The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a news story about the scream tape it was reported that the screaming immediately stopped after the shot was heard.

IImo, that means that Martin ws the one screaming when he saw Zimmerman's gun before Zimmerman killed him.

the rule is used more in federal cases

the state does not want to allow it

except for instances where they do

however it would aid zimmerman at the crime scene

Shit, this case is so fucked up for a fair trial.

I don't know how she is going to rule, anyone's guess, totally unpredictable.

You can't pick and choose your hearsay.

If she throws that, there leaves a gigantic hole. The witness statements are totally believable and mostly in sync and give the other puzzle pieces to the injuries to paint the full picture.

If she rules no, it's going to appellate and she's lost once.

Maybe that's why she's thinking on it so hard.

IDK. The actual process is far more interesting to me on this one than the outcome. It's all a game of chess.

It's not really that fickle. Generally hearsay is not allowed, but most states have procedural rules about what kind of hearsay is allowed in. Here are the hearsay exceptions in Tennessee where I went to law school:

Rule 803: Hearsay Exceptions. | Tennessee Administrative Office of the Courts

Here are Florida's hearsay exceptions:

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

thanks for the link to Florida hearsay rules

In a news story about the scream tape it was reported that the screaming immediately stopped after the shot was heard.

IImo, that means that Martin ws the one screaming when he saw Zimmerman's gun before Zimmerman killed him.

or it could be zimmerman stopped screaming when the threat ended

It's sort of like hitting your brakes [when you are alive]. It takes a few seconds to stop. When you are killed instantly, you stop instantly.

It's sort of like hitting your brakes [when you are alive]. It takes a few seconds to stop. When you are killed instantly, you stop instantly.

if you review the tape

the screaming stops before the shot

if you review the tape

the screaming stops before the shot

I did and it happens after the shot.

Lol.

Did not! Did too! Did not! Did too!

Do you two need a time out?

It stops before. I don't know who Jeremy is, but he saw it. Where's Jeremy? Someone get him.

Jeremy can not be trusted.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA[/ame]

I'm betting Jeremy is that second eyewitness. He was doing what every man I know would be doing - watching. He wasn't hiding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back