The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he can't remember what the video with appellate was yesterday, he missed the near judge implosion, they did the deposition on Crump yesterday and that's it. He has 5 other courthouses and he's on overload, so he's pretty much worthless. lol

With the judge not ruling on this Frye hearing and pushing opening statements for Monday, she's putting the defense in a jam. If she doesn't start rolling on this stuff, there are going to be some grounds for mistrial.

yes i did hear that crump was to be deposed this weekend

the importance of the judge not ruling on the frye hearing

is so the defense does not know how to start its opening

she has cone just about everything she can

to make it hard on the defense

the other ruling she has to make which she has not

is the self serving hear say motion

Well he can't remember what the video with appellate was yesterday, he missed the near judge implosion, they did the deposition on Crump yesterday and that's it. He has 5 other courthouses and he's on overload, so he's pretty much worthless. lol

With the judge not ruling on this Frye hearing and pushing opening statements for Monday, she's putting the defense in a jam. If she doesn't start rolling on this stuff, there are going to be some grounds for mistrial.

She ruled on the Frye hearing Friday morning during the house-cleaning motions session.

She was writing it up on Friday to put her reasoning in the record afternoon but the lawyers were informed of the outcome already.

>>>>

She ruled on the Frye hearing Friday morning during the house-cleaning motions session.

She was writing it up on Friday to put her reasoning in the record afternoon but the lawyers were informed of the outcome already.

>>>>

no they havent been informed of the outcome

there was quite a lengthy discussion about that

in court yesterday

she didnt tell them

and said she would not over the weekend

because she does not have a fax machine at home

>>>>

Did she tell them privately because local 11 news said no decision on prosecution experts that's what they're waiting on.

she did not tell them

at least she did not tell the defense

------------------

It looks like the court didn't issue its Frye ruling today on expert voice/speech testimony in the George Zimmerman trial. Opening arguments are Monday. How do you effectively prepare and deliver opening statements without knowing whether there will be expert testimony on the issue of who was crying out for help in the background of a 911 call?

The defense filed a motion this afternoon following up on this morning's hearing on statements George Zimmerman made at the scene that it says are res gestae and not covered by the court's order excluding self-serving hearsay. The motion is here.

TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime

>>>>

in court yesterday

she didnt tell them

Lol on the fax machine that's so typical.

How can they do opening if they can't include that in opening? It's already too late. Mistrial.

if you watch the video of court yesterday

the judge had become so defensive and outright attacking the defense in open court

that west actually cracked a smile

I don't know if you caught earlier post, but West usually does federal cases in front of fed judges and they don't give a crap no elections for them, a circuit judge isn't going to phase him.

How can they do opening if they can't include that in opening? It's already too late. Mistrial.

the judge had become so defensive and outright attacking the defense in open court

Didn't take long to find her button.

i will not be surprised

if she denies the self serving hear say

which will cut a witness at the scene

testimony in half

>>>>

in court yesterday

she didnt tell them

I watched it live, I could have sworn she gave an oral indication that the experts would be allowed and that she was taking the afternoon to write up her decision.

Hey, I'm human, I could be wrong. Probably was.

>>>>

in court yesterday

she didnt tell them

That's because West was being a complete ass. He was trying to discuss a motion orally without a written filing, Judge Nelson told him repeatedly she wanted it in writing and West keep pushing and pushing.

Judge Nelson slapped him down as she should have. When the Judge says and I paraphrase "I want it in writing and will not discuss it now" and you keep trying to discuss it now, then you deserve to be slapped around. Just submit it in writing and she will address it. (IIRC it had to do with a prosecution motion to exclude statements made to 3rd parties after the event.)

ETA: here is the motion they then filed later -->> http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0613/re_self-serving_statements.pdf

>>>>

Last edited:

>>>>

in court yesterday

she didnt tell them

I watched it live, I could have sworn she gave an oral indication that the experts would be allowed and that she was taking the afternoon to write up her decision.

Hey, I'm human, I could be wrong. Probably was.

>>>>

it happens

she would not even give a hint

That's because West was being a complete ass. He was trying to discuss a motion orally without a written filing, Judge Nelson told him repeatedly she wanted it in writing and West keep pushing and pushing.

Judge Nelson slapped him down as she should have. When the Judge says and I paraphrase "I want it in writing and will not discuss it now" and you keep trying to discuss it now, then you deserve to be slapped around. Just submit it in writing and she will address it. (IIRC it had to do with a prosecution motion to exclude statements made to 3rd parties after the event.)

ETA: here is the motion they then filed later -->> http://www.gzdocs.com/documents/0613/re_self-serving_statements.pdf

>>>>

thanks i have already seen the document

She ruled no. Shoot! No mistrial on this one.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evVijOKKvLg]Decision reached on George Zimmerman case voice expert testimony - YouTube[/ame]

OT: I got my first neg!!!!! WOOT!!!!

I think I'm a Real Member now.

It doesn't say anything though. If you're going to neg me, do a good one or at least give me a frowny face.

Last edited:
George Zimmerman's six-person jury is finally in place, and two things stand out: All six are women, and none of them are black. Five of the jurors are white, and one is Hispanic, reports the Orlando Sentinel . It says all but one are middle-aged or older.

Reports from everywhere on the blogosphere so I won't post a link here. I can already see the screaming and ranting along with demonstrations as this being racist. And, the state, ever-PC, did it's best to toss these women off the jury – replacing them with all blacks. Isn't that racist too? :evil:

I cannot say it's not fair, but I would like to have had men and at least one black represented on the jury. As for age, I believe wisdom comes with age, so I have no problem with middle age and older.

It all comes down to how we select juries. I don't see this as a panel of his "peers".

If I had my way, I'd set up panel selection as follows:

All those selected to show up reach into an opaque jar and pick up a numbered ball.
The first twenty report to the courtroom where they fill out questionnaires.
Each side gets to summarily remove five each.
Of the remaining ten, they also take numbers, the top six to be the panel with the other four as alternates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back