The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You started using the word "wimp". Bravery is not the issue here. Style of fighting is not the issue here. If someone attacks you are you going to use your best macho moves ?

If someone attacks you is different than you going out "all macho looking for someone suspicious"! It isn't hard to be brave if you are armed, and you pick your opponent, and you shoot them.

But instead he CALLED THE COPS--Murderers DON'T call the cops first.

Sure, he called the cops and then he didn't follow the instructions given to him. That could be interpreted differently. Like setting the stage so it wouldn't look like murder.

If someone attacks you is different than you going out "all macho looking for someone suspicious"! It isn't hard to be brave if you are armed, and you pick your opponent, and you shoot them.

But instead he CALLED THE COPS--Murderers DON'T call the cops first.

Sure, he called the cops and then he didn't follow the instructions given to him. That could be interpreted differently. Like setting the stage so it wouldn't look like murder.

sure----stretch it into a conspiracy --you guys crack me up :cuckoo:

answer my question--what did Zimmerman cause ? (Don't use words like "probably").

He caused the incident to happen. I think I have stated that a few times in this thread

That's where you're totally full of shit---Martin had a lot of options to take---Zimmerman didn't control which one he picked. But I know how you liberals are--blame someone else anytime something goes bad.

He ran away by Zimmerman's own admission on the 911 tape. He continued to follow him, by his own admission on the 911 tape.
And your last statement is hilarious since this would have never happened if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck after calling the Police or gone back to his truck.
So should I say conservatives blame someone else when something goes wrong?

Answer one question? Would the fight have happened if Zimmerman had done what he had been trained to do in the block watch and what the operator directed him to do? Would it have happened if he stayed in his truck?

He caused the incident to happen. I think I have stated that a few times in this thread

That's where you're totally full of shit---Martin had a lot of options to take---Zimmerman didn't control which one he picked. But I know how you liberals are--blame someone else anytime something goes bad.

He ran away by Zimmerman's own admission on the 911 tape. He continued to follow him, by his own admission on the 911 tape.
And your last statement is hilarious since this would have never happened if Zimmerman had stayed in his truck after calling the Police or gone back to his truck.

Answer one question? Would the fight have happened if Zimmerman had done what he had been trained to do in the block watch and what the operator directed him to do? Would it have happened if he stayed in his truck?

Thank you for finally admitting that there was a fight---good night.

answer my question--what did Zimmerman cause ? (Don't use words like "probably").

WTF does this have to do with politics? Why did Martin have to do other than what he did? He had every right to be where he was. And, I know how you conservatives are, when you can't defend your position, you start name-calling and insulting!

It hasn't been proven that there was a fight. TM didn't have any injuries or signs of having been in a fight, so, it's good that you quit, you're losing.

When did I say there wasn't? Do you add anything other than troll posts?

You can't read GZ's mind, you don't know what his intentions were. And, it is up to the jury to decide whether or not he goes to jail. And the Homeowners Assn has already settled a wrongful death suit, because of the actions of GZ.

I don't need to read GZ's mind. You have to prove GZ had a "guilty mind" (mens-rea) to prove guilt. You can't prove GZ had mens-rea therefore there is no case. Plus you have to prove GZ started the fight & did not clearly signal indicate he stopped fighting. He is clearly heard screaming "HELP!" many times before shooting.

Last edited:
You can't read GZ's mind, you don't know what his intentions were. And, it is up to the jury to decide whether or not he goes to jail. And the Homeowners Assn has already settled a wrongful death suit, because of the actions of GZ.

You have to prove GZ had a "guilty mind" (mens-rea) to prove guilt. You can't prove GZ had mens-rea therefore there is no case. Plus you have to prove GZ started the fight & did not clearly signal indicate he stopped fighting. He is clearly heard screaming "HELP!" many times before shooting.

I don't have to prove anything - that is the job of the prosecutor. I don't know what GZ's intentions were, but based on the evidence that has surfaced, and based on the actions of GZ, he doesn't seem to be too honest. If he lies about one thing chances are he lies about other things, and the jury will have to figure that out.

WTF does this have to do with politics? Why did Martin have to do other than what he did? He had every right to be where he was. And, I know how you conservatives are, when you can't defend your position, you start name-calling and insulting!

Actually, they rarely wait for anything, just start right of the with insults, as if they think that is part of debate.

It hasn't been proven that there was a fight. TM didn't have any injuries or signs of having been in a fight, so, it's good that you quit, you're losing.

There hasn't been a trial or evidence presented in court yet either. When has that ever stopped our armchair experts?

No, you need to read this:
GZ is an idiot.

Chris Tutko, director of Neighborhood Watch for the National Sheriffs' Association, said Zimmerman broke some cardinal rules.

First, he approached a stranger he suspected of wrongdoing.

"If you see something suspicious, you report it, you step aside and you let law enforcement do their job," Tutko said. "This guy went way beyond the call of duty. At the least, he's overzealous."

Second, Zimmerman carried a handgun. Police departments and sheriff's offices that train volunteers advise them never to carry weapons — though Zimmerman broke no laws by doing so because he has a concealed-weapons permit.
Trayvon Martin: Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman broke Neighborhood Watch gun rules - Orlando Sentinel

Thanks for proving my point. :thup:

Ha,ha, you MISSED the whole point. Everyone knows it is okay to carry a weapon if you have a concealed weapon permit, but the rules of being a watch dog is that you are not supposed to carry a weapon. Obviously you have comprehension problems.

Not according to any laws Einstein. :cuckoo:

interesting--now Zimmerman is a "wimp" because he didn't fight fair. It that a law somewhere ? That you have to fight with the same weapons ?

Yes - The law says you can't use excessive deadly force unless the other continues trying to kill you after you have clearly indicated you quit fighting. At that point they are irrational & anyone is justified in fearing they will continue until serious injury or death results. At that point it justifies the use of deadly force with a gun.

Which as part of an affirmative defense it becomes Zimmerman's responsibility to prove to the Jury. It is the prosecutions responsibility to prove that a crime occurred and that the defendant was the one that committed the crime, the exception you claim to the Florida Statute then places the burden of proof on the defendant to show how they qualify under the law for an exception.

If the prosecution doesn't prove the crime, Zimmerman should be set free. If they do prove the crime and Zimmerman proves the exception, Zimmerman should be set free. If they prove the crime and Zimmerman does not prove the exception, then he's in trouble.

>>>>

He had no right to assault Zimmerman--even if he was afraid. Simply being afraid does not give you the license to assault someone. Zimmerman didn't lay a hand on Martin until Martin assaulted him.
Politics ? Liberals never hold anyone responsible for their own behavior or choices. If something turns out badly, they blame someone else.

You have to prove GZ had a "guilty mind" (mens-rea) to prove guilt. You can't prove GZ had mens-rea therefore there is no case. Plus you have to prove GZ started the fight & did not clearly signal indicate he stopped fighting. He is clearly heard screaming "HELP!" many times before shooting.

I don't have to prove anything - that is the job of the prosecutor. I don't know what GZ's intentions were, but based on the evidence that has surfaced, and based on the actions of GZ, he doesn't seem to be too honest. If he lies about one thing chances are he lies about other things, and the jury will have to figure that out.

Irrational logic---because something happened once, it happened twice. This isn't about playing the odds. It's about facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back