The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pictures at the time were supplied by the family, the probably went with what they had.

So mistakes happen. Like saying he was 6'3" when in fact the autopsy report shows he was 71" (5'11").

State v. Zimmerman: Evidence released by prosecutor

>>>>

Page 4 (of 13) of that link is very telling from one witness, saying he/she witnessed Martin on top of Z throwing punches, and saying Z yelled for help. I wonder if this witness will be called to testify.

Last edited:
The pictures at the time were supplied by the family, the probably went with what they had.

So mistakes happen. Like saying he was 6'3" when in fact the autopsy report shows he was 71" (5'11").

>>>>

Page 4 (of 13) of that link is very telling from one witness, saying he/she witnessed Martin on top of Z throwing punches, and saying Z yelled for help. I wonder if this witness will be called to testify.

I'd seen that before, and I'm sure the witnesses will be called.

>>>>

Did you read page 5 of 13 of the long witness statement? The "if it makes you feel any better the person yelling for help was not the one that was shot" part?

>>>>

Did you read page 5 of 13 of the long witness statement? The "if it makes you feel any better the person yelling for help was not the one that was shot" part?

Nope, but going to it now. (Trying to read in between my boss needing help with word and excel and me drawing in autocad. LOL)

Testa, go to page 55. Martin's father told one of the cops it wasn't his son yelling for help on that recording!

Page 37 is the one I was originally referring to. 39 also refers to Z being the one yelling for help.

Last edited:

Nope, but going to it now. (Trying to read in between my boss needing help with word and excel and me drawing in autocad. LOL)

Testa, go to page 55. Martin's father told one of the cops it wasn't his son yelling for help on that recording!

Page 37 is the one I was originally referring to. 39 also refers to Z being the one yelling for help.

I remember that from when this whole thing started. I'm no voice expert, but sounds like Z yelling help to me, and witness statement seem to corroborate that. I don't think she's going to allow a voice expert in based on the testimony I heard last week.

Quite a difference in appearances! Makes you wonder if the media is being pressured to show the younger innocent look and by whom.

Showing how TM looked the day of the accident, some people would get the impression he was a thug. Which brings to mind the saying, "If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck." I'm not saying he is a thug; just that other people would think that based on how he was dressed.

Well, then those people would be stupid fucking old fogies. He just looks like a typical guy. That's how young guys dress, with the hoodies.

I see kids like him in my neighborhood all the time and I just say "hi" like I would to anyone else, and most of the time they're nice and friendly. At the worst they're just kind of glum like teenagers can be.

As a 60-year-old white woman, it's guys like Zimmerman that concern me, not kids like Trayvon Martin. Overzealous neighborhood-watch racist fuckers. We had one here in my area of town who got charged with raping a woman. Picked her up on the street under the guise of giving her a ride, then took her to a warehouse and raped her. She went immediately to the police, we're wondering how many he did that to before he got caught.

Breaks my heart to see the video of that kid going in to buy his skittles, knowing he'll soon be dead. His whole life before him and it's taken away by some racist asshole trying to be a big man. Disgusting.

By the way, if someone breaks into my house in the middle of the night and I'm shooting at them and they yell "Help!" that makes me in the wrong? I don't think so.

If someone attacks another person on the street and their victim gets the better of them, they can yell "help" all they want to, that doesn't make them in the right.

Last edited:
Regardless of your view on guilt, this trial is so politically driven, racially fired and sensationalized, he's not going to get a fair trial and that's an injustice in and of itself.

Am I supposed to disclaim with "IMO" here?

:)

I don't necessarily agree with that. I brought it up at work one day before I retired and no one knew what I was talking about, Just because it's big in forum world doesn't mean it has much relevance in the lives of everyday working people who have more important things to do with their time.

Regardless of your view on guilt, this trial is so politically driven, racially fired and sensationalized, he's not going to get a fair trial and that's an injustice in and of itself.

I don't necessarily agree with that. I brought it up at work one day before I retired and no one knew what I was talking about, Just because it's big in forum world doesn't mean it has much relevance in the lives of everyday working people who have more important things to do with their time.

Do you live in the area?

The jurors are selected from the local area and I don't know that anyone in the area would not know about it since you had to drive through protesters to get to the grocery store. The governor appointed the prosecutor who is from a completely different district 2 hours away from where the crime/trial is and the Feds investigated a local crime. The Black Panthers and the Skinheads were here...

If that isn't a politically and racially driven, I don't know what is.

Last edited:

Do you live in the area?

The jurors come are selected from the local area and I don't know that anyone in the area would not know about it since you had to drive through protesters to get to the grocery store. The governor appointed the prosecutor who is from a completely different district 2 hours away from where the crime/trial is and the Feds investigated a local crime. The Black Panthers and the Skinheads were here...

No, but I have a law degree and I understand the term 'change of venue' which I am sure his attorneys will pursue if it seems necessary. We had our own high profile case in Nashville in the 90s, and finding an impartial jury isn't unheard of.

Zimmerman Defense Wants Pictures of Pot-Smoking Trayvon Admitted

It just doesn't seem to go away, does it?

The George Zimmerman defense team in the case of Trayvon Martin, whom Zimmerman killed during an altercation in March 2012 in Sanford, Florida, is contending that evidence of Martin’s possible drug use and gun involvement should be admitted into court. On Thursday, Zimmerman’s attorney’s released pictures and texts from Martin’s cellphone, including pictures of a pot plant and of a gun, as well as pictures of Martin, smoke emanating from his mouth as he flips off the camera.

Read more @ Zimmerman Defense Wants Pictures of Pot-Smoking Trayvon Admitted

I find it somewhat weird, in the interest of accuracy that the cable and network channels use his picture as a younger youth, instead of the way he looked at 6'3" tall, when he met his demise. I don't have an opinion as to how it all really happened, yet.

I agree...very weird. It has to play with the narrative. Some are saying that GZ was racist just because Trayvon happened to be black. GZ comes from multiracial family and didnt even know what color trayvon was initially he was pushed to give a description by the dispatcher, which was also edited out of the NBC tapes....hmmm...narrative?

Zimmerman Defense Wants Pictures of Pot-Smoking Trayvon Admitted

It just doesn't seem to go away, does it?

Read more @ Zimmerman Defense Wants Pictures of Pot-Smoking Trayvon Admitted

I find it somewhat weird, in the interest of accuracy that the cable and network channels use his picture as a younger youth, instead of the way he looked at 6'3" tall, when he met his demise. I don't have an opinion as to how it all really happened, yet.

I agree...very weird. It has to play with the narrative. Some are saying that GZ was racist just because Trayvon happened to be black. GZ comes from multiracial family and didnt even know what color trayvon was initially he was pushed to give a description by the dispatcher, which was also edited out of the NBC tapes....hmmm...narrative?

I didn't know they edited that part too. I'm going to have to go back and listen to NBC's version of the 911 call again.

Also, if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place, which could have changed the outcome. There's not a judge alive that would rule on Stand Your Ground and take that kind of heat without sending it to trial. It's not just about the jury and trying to get unbiased jurors, the ripples spread wide. The governor's phone was lit up trying to put out the fire, keep the peace and defuse the impending explosion. A prosecutor was selected from an entirely different district and M2 charges were filed to try to take some of that out. The Black Panthers had a 10k HIT out, for Pete's sake, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton disrupted normal life for months. When the POTUS says "that could have been my son" on national television and the Feds are involved in a local event, again, I don't understand how that is not politically driven and does not have an impact on the trial - much farther reaching than the jurors themselves. This is not a "high profile" trial, this is something else entirely.

I didn't know they edited that part too. I'm going to have to go back and listen to NBC's version of the 911 call again.

Also, if this trial wasn't so political, racial and publicized, I believe the Stand Your Ground hearing would have taken place, which could have changed the outcome. There's not a judge alive that would rule on Stand Your Ground and take that kind of heat without sending it to trial. It's not just about the jury and trying to get unbiased jurors, the ripples spread wide. The governor's phone was lit up trying to put out the fire, keep the peace and defuse the impending explosion. A prosecutor was selected from an entirely different district and M2 charges were filed to try to take some of that out. The Black Panthers had a 10k HIT out, for Pete's sake, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton disrupted normal life for months. When the POTUS says "that could have been my son" on national television and the Feds are involved in a local event, again, I don't understand how that is not politically driven and does not have an impact on the trial - much farther reaching than the jurors themselves. This is not a "high profile" trial, this is something else entirely.

Very good point, test...well said. Yeah, i forgot about the POTUS making mention of it. We disagree on the stand your ground...I believe they didnt go with the Stand your ground because it was GZ that followed Trayvon initially. I think they are going with self defense, because they dont need the stand your ground law...the self defense law in Florida states that if he is in fear for his life or serious injury he can defend himself with deadly force.

And Yeah...NBC edited the tapes to say "he looks black"....they edited out the part of the dispatcher asking him what race he was first. MSNBC also kept showing the dark pictures of GZ saying he had no bodily harm or blood on him...when in fact the actual police color photos showed a broken and swollen nose and face and deep gashes in the back of his head with blood running down. NBC went from being very bullish on the story to very bearish after their creative editing was caught and the actual photos seen....they went very quiet on the story.

Last edited:

Do you live in the area?

The jurors come are selected from the local area and I don't know that anyone in the area would not know about it since you had to drive through protesters to get to the grocery store. The governor appointed the prosecutor who is from a completely different district 2 hours away from where the crime/trial is and the Feds investigated a local crime. The Black Panthers and the Skinheads were here...

No, but I have a law degree and I understand the term 'change of venue' which I am sure his attorneys will pursue if it seems necessary. We had our own high profile case in Nashville in the 90s, and finding an impartial jury isn't unheard of.

Did the "high profile" cases you were involved with have the POTUS saying the victim "could have been his son", have Federal investigations, a 10k hit on the accused by the Black Panthers, a governor appointed prosecutor out of jurisdiction, Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton disrupting normal life for months? This is a different kind of "high profile" trial.

Very good point, test...well said. Yeah, i forgot about the POTUS making mention of it. We disagree on the stand your ground...I believe they didnt go with the Stand your ground because it was GZ that followed Trayvon initially. I think they are going with self defense, because they dont need the stand your ground law...the self defense law in Florida states that if he is in fear for his life or serious injury he can defend himself with deadly force.

And Yeah...NBC edited the tapes to say "he looks black"....they edited out the part of the dispatcher asking him what race he was first.

Now I'm actually starting to get annoyed. This is not some typical "change of venue" thing. I think people's memory of a year ago is pretty short, but being in the middle of it, my memory is totally in tact. No Fog. And it's just now started up again. Today is National Hoodie Day. How is a national clothing day on the first day of juror selection unbiased.

There are already a couple of threads about this. Why don't you go read them. We've been talking about this for a couple of months. There was no need to start a new thread. There are two others already going with many postings every day. Go read them and join in them instead of starting a new one and asking people to repeat themselves.

Just WOW!
Who made you Queen?

Many posters are burned out by the mudslinging on the 'other' threads.

Some people actually want to talk about the trial w/o being @ssholes.

Most Americans still believe in that pesky Innocent Until Proven Guilty thingy.

Last edited:

And Yeah...NBC edited the tapes to say "he looks black"....they edited out the part of the dispatcher asking him what race he was first.

Now I'm actually starting to get annoyed. This is not some typical "change of venue" thing. I think people's memory of a year ago is pretty short, but being in the middle of it, my memory is totally in tact. No Fog. And it's just now started up again. Today is National Hoodie Day. How is a national clothing day on the first day of juror selection unbiased.

Clearly you don't understand the process well enough to trust it.

There are already a couple of threads about this. Why don't you go read them. We've been talking about this for a couple of months. There was no need to start a new thread. There are two others already going with many postings every day. Go read them and join in them instead of starting a new one and asking people to repeat themselves.

Just WOW!
Who made you Queen?

Many posters are burned out by the mudslinging on the 'other' threads.

Some people actually want to talk about the trial w/o being @ssholes.

[MENTION=31178]MeBelle60[/MENTION] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had a zillion reps for you. EXACTLY! I don't want to do the F you, you're an idiot crap, and neither do the other people I chat with. We're just talking trial and the facts and having some yuks and if someone has an opinion that doesn't "match up", they don't get a f u you're an idiot, it just gets discussed from that point of view - or in some cases, not mentioning any names (@25caliber) the point gets pressed really hard, but not with a f u you're stupid.

Thanks for that - you totally get it.

Clearly you don't understand the process well enough to trust it.

That's probably what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back