The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a lot of things on the phone that the defense wants added that I can't see as being relevant, pics of trayvon flipping off the camera, his wearing gold caps, not relevant IMO. I can see texts about fighting being relevant. Smoking weed and arguing with a gf, not really relevant unless the prosecution try's to paint a picture of trayvon that those thing refute.

They want to paint the victim in a poor light, it's like what they do in rape cases. In this case it doesn't matter, he wasn't found with a gun or drugs on him, and he wasn't committing a crime.
Personally, I wonder why so many think that Zimmerman can use self defense, but not Martin. Someone following you could be considered a threat, and make one fear for their safety. So yeah, I never understood why some dont see that part of the situation. Is it because he is black? A teenager? Or not a legal gun owner?

ALLEGEDLY he did attack Zimmerman and it was probably self defense in his eyes. He just should used a gun.

If Trayvon had used a gun, I could see where this whole discussion would do a 180.

You wouldn't see someone following you as a threat?

NO! - Show me a law that says I can't follow someone.

Luissa has put herself in Trayvon's shoes and thinks Trayvon thinks like her. Scarey.

There may be no law saying you can't follow someone, but if you are following someone and they ask you why, you should be able to give a response and have a reason. There is a law against stalking.

A woman being followed by a man, at night, would be scary. I imagine a teenager being followed by a man could be scary, too.

Is this trial still going?

What a joke.

I can't wait to enjoy all the wailing and gnashing of teeth after the inevitable acquittal. :lol:

Luissa has put herself in Trayvon's shoes and thinks Trayvon thinks like her. Scarey.

She is psychotic. I am surprised she is not in jail. If she ever strikes someone because she believes they are following her she will either be dead or jailed.

Talk is cheap. Anyone claiming that they wouldn't see someone following them as a threat is not being honest.

There may be no law saying you can't follow someone, but if you are following someone and they ask you why, you should be able to give a response and have a reason. There is a law against stalking.

A woman being followed by a man, at night, would be scary. I imagine a teenager being followed by a man could be scary, too.

holt shit--you can't legally beat the shit outta someone just cause you're afraid --wtf is wrong with you ?

holt shit--you can't legally beat the shit outta someone just cause you're afraid --wtf is wrong with you ?

But you can shoot them?

But you can shoot them?

yes--if they are bashing your head into the sidewalk---SHOOT.

You're going on the assumption that TM beat George Zimmerman, when you really don't know. Holy Shit is right, jumping to conclusions without evidence. WTF is wrong with you?

She is psychotic. I am surprised she is not in jail. If she ever strikes someone because she believes they are following her she will either be dead or jailed.

Talk is cheap. Anyone claiming that they wouldn't see someone following them as a threat is not being honest.

Even if you are threatened you can't continue to beat someone who is not hitting you & yelling for help. Doing so is completely irrational & justifies the use of lethal force from a gun.

Even if you are threatened you can't continue to beat someone who is not hitting you & yelling for help. Doing so is completely irrational & justifies the use of lethal force from a gun.

Actually in Florida you can.

You're going on the assumption that TM beat George Zimmerman, when you really don't know. Holy Shit is right, jumping to conclusions without evidence. WTF is wrong with you?

nothing--Zimmerman will present evidence that he was being beaten

Martin doesn't have the right to stand his ground when someone is following him, but Zimmerman has the right to shoot him after following him. Got it.

But you can shoot them?

yes--if they are bashing your head into the sidewalk---SHOOT.

Would you bash someone's head into the sidewalk if they approached you with a gun?
I imagine you would do whatever you could to save yourself, and that is probably what TM did, if at all. We really don't know if GZ injuries were self-inflicted after the fact since the police did such a shoddy job.

nothing--Zimmerman will present evidence that he was being beaten

We don't know who attacked who first though. ;)
But we do know who followed whom.

All the info in video & voice recording, police reports, coroners reports & medical records prove that Martin beat Zimmerman but Zimmerman never hit Martin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back