The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are HLN talking heads saying all the prosecution has to do is create doubt in GZ story?

I thought you were innocent until the prosecution has proven you guilty beyond any reasonable doubt? That means they have to prove their theory, not just create doubt in GZ's story & let the jury insert their own theory.

The Supreme Court has ruled that, under some circumstances, a court should issue jury instructions on the presumption of innocence in addition to instructions on the requirement of proof beyond a reasonable doubt (Taylor v. Kentucky). A presumption of innocence instruction may be required if the jury is in danger of convicting the defendant on the basis of extraneous considerations rather than the facts of the case.

Bragged about it. Said he would do absolutely nothing different. Said it was gods plan.

Would it be possible for you to type one post without a falsehood ensconced in the reply?

He didn't brag about it in and way shape or form.
How is going on national tv... Saying you did it perfect, was gods plan, would do nothing different, not bragging?

By not being bragging.

He said he wouldn't do anything differently.

He said it was part of G-d's plan as a form of comfort to himself and others.

It is what Christians say to console themselves when something sad and unexpected occurs, like the death of a young person.

We have to except that there is a divine plan, and that somehow the current tragedy we are facing is a part of that plan.

That's not bragging.

Why are HLN talking heads saying all the prosecution has to do is create doubt in GZ story?

I thought you were innocent until the prosecution has proven you guilty beyond any reasonable doubt? That means they have to prove their theory, not just create doubt in GZ's story & let the jury insert their own theory.

The Supreme Court has ruled that, under some circumstances, a court should issue jury instructions on the presumption of innocence in addition to instructions on the requirement of proof beyond a reasonable doubt (Taylor v. Kentucky). A presumption of innocence instruction may be required if the jury is in danger of convicting the defendant on the basis of extraneous considerations rather than the facts of the case.

West tried to get that and self defense instruction in on opening actually -that's what all the hubbub out of the gate on objections (he's screwing up! see? objections!) and focus other than the knock knock went to.

She said she would instruct the jury...

So we shall see what the instruction will be or if that ends up R) on F'ed up case stuff.

A judge may also order a directed verdict:

In a jury trial, a directed verdict is an order from the presiding judge to the jury to return a particular verdict. Typically, the judge orders a directed verdict after finding that no reasonable jury could reach a decision to the contrary. After a directed verdict, there is no longer any need for the jury to decide the case.

Directed verdict - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would like to say I think that could happen in this case. But I really don't. And I really wish I could say that I am confident that the defense will prevail, but I am not confident of that either. I thought sure they would convict OJ, but the prosecution blew it. I think defense counsel in this case is awesome. But there is a lot going into this trial besides awesome. The travesty that there even IS a trial for one thing.

Here is my thought on this. Zimmerman will walk. We ALL know why he thought martin was "suspicious" but sadly, him following martin is not illegal. Being a racist asshole is not illegal. Zimmerman did everything right to get away with killing martin. Life in immenent danger 101....down to a science. He will walk for killing a boy who did nothing wrong. These are my thoughts as of now. :(

Except his life was not in any danger.

His injuries were very minor..and according to Zimmerman? The police were there 15 seconds after he murdered Martin.

You and I both know all of this, but honestly, convincing 6 people of this is going to be impossible. In Florida.

He is going to walk. I am not saying the shoot was good, I am saying he will walk because he has enough to give doubt to at least one jurror.

His life was not in jeopardy, but he will play this enough to cause doubt. Like I said, its like he looked up exactly what to say for a killing. There is no one there to dispute it.

Somebody that paranoid should not have a concealed gun permit.

His attacker wasn't a paranoid delusion.

( Did baby Trayvon leave his cell phone on so his g/f could hear him beat up a cracker ? )

A 17 year old wanting to beat up a cracker?

That's quite a stretch especially since TM di not have a history of fighting.

I could see that if TM had a police record for burglary or something but he was a pretty clean cut teenager.

He was a lover, not a fighter.
I really can't fathom how you can think that way.
OH won't you be surprised by the Defense case! I'm gonna enjoy watching you eat those words.

Here is my thought on this. Zimmerman will walk. We ALL know why he thought martin was "suspicious" but sadly, him following martin is not illegal. Being a racist asshole is not illegal. Zimmerman did everything right to get away with killing martin. Life in immenent danger 101....down to a science. He will walk for killing a boy who did nothing wrong. These are my thoughts as of now. :(

Except his life was not in any danger.

His injuries were very minor..and according to Zimmerman? The police were there 15 seconds after he murdered Martin.

You and I both know all of this, but honestly, convincing 6 people of this is going to be impossible. In Florida.

He is going to walk. I am not saying the shoot was good, I am saying he will walk because he has enough to give doubt to at least one jurror.

His life was not in jeopardy, but he will play this enough to cause doubt. Like I said, its like he looked up exactly what to say for a killing. There is no one there to dispute it.

Boils down to 1 no and we're all done here.

Dog and pony show over.

Agenda people appeased.

Curtain close.

here is my thought on this. Zimmerman will walk. We all know why he thought martin was "suspicious" but sadly, him following martin is not illegal. Being a racist asshole is not illegal. Zimmerman did everything right to get away with killing martin. Life in immenent danger 101....down to a science. He will walk for killing a boy who did nothing wrong. These are my thoughts as of now. :(

except his life was not in any danger.

His injuries were very minor..and according to zimmerman? The police were there 15 seconds after he murdered martin.

you and i both know all of this, but honestly, convincing 6 people of this is going to be impossible. In florida.

He is going to walk. I am not saying the shoot was good, i am saying he will walk because he has enough to give doubt to at least one jurror.

His life was not in jeopardy, but he will play this enough to cause doubt. Like i said, its like he looked up exactly what to say for a killing. There is no one there to dispute it.

N e g g e d!!!

FBI interviews: No evidence Zimmerman a racist

FBI interviews: No evidence Zimmerman a racist- Orlando Sentinel

But keep beating that drum...despite all evidence to the contrary...

Question for you. Why did Zimmerman think Martin was "suspicious" in the first place? Now, be honest.

I am black, you are white. We both have on the same hoodie, who is "Suspicious" to Zimmerman?

BE HONEST. I am. He is going to walk. He knew exactly what to say after he killed an unarmed kid. Exactly what to say.

except his life was not in any danger.

His injuries were very minor..and according to zimmerman? The police were there 15 seconds after he murdered martin.

you and i both know all of this, but honestly, convincing 6 people of this is going to be impossible. In florida.

He is going to walk. I am not saying the shoot was good, i am saying he will walk because he has enough to give doubt to at least one jurror.

His life was not in jeopardy, but he will play this enough to cause doubt. Like i said, its like he looked up exactly what to say for a killing. There is no one there to dispute it.

N e g g e d!!!
This is really effecting me in so may ways.

:doubt::doubt::doubt:

His attacker wasn't a paranoid delusion.

( Did baby Trayvon leave his cell phone on so his g/f could hear him beat up a cracker ? )

A 17 year old wanting to beat up a cracker?

That's quite a stretch especially since TM di not have a history of fighting.

I could see that if TM had a police record for burglary or something but he was a pretty clean cut teenager.

He was a lover, not a fighter.
I really can't fathom how you can think that way.
OH won't you be surprised by the Defense case! I'm gonna enjoy watching you eat those words.

I think maybe everyone thinks this IS the defense's case and they don't realize that if the prosecution looks like the defense.... just wait til the defense looks like the defense.

Would it be possible for you to type one post without a falsehood ensconced in the reply?

He didn't brag about it in and way shape or form.
How is going on national tv... Saying you did it perfect, was gods plan, would do nothing different, not bragging?

By not being bragging.

He said he wouldn't do anything differently.

He said it was part of G-d's plan as a form of comfort to himself and others.

It is what Christians say to console themselves when something sad and unexpected occurs, like the death of a young person.

We have to except that there is a divine plan, and that somehow the current tragedy we are facing is a part of that plan.

That's not bragging.

Well done on the spin control. Watch the hannity vid. He's proud. Beaming. Bragging. Watch the police interviews. Watch the trial. No remorse at all.

N e g g e d!!!
This is really effecting me in so may ways.

:doubt::doubt::doubt:

LOL

Getting negged when you're already in the red.

Point made.

Is this like "stand in line"?

FBI interviews: No evidence Zimmerman a racist

FBI interviews: No evidence Zimmerman a racist- Orlando Sentinel

But keep beating that drum...despite all evidence to the contrary...

Question for you. Why did Zimmerman think Martin was "suspicious" in the first place? Now, be honest.

I am black, you are white. We both have on the same hoodie, who is "Suspicious" to Zimmerman?

BE HONEST. I am. He is going to walk. He knew exactly what to say after he killed an unarmed kid. Exactly what to say.

They will be discussing that very thing tomorrow.

Z took a course in college on self defense and the stand your ground law.

I agree pretty much except for your claim that Zimmerman is a racist asshole. There is evidence that contradicts that and the FBI also concluded he didn't act in a racist manner.

But you see a dead black kid and a white man with a gun, and for you, it's got to be racial.

WHY WAS MARTIN "SUSPICIOUS" IN THE FIRST PLACE? What was he doing wrong.

The shooting happened. He will get away with killing an unarmed kid, but be honest. WHY WAS MARTIN "SUSPICIOUS" to Zimmerman? Be honest.

Has he ever called the cops on a white guy in a hoodie? BE HONEST JUST ONCE.

This case started with Zimmerman's penchant for vigilantism and unbridled anger.

He beat his wife often. Even got a restraining order for it.

He got arrested for fighting with, of all things, a cop.

The man is a savage unleashed.

He's a danger to society.

His A$$ should have been in put away or put down years ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back