The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are already a couple of threads about this. Why don't you go read them. We've been talking about this for a couple of months. There was no need to start a new thread. There are two others already going with many postings every day. Go read them and join in them instead of starting a new one and asking people to repeat themselves.

Just WOW!
Who made you Queen?

Many posters are burned out by the mudslinging on the 'other' threads.

Some people actually want to talk about the trial w/o being @ssholes.

Most American's still believe in that pesky Innocent Until Proven Guilty thingy.

IOU + rep when I can~

I didn't know they edited that part too. I'm going to have to go back and listen to NBC's version of the 911 call again.

Also, if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place, which could have changed the outcome. There's not a judge alive that would rule on Stand Your Ground and take that kind of heat without sending it to trial. It's not just about the jury and trying to get unbiased jurors, the ripples spread wide. The governor's phone was lit up trying to put out the fire, keep the peace and defuse the impending explosion. A prosecutor was selected from an entirely different district and M2 charges were filed to try to take some of that out. The Black Panthers had a 10k HIT out, for Pete's sake, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton disrupted normal life for months. When the POTUS says "that could have been my son" on national television and the Feds are involved in a local event, again, I don't understand how that is not politically driven and does not have an impact on the trial - much farther reaching than the jurors themselves. This is not a "high profile" trial, this is something else entirely.

Very good point, test...well said. Yeah, i forgot about the POTUS making mention of it. We disagree on the stand your ground...I believe they didnt go with the Stand your ground because it was GZ that followed Trayvon initially. I think they are going with self defense, because they dont need the stand your ground law...the self defense law in Florida states that if he is in fear for his life or serious injury he can defend himself with deadly force.

And Yeah...NBC edited the tapes to say "he looks black"....they edited out the part of the dispatcher asking him what race he was first.

Now I'm actually starting to get annoyed. This is not some typical "change of venue" thing. I think people's memory of a year ago is pretty short, but being in the middle of it, my memory is totally in tact. No Fog. And it's just now started up again. Today is National Hoodie Day. How is a national clothing day on the first day of juror selection unbiased.

The last two lines made me spit water up for some reason...you always have a funny way of putting things....lol.

Yeah, the marches, the hoodie days, etc....its all designed to intimidate a potential jury imo....like in the OJ case when Cochran told jury "you need to send a message".

If I was GZ, I would be very concerned about getting a fair trial...juries have a tuff enough time in high profile cases as it is.

Its strange, but in this case you will see the prosecution acting like a sleazy defense team and the defense acting like the prosecution trying to get to the truth....thats my initial feeling thus far...could be wrong, but thats the feeling I have right now. Kind of like a reverse of what we are use to seeing.

There are already a couple of threads about this. Why don't you go read them. We've been talking about this for a couple of months. There was no need to start a new thread. There are two others already going with many postings every day. Go read them and join in them instead of starting a new one and asking people to repeat themselves.

Just WOW!
Who made you Queen?

[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had a zillion reps for you. EXACTLY! I don't want to do the F you, you're an idiot crap, and neither do the other people I chat with. We're just talking trial and the facts and having some yuks and if someone has an opinion that doesn't "match up", they don't get a f u you're an idiot, it just gets discussed from that point of view - or in some cases, not mentioning any names (@25caliber) the point gets pressed really hard, but not with a f u you're stupid.

Thanks for that - you totally get it.

Truth is, this thread will probably get trolled. Just put the trolls on ignore.

Just WOW!
Who made you Queen?

[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had a zillion reps for you. EXACTLY! I don't want to do the F you, you're an idiot crap, and neither do the other people I chat with. We're just talking trial and the facts and having some yuks and if someone has an opinion that doesn't "match up", they don't get a f u you're an idiot, it just gets discussed from that point of view - or in some cases, not mentioning any names (@25caliber) the point gets pressed really hard, but not with a f u you're stupid.

Thanks for that - you totally get it.

Truth is, this thread will probably get trolled. Just put the trolls on ignore.

Back to that other thread? Not a lot of trolling there.

Actually, this is the very first thing stated in the "USMB Site Rules and Guidelines":

When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges.

So I really have to wonder if this is about avoiding mudslinging, or if it's more about wanting to invade a forum en masse, and rather than blending in, starting your own threads with all your buddies.

Also, for those who are too senstive to handle the occasional "Fuck you, you're an idiot!" may I suggest:

Clean Debate Zone (4 Viewing)
The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section.

Seriously, are these not valid points I'm making here?

Last edited:
I find it somewhat weird, in the interest of accuracy that the cable and network channels use his picture as a younger youth, instead of the way he looked at 6'3" tall, when he met his demise. I don't have an opinion as to how it all really happened, yet.

I agree...very weird. It has to play with the narrative. Some are saying that GZ was racist just because Trayvon happened to be black. GZ comes from multiracial family and didnt even know what color trayvon was initially he was pushed to give a description by the dispatcher, which was also edited out of the NBC tapes....hmmm...narrative?

I didn't know they edited that part too. I'm going to have to go back and listen to NBC's version of the 911 call again.

Also, if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place, which could have changed the outcome. There's not a judge alive that would rule on Stand Your Ground and take that kind of heat without sending it to trial. It's not just about the jury and trying to get unbiased jurors, the ripples spread wide. The governor's phone was lit up trying to put out the fire, keep the peace and defuse the impending explosion. A prosecutor was selected from an entirely different district and M2 charges were filed to try to take some of that out. The Black Panthers had a 10k HIT out, for Pete's sake, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton disrupted normal life for months. When the POTUS says "that could have been my son" on national television and the Feds are involved in a local event, again, I don't understand how that is not politically driven and does not have an impact on the trial - much farther reaching than the jurors themselves. This is not a "high profile" trial, this is something else entirely.

"if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place,"

no not really this is not a good stand your ground case

Zimmerman did not have the chance to leave

this is classic self defense

I agree...very weird. It has to play with the narrative. Some are saying that GZ was racist just because Trayvon happened to be black. GZ comes from multiracial family and didnt even know what color trayvon was initially he was pushed to give a description by the dispatcher, which was also edited out of the NBC tapes....hmmm...narrative?

"if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place,"

I agree, however, the law and the original Sanford pd report are clear... Then the emotion, signs, politics, et al enter the mix. Stand Your Ground hearing wasn't done because the judge hears and decides that. She is not going to be the one on the hotseat to rule stand your ground and end it with the gov, feds, POTUS, enter other parties with agendas here, weighed in, so she would have denied it and bound it over for trial anyhow. So smart move on M O'M's part to not let that shadow and film of guilt of a SYG decision taint the jury and trial and take his chances with a jury. Again, under "normal" circumstances, I believe SYD would have been done and the possible outcome of this was changed since the get-go.

I admire the statement made by Mr Martin this morning:

"As we seek justice for our son Trayvon, we also seek a fair and impartial trial," said the statement, which was read by Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father, in a media room at the courthouse.

"We ask that the community continue to stay peaceful as we place our faith in the justice system," the statement said.

I'd rep him if I could!

I admire the statement made by Mr Martin this morning:

"As we seek justice for our son Trayvon, we also seek a fair and impartial trial," said the statement, which was read by Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father, in a media room at the courthouse.

"We ask that the community continue to stay peaceful as we place our faith in the justice system," the statement said.

I'd rep him if I could!

we can hope. This is a bad thing all the way around the block and back.

I agree, however, the law and the original Sanford pd report are clear... Then the emotion, signs, politics, et al enter the mix. Stand Your Ground hearing wasn't done because the judge hears and decides that. She is not going to be the one on the hotseat to rule stand your ground and end it with the gov, feds, POTUS, enter other parties with agendas here, weighed in, so she would have denied it and bound it over for trial anyhow. So smart move on M O'M's part to not let that shadow and film of guilt of a SYG decision taint the jury and trial and take his chances with a jury. Again, under "normal" circumstances, I believe SYD would have been done and the possible outcome of this was changed since the get-go.

the stand your ground rule is a small part in the spectrum of self defense

George did not have the opportunity to back away so he did not have the choice

to stand his ground

he was pinned to the ground on his back

this is why there was not a SYG hearing

the defense is proper using self defense with immunity in this case

Actually, this is the very first thing stated in the "USMB Site Rules and Guidelines":

When starting a new Thread, please first check and confirm that there are not Current Threads, on the Same Topic, This will Avoid Merges.

So I really have to wonder if this is about avoiding mudslinging, or if it's more about wanting to invade a forum en masse, and rather than blending in, starting your own threads with all your buddies.

Also, for those who are too senstive to handle the occasional "Fuck you, you're an idiot!" may I suggest:

The Clean Debate Zone is to be used for the clean debating of Government Policies, Candidates, Current News and Events ONLY. No personal attacks, name calling, flaming etc is allowed in this section.

Koosh, I did a quick search on Zimmerman/Martin threads. I came up with 129 threads. :eek:

Koosh, I did a quick search on Zimmerman/Martin threads. I came up with 129 threads. :eek:

--LOL

i didnt notice til a few minutes ago

that i am posting on two different zimmerman threads

--LOL

That makes my head spin around. The texts, hearing on one day, the details. I just want to be one place on one subject. I think some people don't know that Trayvon, Martin, George and Zimmerman ARE the same trial. Lol. But that's just me.

--LOL

i didnt notice til a few minutes ago

that i am posting on two different zimmerman threads

--LOL
Been there, done that, wore out the t-shirt. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmmm....that makes total sense put like that....probably a lot of truth to it given the political implications.

the stand your ground rule is a small part in the spectrum of self defense

George did not have the opportunity to back away so he did not have the choice

to stand his ground

he was pinned to the ground on his back

this is why there was not a SYG hearing

the defense is proper using self defense with immunity in this case

Elaborate on that self defense vs stand your ground and what you mean by didn't have the chance to back away... I have an inside on the trial... I'm not beating you up, just want to know what you mean by self defense vs SYG. I heard the reason differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back