The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flat Earth Todd, even a couple of degrees will be devastating.

And spendng money is a good thing. It puts people to work. Letting the rich hoard it is the problem.

Flat Earth Todd, even a couple of degrees will be devastating.

What about a couple of degrees cooler?

And spendng money is a good thing. It puts people to work.

How many were put to work by the money spent on Solyndra?
How many will be thrown out of work by higher taxes? By more idiotic regulations?

How much do you feel we need to spend to stop this awful AGW you fear?
Spell it out.

We had our greatest prosperity when the top marginal tax rate was 93%. Under that commie Eisenhower.

Not doing anything about Global Warming will cost us more. We for instance spend ten times as much on air-conditioning than we did 20 years ago.

We had our greatest prosperity when the top marginal tax rate was 93%. Under that commie Eisenhower.

Sadly, the prosperity had more to do with Europe and Asia still recovering from WWII and less to do with the top tax rate. Try doubling the top rate now and see what happens.

How many were put to work by the money spent on Solyndra?
How many will be thrown out of work by higher taxes? By more idiotic regulations?

How much do you feel we need to spend to stop this awful AGW you fear?
Spell it out.

An African American is far more likely to be harmed by someone of their own race, than by a violent Racist. In fact, Whites harming Blacks is a very rare thing these days. Hordes of rabid evil KKK White Folk running around, is a myth promoted by the usual suspects. This Race-Baiting stuff really is very sad.

Last edited:
An African American is far more likely to be harmed by someone of their own race, than by a violent Racist. In fact, Whites harming Blacks is a very rare thing these days. Hordes of rabid evil KKK White Folk running around, is a myth promoted by the usual suspects. This Race-Baiting stuff really is very sad.
It's actually an eye opener to many young folks who didn't think this stuff could be like this in the world in which they are creating.

Well, SURPRISE, surprise, surprise, as spoken in the words of PFC Gomer Pile.

It's actually an eye opener to many young folks who didn't think this stuff could be like this in the world in which they are creating.

It really is very sad. If anything, the facts show African Americans should actually fear their own race the most. Whites harming Blacks has become very rare in this country. That's the reality.

Can anyone explain why there is a secrecy about the identity of jurors?

I was under the impression that serving jury duty is a civil obligation and having served jury duty is something to be proud of.

Yet, time after time, I see jurors hiding behind anonymity. Are they ashamed? Are they afraid? Is their identity protected/hidden under some law? If so, why?

This is kind of like the coffee shop or the tavern without the coffee or liquor.

Since it's my thread, can we refer to it as the Cheese Shop. :eusa_pray:

Well, Andrea Sneiderman is just a manipulative bitch. I want to watch it because she was so expressive and combative when she was on the stand in her lover's trial. Unfortch we will probably not be treated to another performance since this will be her trial and she probably won't take the stand.

Also, I happened to be watching the livestream when her BFF testified, basically against her by saying the friend believed Andrea was having an affair with Neuman, something Andrea has always denied despite overwhelming evidence. During the BFF's testimony, Andrea was watching in the gallery and when she got off the stand and walked down to leave the courtroom Andrea stood up and gave her a full mouth too long Mafia kiss, right there in the aisle of the courtroom. I nearly fell off my seat! After that Andrea was banned from the proceedings.

There's a still shot of it here, at the 2:00 mark. Let me just tell you I have never seen anything like it in all my many, many years of trial watching.

Not sure how the prosecution is going to get her on all the charges, especially the murder charge. Ample proof she destroyed texts and emails and lied under oath, those will stick. But not sure what they think they can prove but I want to find out.

Creepyville.

my stomping grounds. I got tired of this case pretty quickly.

After they finished the boss/lover's trial--insanity. This is anticlimactic.

I was under the impression that serving jury duty is a civil obligation and having served jury duty is something to be proud of.

Yet, time after time, I see jurors hiding behind anonymity. Are they ashamed? Are they afraid? Is their identity protected/hidden under some law? If so, why?

Maybe its because they put murdering thugs behind bars, and the associates of said murdering thug may be a bit peeved by it.

NRA slams Holder over 'stand your ground'...
:cool:
In response to Holder, NRA says 'stand your ground' laws are a 'fundamental human right'
17 July`13 > The National Rifle Association has responded to Attorney General Eric Holder's "stand your ground" law criticism, calling the self-defense laws "a fundamental human right."
Holder devoted part of his speech at the NAACP's national convention on Tuesday to urging attendees to reconsider the laws, which remove the "duty to retreat" before using deadly force for people who are attacked in public places. Neighborhood watchman George Zimmerman initially wasn't arrested after he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in February 2012 because of the state's "stand your ground" statute. Zimmerman was ultimately acquitted of any crime in the shooting on Saturday, with one juror citing "stand your ground" as part of her decision to find him not guilty. Holder said "stand your ground" laws "senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods." He added, "There has always been a legal defense for using deadly force if—and the 'if' is important—no safe retreat is available." He urged America to "take a hard look" at the laws.

The NRA blasted the comments in a statement on Wednesday. "The attorney general fails to understand that self-defense is not a concept, it's a fundamental human right," said Chris Cox, the NRA's legislative director. "To send a message that legitimate self-defense is to blame is unconscionable, and demonstrates once again that this administration will exploit tragedies to push their political agenda." The NRA backs the "stand your ground" laws, which have been adopted by at least 22 states in just the past 10 years, according to the National Conference of State Legislatures.

After the Martin shooting and subsequent uproar, a coalition of civil rights groups and New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the nation's highest-profile gun-control advocate, started a campaign, called "Second Chance on Shoot First," to encourage the repeal of these laws. Soon after, Florida Gov. Rick Scott, a Republican, appointed a task force to study the law. Meanwhile, lawmakers in at least four states with "stand your ground" laws introduced legislation to alter or repeal their laws.

But not much has happened since then on the state level. The Florida task force recommended no significant changes to the law, and no state repeal efforts passed. A Tampa Bay Times analysis of 200 "stand your ground" cases in Florida—the law was adopted there in 2005—found that the law has been inconsistently applied, with one man escaping homicide prosecution even though he left an altercation to get his gun from his car, returned and then shot the attacker.

In response to Holder, NRA says 'stand your ground' laws are a 'fundamental human right'

See also:

Holder wades deeper into Zimmerman battle, calls for review of ‘stand-your-ground’
July 16, 2013 > Attorney General Eric Holder waded deeper into the controversy over the George Zimmerman case and verdict on Tuesday, suggesting a national review of "stand-your-ground" laws during a speech before the annual NAACP convention in Orlando.
The NAACP is at the forefront of the effort to pressure the Justice Department to bring federal civil rights charges against Zimmerman. Holder confirmed on Monday that his department is reviewing that possibility, citing his personal concerns about the case. He went a step further on Tuesday, weighing in for the first time on controversial state-level laws on self-defense. "Separate and apart from the case that has drawn the nation's attention, it's time to question laws that senselessly expand the concept of self-defense and sow dangerous conflict in our neighborhoods," Holder said. The comments were a reference to so-called "stand-your-ground" laws, which in Florida and other states allow people to use deadly force if they think their life is being threatened.
The role that law played in the Zimmerman shooting of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin is a matter of dispute.

But Holder suggested the laws encourage confrontation, saying there "has always been" a legal defense for using deadly force when retreat is not an option. "But we must examine laws that take this further by eliminating the common sense and age-old requirement that people who feel threatened have a duty to retreat, outside their home, if they can do so safely," Holder said. "By allowing -- and perhaps encouraging -- violent situations to escalate in public, such laws undermine public safety." He called for a "hard look" at the laws. The crowd applauded as he said "we must stand our ground."

The "stand-your-ground" laws have been a popular target ever since the Martin shooting, and the pressure has intensified after Zimmerman was acquitted on Saturday. The NRA spoke out against Holder's speech in a statement released Tuesday night. "To send a message that legitimate self-defense is to blame is unconscionable, and demonstrates once again that this administration will exploit tragedies to push their political agenda," Chris W. Cox, executive director NRA's Institute for Legislative Action, said. Florida Gov. Rick Scott, though, told Fox News that officials should not politicize the case. "We shouldn't turn this into politics. This was a tragedy," he told Fox News on Monday.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...s-for-review-stand-your-ground/#ixzz2ZOuw88Hk

Last edited:
By deliberately increasing the danger to the Zimmermans, Holder is increasing the chance that one or more of them would have to act with deadly force.

It really is very sad. If anything, the facts show African Americans should actually fear their own race the most. Whites harming Blacks has become very rare in this country. That's the reality.
I believe there is truth to this, because the whites who were racist have been put in check, and not only by the federal government in everyway possible, but also by their own white family members who saw racism as a horrid and terrible thing as found in their minds once learned about it. However blacks seem to be free to abuse blacks with impunity almost, because it didn't fit the narrative once found with the government concerning the abuses they suffered, where as a supposed superior race is found abusing a less superior race according to the proof in which created the mindset of the federal government, therefore creating the protections figuring it only as a black on white thing, and not a black on black thing that was and still is going on also, nor was it found in the protections therefore created afterwards for this specific race as pertaining to their skin color in which the government had set up for them against the whites abusing them. The thing that I don't understand is this though (WHY?) does the black community not petition the government to protect them from all forms of abuse, even from that which comes from their own race as waged against them from within the race wildly or did the government only go as far as to protect them from the white racist only, and that was as far as the federal protections would go for them, and so there would be no more, otherwise after that they are on their own.

Self-Defense Laws

Duty To Retreat

Under NRS 200.120 there is no duty for a person to retreat before using deadly force in self-defense if the all of the following conditions are met:

The person has a right to be present at the location
The person is not the original aggressor
The person is not engaged in conduct in furtherance of a criminal activity.
Nevada Self-Defense Laws

Guilty of all charges.

If Zimmerman had been living in Nevada he would have been convicted of something. Because he was the ORIGINAL AGRESSOR and he had NO RIGHT TO BE IN THE LOCATION of the confrontation, Trayvon was and Nevada’s Stand Your Ground law would have protected Trayvon. Zimmerman was a self appointed vigilante neighborhood Watchman illegally carrying a gun had no right to be present at the location where he murdered the teenager. Also he was told by 911 NOT to follow Trayvon.
Members of the jury DID consider stand your ground law when considering the case.
Zimmerman Jury Was Misled About The Meaning of Florida’s Self Defense Law

Even the juror who has been making the rounds to announce that she signed a book deal conceded that Zimmerman was wrong to get out of his vehicle. Moreover, Zimmerman’s lawyers knew it. That’s why they fought so hard to prevent a jury instruction on initial aggression. Had the jury been instructed on that part of the law, it’s more than a little possible that the verdict would have been less favorable to Zimmerman.
Zimmerman Jurors Was Misled About The Meaning of Florida's Self Defense Law

Last edited:

Maybe its because they put murdering thugs behind bars, and the associates of said murdering thug may be a bit peeved by it.

Thank you.

Obviously, in this particular case no "murderous thug" was put behind bars, but I get your point about revenge.

So, perhaps the jurors' desire to be anonymous - seeing the political power of those who are capable to harm them - is justified.

Seems like the only ones that MAY threaten the lives and livelihoods of the jurors in this particular case are those who are doing their best (worst??) to foment riots, those who can not be respectful of existing law and the justice system, those who will NEVER be happy as long as there is a single white (or "White Hispanic) person is alive.

The only ones who are peeved are the race-hustling poverty pimps, like Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, Jesse Jackson and the One who would love to have Trayvon Martin as his son.

Last edited:

There are millions of nuts, clinically fucked up people, with guns in America. That's why.

Thank you.

Obviously, in this particular case no "murderous thug" was put behind bars, but I get your point about revenge.

So, perhaps the jurors' desire to be anonymous - seeing the political power of those who are capable to harm them - is justified.

Seems like the only ones that MAY threaten the lives and livelihoods of the jurors in this particular case are those who are doing their best (worst??) to foment riots, those who can not be respectful of existing law and the justice system, those who will NEVER be happy as long as there is a single white (or "White Hispanic) person is alive.

The only ones who are peeved are the race-hustling poverty pimps, like Al Sharpton, Eric Holder, Jesse Jackson and the One who would love to have Trayvon Martin as his son.

What case? The Zimmerman trial? You didn't specify any specific trial in your opening post. Regardless of what trial it is for, does it really matter who is on the jury? What good would it do you or anyone else to know who is on it? Sure, the haters would like to know who they are so they can send hate messages, mail, stake out the person, harass them and their family members, etc. Some would go so far as to attack or kill one if the stalker is mentally ill. Now, what was your question?

Follow up: What do you think of Stephanie and CrusaderFrank?

Two morons desperate for attention, IMO.

As for B-37 I agree with Lakhota, she had an agenda going in, and that agenda had nothing to do with trying to determine the truth.

The people who don't like the outcomes of verdicts would appear at the homes of jurors, terrorize them and possibly murder them as a message to future juries not to make the "wrong" decision.

Follow up: What do you think of Stephanie and CrusaderFrank?

Two morons desperate for attention, IMO.

As for B-37 I agree with Lakhota, she had an agenda going in, and that agenda had nothing to do with trying to determine the truth.

no problem what you think of me, I think you are a arrogant ass who thinks your shit doesn't stink..so there...

There are millions of nuts, clinically fucked up people, with guns in America. That's why.

Based on the posts by you in various forums, you are obviously a liberal/Democrat.

So, your reference to "millions of nuts, clinically fucked up people, with guns in America" implies that those who threaten the jurors are those law-abiding citizens who believe and honor the Second Amendment.

Would they be those who live in the home town of the President and use those guns with great pleasure and abandon? Those whose spokesmen rally them to demonstrate, to dissent and heaven knows what else?

coworkers would have opinions on any verdict--incessant inquiries would follow.

not inconceivable that someone would contact the National Enquirer--all manner of potential complications could follow.

Juror XXX---any fact about an individual's life could become headline news.

and more

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9CUNUVhzFAQ]Trayvon Martin: Pot Smoking Gives Munchies and Makes Paranoid - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back