The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone like Truth Matters brings up an altercation that Zimmerman got into with an off duty police officer where the charge of assaulting a police officer was dismissed because Zimmerman didn't know he was dealing with a policeman...something that happened YEARS before the night Martin was killed as "proof" that Zimmerman is somehow a violent man...while texts by Trayvon from the very same DAY as the killing are deemed to be out of bounds because they may not have affected Martin HOURS later? Pardon me but you can't have it both ways...

Zimmerman's assaulting the police office was not dismissed because Zimmerman didn't know the officer in the process of making arrests wasn't a police officer. The charges were eventually dropped because, up to that point Zimmerman had no arrest record for violence so he was routed into a Pre-Trial Diversion Program for first offenders requiring completion of anger management counseling. The statement by the police officer clearly showed that he'd identified himself and shown Zimmerman his badge, so ya Zimmerman did know that the person was law enforcement.

>>>>

It was an undercover agent with the State ATF and Zimmerman didn't know he was law enforcement until after the confrontation began. THAT is why the charges were dropped from assaulting an officer to "resisting officer without violence". Zimmerman was trying to get into the Sheriff's Department at the time. You really think that he would have assaulted someone he KNEW was law enforcement? THAT is the story that was put out about him but as usual the news media got it wrong in their zeal to make him out to be the "dangerous racist".

Someone like Truth Matters brings up an altercation that Zimmerman got into with an off duty police officer where the charge of assaulting a police officer was dismissed because Zimmerman didn't know he was dealing with a policeman...something that happened YEARS before the night Martin was killed as "proof" that Zimmerman is somehow a violent man...while texts by Trayvon from the very same DAY as the killing are deemed to be out of bounds because they may not have affected Martin HOURS later? Pardon me but you can't have it both ways...

Zimmerman's assaulting the police office was not dismissed because Zimmerman didn't know the officer in the process of making arrests wasn't a police officer. The charges were eventually dropped because, up to that point Zimmerman had no arrest record for violence so he was routed into a Pre-Trial Diversion Program for first offenders requiring completion of anger management counseling. The statement by the police officer clearly showed that he'd identified himself and shown Zimmerman his badge, so ya Zimmerman did know that the person was law enforcement.

>>>>

It was an undercover agent with the State ATF and Zimmerman didn't know he was law enforcement until after the confrontation began. THAT is why the charges were dropped from assaulting an officer to "resisting officer without violence". Zimmerman was trying to get into the Sheriff's Department at the time. You really think that he would have assaulted someone he KNEW was law enforcement? THAT is the story that was put out about him but as usual the news media got it wrong in their zeal to make him out to be the "dangerous racist".

It was an undercover agent with a State agency responsible for business and alcohol enforcement (I don't remember if it was called "ATF").

Zimmerman was arrested for assault AFTER the officer who was in the process of making another arrest identified himself as an officer and showed Zimmerman his badge. The charges were reduced because of acceptance into a pre-trial diversion program instead of processing him for a felony conviction. The charges were reduced and finally dismissed after mandatory counseling.

In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.

That July, Zimmerman was charged with resisting arrest, violence, and battery of an officer after shoving an undercover alcohol-control agent who was arresting an under-age friend of Zimmerman's at a bar. He avoided conviction by agreeing to participate in a pre-trial diversion program that included anger-management classes.

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News
George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting | Reuters

Fuck You.

Zimmerman's response to the police officer after he identified himself.

http://www.flcourts18.org/PDF/Press_Releases/exhibit_list_redacted.pdf

>>>>

Last edited:
When Zimmerman pushed the man who he thought was harassing his friend he didn't know that the man in question was an undercover officer until AFTER he shoved him. It's why the charge was downgraded. But that wasn't what was reported by the media because they went after Zimmerman's reputation hammer and tong! I ask you again, Watcher...do you think Zimmerman would have shoved someone he KNEW was an law enforcement official when he was attempting to join the Sheriff's Department? All I ask of people is to use a little common sense here.

When Zimmerman pushed the man who he thought was harassing his friend he didn't know that the man in question was an undercover officer until AFTER he shoved him. It's why the charge was downgraded. But that wasn't what was reported by the media because they went after Zimmerman's reputation hammer and tong! I ask you again, Watcher...do you think Zimmerman would have shoved someone he KNEW was an law enforcement official when he was attempting to join the Sheriff's Department? All I ask of people is to use a little common sense here.

The man who was questioning his friend for underage drinking?
Kind of shows he reacts firsts and thinks later, doesn't it?

Anger management class? Hmmm. Kind of puts a new spin on it all. But will that be allowed in court? Does the jury know? Hell, even I didn't know that part.

His father was also a judge.....
From my experiences Judge's kids get off easily. The month before I got a DUI after I didn't make a complete stop my friend got one after she hit a detectives car. My was dropped to a Neg 1 DUI and is still on my record, her's was dropped to non criminal and is off her record. It pays to have a Judge for a father.

Actually...it pays not to drink and drive. Just be thankful you aren't having your character smeared by "journalists" with a narrative to sell like George Zimmerman did, Luissa!

The whole time we were being fed negative things about Zimmerman the fact that Martin was suspended from school because he got caught with marijuana and a pipe in his backpack and a large quantity of stolen women's jewelry wasn't deemed to be important. Why? Because it didn't fit the narrative being pushed that Trayvon Martin was this sweet teenager who wouldn't hurt a fly who go accosted by a white racist while he was doing nothing.

What Zimmerman originally told the Police was that Martin was checking out houses like he was up to no good. Gee...and what was Martin suspended for...stealing? How DARE someone accuse poor Trayvon of being anything but a saint!

Actually...it pays not to drink and drive. Just be thankful you aren't having your character smeared by "journalists" with a narrative to sell like George Zimmerman did, Luissa!

They would have a lot more than that. But I don't plan on killing anyone anytime soon. Plus what are they going to say? I got caught driving while drunk and I cooperative with the police?

The whole time we were being fed negative things about Zimmerman the fact that Martin was suspended from school because he got caught with marijuana and a pipe in his backpack and a large quantity of stolen women's jewelry wasn't deemed to be important. Why? Because it didn't fit the narrative being pushed that Trayvon Martin was this sweet teenager who wouldn't hurt a fly who go accosted by a white racist while he was doing nothing.

What Zimmerman originally told the Police was that Martin was checking out houses like he was up to no good. Gee...and what was Martin suspended for...stealing? How DARE someone accuse poor Trayvon of being anything but a saint!

I don't care what the media said. I tend to not believe half of what they write anyways.
And either way, Zimmerman wasn't a cop, he shouldn't have followed Martin who had done nothing wrong at that point.

Of course you want to believe a man who lied about his finances along with having a history of violence.

They would have a lot more than that. But I don't plan on killing anyone anytime soon. Plus what are they going to say? I got caught driving while drunk and I cooperative with the police?

If the main stream media needed to assail your character to further the narrative that they had decided was "correct" they would indeed have a lot more than that. The old saying "There but for the grace of God, go I." comes to mind. I think George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin have been swept up in the gun control controversy that this country is currently embroiled in and neither is being treated fairly.

If the main stream media needed to assail your character to further the narrative that they had decided was "correct" they would indeed have a lot more than that. The old saying "There but for the grace of God, go I." comes to mind. I think George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin have been swept up in the gun control controversy that this country is currently embroiled in and neither is being treated fairly.

I am sure they would, but like I said I don't plan on killing anyone. I did walk down a street in Harlem which is known for crime with my hood on recently. So I guess there is that.

And if I had killed someone, I would expect anything they said about me and would probably deserve it... Since the death would have been caused by my actions.

What I got out of this case so far is A) Zimmerman is an asshole who should have listened to dispatch when they said to not follow Martin, and wanted to play "bad-ass-I-have-a-gun" along with the self righteous opinion of "I-am-a-part-of-neighborhood-watch-therefore-I-am-a-double-bad-ass" as entitlement to do what he did. Did he plan on the final results? I don't think so. Is he responsible? Yes.
B) Martin, in my opinion, was an asshole for not running to his home, not calling the cops, and going back to where Zimmerman "lost him" and confronting Zimmerman thinking he would be "a bad-ass-look-at-me", not knowing Zimmerman was armed. Did HE plan on the final results of his actions? Probably not. Is he responsible for his actions that night? Yes.

In short..both were idiots.
I believe the initial police report. It said Zimmerman was justified in everything he did and told the truth that was backed up by forensics evidence on the scene.

Of course you want to believe a man who lied about his finances along with having a history of violence.

And what exactly IS his "history of violence", Luissa? Shoving away the arm of someone? Is that the best you've got? Because compared to George Zimmerman most people I know have a LOT more violent episodes in their "history's". I played hockey and got in dozens of fights. I took martial arts and competed in dozens of tournaments where I kicked and punched scores of people! I've tossed so many people out of the night clubs I've managed over the years I've lost count. Trust me when I tell you that most of those involved more than just brushing someone's arm away. I shudder to think what the liberal press would do with my reputation if they needed to tear me down.

And if I had killed someone, I would expect anything they said about me and would probably deserve it... Since the death would have been caused by my actions.

You'd "deserve" to be lied about? Really? You'd deserve to have your reputation besmirched while the reputation of the person you killed was protected? God, but you're a saint!!!

And what exactly IS his "history of violence", Luissa? Shoving away the arm of someone? Is that the best you've got? Because compared to George Zimmerman most people I know have a LOT more violent episodes in their "history's". I played hockey and got in dozens of fights. I took martial arts and competed in dozens of tournaments where I kicked and punched scores of people! I've tossed so many people out of the night clubs I've managed over the years I've lost count. Trust me when I tell you that most of those involved more than just brushing someone's arm away. I shudder to think what the liberal press would do with my reputation if they needed to tear me down.

Why did his girlfriend file a restraining order? Yes he counter filed afterwards, but I am guessing that would be they had a violent relationship.
And where did you hear he only shoved his arm away? I have never read that. Have you seen the police report?

What I got out of this case so far is A) Zimmerman is an asshole who should have listened to dispatch when they said to not follow Martin, and wanted to play "bad-ass-I-have-a-gun" along with the self righteous opinion of "I-am-a-part-of-neighborhood-watch-therefore-I-am-a-double-bad-ass" as entitlement to do what he did. Did he plan on the final results? I don't think so. Is he responsible? Yes.
B) Martin, in my opinion, was an asshole for not running to his home, not calling the cops, and going back to where Zimmerman "lost him" and confronting Zimmerman thinking he would be "a bad-ass-look-at-me", not knowing Zimmerman was armed. Did HE plan on the final results of his actions? Probably not. Is he responsible for his actions that night? Yes.

In short..both were idiots.
I believe the initial police report. It said Zimmerman was justified in everything he did and told the truth that was backed up by forensics evidence on the scene.

The initial police report wanted to arrest Zimmerman on a manslaughter charge because the lead detective didn't believe Zimmerman.

The forensic evidence wasn't available until weeks later.

Even the physical evidence was not consistent with Zimmerman's story.

>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back