-defense if the jury believes TM was in fear and lashed out when GZ reached for his "phone" or whatever, as @25caliber mentioned earlier.

Hey Santy. I'm on the way to urgent care (gag).

They can't prove it. The Feds did an investigation into race and hate crime and it wasn't. He's overcharged because of politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back