The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SMH

So let me ask this....

If a women were reporting a rape, and it went to trial, sooooo... you would comfortable with 80% of the jury being men?

Just asking.

Thanks.

Of course. Most men aren't rapists.

At least if the whole jury is women, we can rest assured the logical, reasonable and right decision will be made.

$angel.jpg

Let's say that the alledged rapist "gets off" (no pun intended), do you believe that people wouldn't even consider a bias on behalf of the males?

Look at how some republican CONGRESSMEN viewed rape in this last round of elections! They actually believed certain things about rape that were archaic, barbaric, and based on myth!

Now imagine these "men" were on a jury for rape!

There IS a remedy for this.

Make the jury equal in numbers.

The same amount of blacks, as whites and Hispanics.

This AT LEAST avoids the appearance and presumptions of bias WHICHEVER way it is decided!

Doesn't that make sense for this incendiary case?

Thanks.

Let's say that the alledged rapist "gets off" (no pun intended), do you believe that people wouldn't even consider a bias on behalf of the males?

Look at how some republican CONGRESSMEN viewed rape in this last round of elections! They actually believed certain things about rape that were archaic, barbaric, and based on myth!

This AT LEAST avoids the appearance and presumptions of bias WHICHEVER way it is decided!

Thanks.

a) No that's just stupid to think that my dad, my husband or my brother would let off a rapist because they're men. Contrary, they would be WORSE. You wouldn't want them on your jury.

b) That's not the way it works, and that's not a remedy. They can't send out juror notices by race/sex THAT is discrimination. It's about demographics.

And one of the black guys that's a potential I'm HOPING will get on and be foreman. He's one of the smartest, most thoughtful and logical guys they questioned. One of the Hispanics was dismissed for cause because he thinks Z is guilty. This will not be decided down race lines and it's racist to think that it will. It's about brains. Period.

You're making my points for me all by yourself.

Thanks.

You see it as INCENDIARY because you're looking at it with a racist viewpoint. You have already made up your mind that because M was black, Z (hispanic) must be found guilty. The trial hasn't even started yet and you have already found him guilty in your mind! Your previous statements also suggest that you haven't taken time to read the information from the state in regards to the trial that I posted for you many pages back. If Z were black, would you still claim the race card on this? Would you still believe M was profiled? If Z had been black, M's attorneys would have never called Sharpton and Jackson, Obama (along with all the others) would have never said a word about it! They wouldn't have cared! Have you seen any of them holding a rally or press conference concerning blacks killing blacks?

@Aye, what happened was...

I HEARD THE 911 TAPE! If TM was Chinese, it wouldn't change the fact that he was kid minding his own business, doing nothing wrong, until an adult with a gun disregarded professional law enforcement advice and followed him in the darkness and killed him!

The fact that he wasn't even handcuffed, charged, or arrested UNTIL Jackson and Sharpton showed up... doesn't speak ill of JJ and Al, BUT SPEAKS ILL OF THE ENTIRE POLICE DEPARTMENT!

@Aye, what happened was...

I HEARD THE 911 TAPE! If TM was Chinese, it wouldn't change the fact that he was kid minding his own business, doing nothing wrong, until an adult with a gun disregarded professional law enforcement advice and followed him in the darkness and killed him!

The fact that he wasn't even handcuffed, charged, or arrested UNTIL Jackson and Sharpton showed up... doesn't speak ill of JJ and Al, BUT SPEAKS ILL OF THE ENTIRE POLICE DEPARTMENT!

So you listened to the 911 recording and made your mind up from that alone? Why didn't you read the witness statements? Why didn't you take the time to read the documents many of us have been posting the links for? It's easy to make your mind up when the media is telling you what to believe, isn't it? There's more to this than what you say above.

Solomon, that makes sense. In all practicality, ACSY, you make sense as well, but what is going to come in as evidence? Are the witnesses found to be honest and not biased? We all should be waiting for the trial and weighing the evidence as it comes in. I know I don't know much about the case except for the skeleton facts.

Last edited:
I heard the witnesses on 911 tapes, I heard their interviews, etc.

Listen, the things that you normally try to rely upon in certain cases are usually what you lean to IN THE ABSENCE of a tape where we have Zimmerman ignoring orders, admittedly following a minor in the dark who was innocent of any wrongdoing, and hearing blood-curdling screams of "HELP!!" right before a gunshot!

In the presence of such a tape, I'm inclined to use my own common sense, instead of secon hand testimony, statements from an obviously incompetent and bias police force, and any other documents that may be fabricated as GZ's father was a member of the judiciary and his son having ties to law enforcement himself.

I heard the witnesses on 911 tapes, I heard their interviews, etc.

Listen, the things that you normally try to rely upon in certain cases are usually what you lean to IN THE ABSENCE of a tape where we have Zimmerman ignoring orders, admittedly following a minor in the dark who was innocent of any wrongdoing, and hearing blood-curdling screams of "HELP!!" right before a gunshot!

In the presence of such a tape, I'm inclined to use my own common sense, instead of secon hand testimony, statements from an obviously incompetent and bias police force, and any other documents that may be fabricated as GZ's father was a member of the judiciary and his son having ties to law enforcement himself.

No that's just stupid to think that my dad, my husband or my brother would let off a rapist because they're men. Contrary, they would be WORSE. You wouldn't want them on your jury.

Thanks.

That's not the way it works, and that's not a remedy. They can't send out juror notices by race/sex THAT is discrimination. It's about demographics.

And one of the black guys that's a potential I'm HOPING will get on and be foreman. He's one of the smartest, most thoughtful and logical guys they questioned. One of the Hispanics was dismissed for cause because he thinks Z is guilty. This will not be decided down race lines and it's racist to think that it will. It's about brains. Period.

You're making my points for me all by yourself.

>>>>Edited in honor of WW aka Grand Master Quote Flash

Last edited:
I didn't say YOUR men would be light on a rapist, but I was talking about those CONGRESSMEN.

The point is, how many FEMALE CONGRESSWOMEN do you think hold those ridiculous ideas of rape?

None.

Exactly.

"Can You Hear Me Now?"

"Can You Hear Me Now?"

Great

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back