The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? If you are going to act all macho and follow someone around and they confront you and (supposing TM did beat him), you just pull your gun and shoot them, that is wimpy.
Why didn't he just fight him back with his fist, like a "real" man? Because he is a wimp.

interesting--now Zimmerman is a "wimp" because he didn't fight fair. It that a law somewhere ? That you have to fight with the same weapons ?

So what is your definition of wimp? If you are armed and fight with someone that is not armed and you shoot him, does that make you "macho"? :cuckoo:

No, it typically makes the one with the gun the winner of the fight.

There's a reason why the Police and bodyguards carry guns.

If someone attacks you is different than you going out "all macho looking for someone suspicious"! It isn't hard to be brave if you are armed, and you pick your opponent, and you shoot them.

But instead he CALLED THE COPS--Murderers DON'T call the cops first.

Sure, he called the cops and then he didn't follow the instructions given to him. That could be interpreted differently. Like setting the stage so it wouldn't look like murder.

And I suppose that Zimmerman let Martin punch him in the nose and slam his head against the ground multiple times to further "set the stage"? Is that what you're going with, Mertex? Really? Really???:cuckoo:

That's where you're totally full of shit---Martin had a lot of options to take---Zimmerman didn't control which one he picked. But I know how you liberals are--blame someone else anytime something goes bad.

WTF does this have to do with politics? Why did Martin have to do other than what he did? He had every right to be where he was. And, I know how you conservatives are, when you can't defend your position, you start name-calling and insulting!

He had no right to assault Zimmerman--even if he was afraid. Simply being afraid does not give you the license to assault someone. Zimmerman didn't lay a hand on Martin until Martin assaulted him.
Politics ? Liberals never hold anyone responsible for their own behavior or choices. If something turns out badly, they blame someone else.
It does in Florida.

WTF does this have to do with politics? Why did Martin have to do other than what he did? He had every right to be where he was. And, I know how you conservatives are, when you can't defend your position, you start name-calling and insulting!

He had no right to assault Zimmerman--even if he was afraid. Simply being afraid does not give you the license to assault someone. Zimmerman didn't lay a hand on Martin until Martin assaulted him.
Politics ? Liberals never hold anyone responsible for their own behavior or choices. If something turns out badly, they blame someone else.
It does in Florida.

It does not. You have to demonstrate a legitimate fear, being followed, grabbed or shoved is not legitimate enough to warrant pounding someones head after they scream for help. That is an irrational act of a depraved minded person bent on murder or serious injury.

It does in Florida.

It does not. You have to demonstrate a legitimate fear, being followed, grabbed or shoved is not legitimate enough to warrant pounding someones head after they scream for help. That is an irrational act of a depraved minded person bent on murder or serious injury.

Not according to Florida.

It does in Florida.

Wrong Again! - Martin never had a legit fear for his life. Evidence proves he was never struck or marked from forced restraint by Zimmerman. Following, grabbing clothes or shoving was not enough to kill or seriously injure him. The only way he could have had a legit fear is if Zimmerman pulled a gun on him at the start. A holstered gun is not a legit fear.

Your double standard shows your bias. Believing the pounding TM gave GZ was not enough to warrant shooting TM, but following does warrant a legit fear. :cuckoo: You are irrational or depraved & should seek professional help.

Wrong Again! - Martin never had a legit fear for his life. Evidence proves he was never struck or marked from forced restraint by Zimmerman. Following, grabbing clothes or shoving was not enough to kill or seriously injure him. The only way he could have had a legit fear is if Zimmerman pulled a gun on him at the start. A holstered gun is not a legit fear.

Your double standard shows your bias. Believing the pounding TM gave GZ was not enough to warrant shooting TM, but following does warrant a legit fear. :cuckoo: You are irrational or depraved & should seek professional help.

How would you know how he felt after being followed twice? He is dead, he can't tell us.

How would you know how he felt after being followed twice? He is dead, he can't tell us.

So what if they both had legitimate reasons to fear for their lives?

Would you PLEASE employ a little common sense!

You can't beat people up for following you. If you do you've committed assault and battery. There is absolutely no physical evidence that George Zimmerman did anything BUT follow Trayvon Martin and call the Police to report his suspicions. I don't care HOW Martin "felt" because he was being followed! He didn't have good cause to assault someone.

You can't beat people up for following you. If you do you've committed assault and battery. There is absolutely no physical evidence that George Zimmerman did anything BUT follow Trayvon Martin and call the Police to report his suspicions. I don't care HOW Martin "felt" because he was being followed! He didn't have good cause to assault someone.

If a man followed me in his truck, then by foot would it be common sense to be fearful? I think so.
Under stand your ground , if he followed me by truck then on foot and I shot him do you think I would get off?

And your constant defending of Zimmerman, especially the parts where you claim he has been truthful and hasn't changed his story one bit isn't A shining example of someone using common sense.

If a man followed me in his truck, then by foot would it be common sense to be fearful? I think so.
Under stand your ground , if he followed me by truck then on foot and I shot him do you think I would get off?

No, you wouldn't "get off". You'd be arrested and charged with murder. Someone following you is not cause to shoot them. Your concept of what "Stand Your Ground" law means is so fundamentally flawed that it's scary.

And your constant defending of Zimmerman, especially the parts where you claim he has been truthful and hasn't changed his story one bit isn't A shining example of someone using common sense.

How has George Zimmerman's story about what happened that night "changed"?

No, you wouldn't "get off". You'd be arrested and charged with murder. Someone following you is not cause to shoot them. Your concept of what "Stand Your Ground" law means is so fundamentally flawed that it's scary.

I wouldn't? I think your understanding of what cases have been dropped due to stand your ground laws is very flawed and it's very scary that you still haven't looked up any, like I have asked a few times now.
Until then I will just assume you are a liar and have no common sense when it comes to arguing your point.

How has George Zimmerman's story about what happened that night "changed"?

I have already posted one example for you. You never responded so I assumed you ignored it for a reason.

And if a man followed me in his truck and on foot I wouldn't have the right to feel I was in imminent danger?
And that if I was charged I wouldn't be able to show cause for fearing I might suffer bodily harm? I think you need to gain a little understanding on the law and how it has been used.
Have you looked up any cases that have been dropped due to stand your ground laws?

I think I easily could, and you not admitting that shows how dishonest you are. No wonder you defend Zimmerman no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back