The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place,"

no not really this is not a good stand your ground case

Zimmerman did not have the chance to leave

this is classic self defense

I agree, however, the law and the original Sanford pd report are clear... Then the emotion, signs, politics, et al enter the mix. Stand Your Ground hearing wasn't done because the judge hears and decides that. She is not going to be the one on the hotseat to rule stand your ground and end it with the gov, feds, POTUS, enter other parties with agendas here, weighed in, so she would have denied it and bound it over for trial anyhow. So smart move on M O'M's part to not let that shadow and film of guilt of a SYG decision taint the jury and trial and take his chances with a jury. Again, under "normal" circumstances, I believe SYD would have been done and the possible outcome of this was changed since the get-go.

Hmmm....that makes total sense put like that....probably a lot of truth to it given the political implications.

Well yeah.... You already know me, total political scoop here. I ain't lying.

Any chance the judge will do the right thing and throw the case out of his courtroom?

I doubt it freedombecki. Even though the Prosecution just dumped a 1,000 plus pages of new evidence on the defense last week, the Judge turned down a request for a delay in the trial.

These Prosecutors are a piece of work. They've purposefully been screwing over the Defense on evidence from the get go.

It's disgusting.

The judge started the day saying no to O'Mara's third request for a trial delay. Last week prosecutors handed over more than 1,000 pages of new evidence from Trayvon's cell phone - many of them photos - O'Mara said.

George Zimmerman trial Day 1 jury selection - Page 2 - OrlandoSentinel.com

Any chance the judge will do the right thing and throw the case out of his courtroom?

I doubt it freedombecki. Even though the Prosecution just dumped a 1,000 plus pages of new evidence on the defense last week, the Judge turned down a request for a delay in the trial.

These Prosecutors are a piece of work. They've purposefully been screwing over the Defense on evidence from the get go.

It's disgusting.

The judge started the day saying no to O'Mara's third request for a trial delay. Last week prosecutors handed over more than 1,000 pages of new evidence from Trayvon's cell phone - many of them photos - O'Mara said.

You mean Evidence Hider and Used Car Salesman?

I find it somewhat weird, in the interest of accuracy that the cable and network channels use his picture as a younger youth, instead of the way he looked at 6'3" tall, when he met his demise. I don't have an opinion as to how it all really happened, yet.

I agree...very weird. It has to play with the narrative. Some are saying that GZ was racist just because Trayvon happened to be black. GZ comes from multiracial family and didnt even know what color trayvon was initially he was pushed to give a description by the dispatcher, which was also edited out of the NBC tapes....hmmm...narrative?

I didn't know they edited that part too. I'm going to have to go back and listen to NBC's version of the 911 call again.

Also, if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place, which could have changed the outcome. There's not a judge alive that would rule on Stand Your Ground and take that kind of heat without sending it to trial. It's not just about the jury and trying to get unbiased jurors, the ripples spread wide. The governor's phone was lit up trying to put out the fire, keep the peace and defuse the impending explosion. A prosecutor was selected from an entirely different district and M2 charges were filed to try to take some of that out. The Black Panthers had a 10k HIT out, for Pete's sake, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton disrupted normal life for months. When the POTUS says "that could have been my son" on national television and the Feds are involved in a local event, again, I don't understand how that is not politically driven and does not have an impact on the trial - much farther reaching than the jurors themselves. This is not a "high profile" trial, this is something else entirely.

It's about tM's dead body.

I agree...very weird. It has to play with the narrative. Some are saying that GZ was racist just because Trayvon happened to be black. GZ comes from multiracial family and didnt even know what color trayvon was initially he was pushed to give a description by the dispatcher, which was also edited out of the NBC tapes....hmmm...narrative?

I didn't know they edited that part too. I'm going to have to go back and listen to NBC's version of the 911 call again.

Also, if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place, which could have changed the outcome. There's not a judge alive that would rule on Stand Your Ground and take that kind of heat without sending it to trial. It's not just about the jury and trying to get unbiased jurors, the ripples spread wide. The governor's phone was lit up trying to put out the fire, keep the peace and defuse the impending explosion. A prosecutor was selected from an entirely different district and M2 charges were filed to try to take some of that out. The Black Panthers had a 10k HIT out, for Pete's sake, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton disrupted normal life for months. When the POTUS says "that could have been my son" on national television and the Feds are involved in a local event, again, I don't understand how that is not politically driven and does not have an impact on the trial - much farther reaching than the jurors themselves. This is not a "high profile" trial, this is something else entirely.

Is it?

It's disgusting.

Disgusting? So is the murder of an unarmed young man [for you, probably young boy].

Is it?

I don't remember a POTUS "could've been my son" on any other trial since.... Let me think. Ever.

Is it standard in Florida to only have 6 jurors and 4 alternates?

no... Did you see that somewhere?

Yuppers. In the Orlando Sentinel. It struck me as odd.

They reviewed what prospective jurors wrote on a questionnaire and did preliminary interviews of four possible panel members, but what quickly became clear is that finding a panel of six jurors plus four alternates in this extraordinarily high-profile case could take a very long time.

George Zimmerman trial Day 1 jury selection - OrlandoSentinel.com

Is it standard in Florida to only have 6 jurors and 4 alternates?

no... Did you see that somewhere?

The size of the jury is to provide a "cross-section" of the public. In Williams v. Florida, 399 U.S. 78 (1970), the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that a Florida state jury of six was sufficient, and that "the 12-man panel is not a necessary ingredient of "trial by jury," and that respondent's refusal to impanel more than the six members provided for by Florida law did not violate petitioner's Sixth Amendment rights as applied to the States through the Fourteenth."
Jury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/05/30/192662/judge-wants-4-alternate-jurors.html#.UbZ6GCP9HzE

SANFORD, Fla. — Six jurors will decide whether George Zimmerman is guilty of second-degree murder, but during jury selection at his trial, attorneys will pick a panel of 10, four of them alternates, according to Seminole County Clerk of Courts Maryanne Morse.

Normally at a second-degree murder trial, attorneys pick six jurors and two alternates, but in this case Circuit Judge Debra S. Nelson apparently is building in extra protection by adding more alternates.

Last edited:

It's disgusting.

Disgusting? So is the murder of an unarmed young man [for you, probably young boy].

Remember the good old days in America? Remember when people used to believe a man was innocent until proven guilty?

Now on to the scumbuckets known as the Prosecution.

Lawyer: Zimmerman prosecutor withheld evidence

By KYLE HIGHTOWER
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A court employee who retrieved photos and deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone has been placed on administrative leave after an attorney testified that prosecutors didn't properly turn over the evidence to the defense, an attorney said Wednesday.

Former prosecutor Wesley White said he was ethically obligated to reveal that Fourth Judicial Circuit Information Technology Director Ben Kruidbos retrieved the data that weren't turned over.

Kruidbos was placed on leave shortly after White testified during a hearing in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder case on Tuesday. White said Kruidbos was interviewed by state attorney investigators twice before the action was taken.

White said he wasn't surprised of possible evidence violations by Zimmerman prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda.

"I was saddened by it, but I'm not surprised," he said.

White first learned about the evidence through Kruidbos more than a month ago, he said.

ORLANDO, Fla.: Lawyer: Zimmerman prosecutor withheld evidence - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Last edited:
Thanks for that!! Good news is the sheriff has his shit together. 50 cop cars from every agency there. Bomb dogs gallore. DH had a hard time getting in. Lol

#tequila trial

Let the justice begin!

Code:

It's disgusting.

Remember the good old days in America? Remember when people used to believe a man was innocent until proven guilty.

Now on to the scumbuckets known as the Prosecution.

Lawyer: Zimmerman prosecutor withheld evidence

By KYLE HIGHTOWER
Associated Press

ORLANDO, Fla. -- A court employee who retrieved photos and deleted text messages from Trayvon Martin's cellphone has been placed on administrative leave after an attorney testified that prosecutors didn't properly turn over the evidence to the defense, an attorney said Wednesday.

Former prosecutor Wesley White said he was ethically obligated to reveal that Fourth Judicial Circuit Information Technology Director Ben Kruidbos retrieved the data that weren't turned over.

Kruidbos was placed on leave shortly after White testified during a hearing in George Zimmerman's second-degree murder case on Tuesday. White said Kruidbos was interviewed by state attorney investigators twice before the action was taken.

White said he wasn't surprised of possible evidence violations by Zimmerman prosecutor Bernie de la Rionda.

"I was saddened by it, but I'm not surprised," he said.

White first learned about the evidence through Kruidbos more than a month ago, he said.

ORLANDO, Fla.: Lawyer: Zimmerman prosecutor withheld evidence - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com

Rep rep

Thanks for that!! Good news is the sheriff has his shit together. 50 cop cars from every agency there. Bomb dogs gallore. DH had a hard time getting in. Lol

#tequila trial

Let the justice begin!

Whats DH....I thought it was divorced husband...lol.

I don't remember a POTUS "could've been my son" on any other trial since.... Let me think. Ever.

So what? Big deal.

nothing to see here, move along... Politics and judicial system working as normal.

We had a little rain today this afternoon, but pool all morning... Was it raining there?

Rained like a bitch here. More than when the tropical storm passed through last week.

A lightning bolt hit so close to my house today that my butt hole is still puckered.:eusa_angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back