The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense is not asleep.

Good.

Frankly, I wouldn't give a damn in hell about the judge being annoyed. The motions are needed. This is really unacceptable.

It's almost as if the prosecution is actively trying to throw this case. Could that be true?

Never believed it should have been prosecuted. Were forced to do it. Are doing it now to appease the protesters. Will give them the trial they demanded. With no evidence of guilt. Done and done. GZ goes free and no one can complain.

It's unfuckingbelievable!!! It's a 3 Stooges movie starring Guy, Mantei, and Bernie.

Or they're just that dum.

I would EXPECT some defense motion for sanctions against the prosecution.

The State either saw those notes earlier in which case they should have been provided to the defense

OR they failed to even glean from their own expert that he had prepared them, but that might mean that they are still CHARGED with their constructive possession (in which case they ought to have been shared with the defense).

And what if the "notes" contain ANY exculpatory information?

If the state knew about his notes beforehand, it wouldn't be the first time they've hidden info from the defense.

"I rather not show . . . ."

The fucking guy WROTE notes in ANTICIPATION of testifying, in anticipation of what the defense might ask him on cross but didn't share the notes with the prosecutor before testifying?

Are you fucking kidding me?

That's not unusual. Litigation cases in my profession have a 'feel' about them. And a few have been litigated against doctors on the case. I did not keep notes in anticipation of litigation, I just tried to make my chart notes be adequate for any occasion, and I shredded me working notes at the end of the day because if they exist, they are discoverable. But I know a lot of clinicians who keep a 'diary' of sorts for that purpose. I don't think that is good, because I don't see any advantage to being hanged with your own notes.

I definitely got the 'feel' on several occasions that a particular patient was self lethal. On those occasions, I tried like hell to NOT have that person assigned to me, but if I did, I made sure to document, document, document. I was never sued, but there was one case where a patient I had was sued. Due to the completeness of my notes, I was excluded as a witness.

The defense is not asleep.

Good.

Frankly, I wouldn't give a damn in hell about the judge being annoyed. The motions are needed. This is really unacceptable.

I agree. A man's life is at stake. Her 'concern' about the length of the trial is inappropriate.

An ME should be just the facts jack.

Why an ME is hostile and playing hide the watermelon is awfully suspicious.

The fucking guy WROTE notes in ANTICIPATION of testifying, in anticipation of what the defense might ask him on cross but didn't share the notes with the prosecutor before testifying?

No sir. What he's saying is that he takes notes when / while he is doing autopsies. He can't remember anything about the day of the TM autopsy. He's answering the questions based on his notes.

IOW he does tons of autopsies and this one escaped his memory...

I would EXPECT some defense motion for sanctions against the prosecution.

The State either saw those notes earlier in which case they should have been provided to the defense

OR they failed to even glean from their own expert that he had prepared them, but that might mean that they are still CHARGED with their constructive possession (in which case they ought to have been shared with the defense).

And what if the "notes" contain ANY exculpatory information?

They already have one for not turning over discovery, there was a big attorney, ex-prosecutor snitch battle at the beginning. The prosecution will be paying up at some point in trial when they get back around to that.

.....<snip>....

I have done work for the innocence project for almost 20 years.
Uh, hate to inform you of this but every one of those cases involves THE DEFENDANTS and not ONE of them involves the prosecution using DNA to help a defendant in a criminal case.

Respectfully, this case IS NOT a who done it and no one's identity is at issue in this case.
Everyone that you posted above, EVERY ONE involves freeing someone based ON A WRONG IDENTITY.
Hate to break it to you this late in the game but Zimmerman IS NOT DENYING he is the man that shot and killed Trayvon Martin.
So how does your post above with all those names on it have anything to do with it and have anything to do with the guilt of innocence in this case which involves NOT a who done it and an issue of identity but self defense?
I think the prosecution has brought in DNA testing in an attempt to prove certain things could not have happened as Zimmerman claims them to have...like trying to prove that Trayvon never touched the gun.

On that issue, I think that the jury will remember that Zimmerman said he thought that Trayvon was reaching for the gun. He didn't say that he ever touched it.

At first, Zimmerman said he did touch it.

Seriously, do I have to get the link. It was shown so many times in here already.

DAMN.
Could be that Trayvon touched the holster only. He could not be excluded from the mixed DNA found on the holster. I seriously doubt that Trayvon ever had the gun itself "in his hand". I don't doubt that he (or his bodily fluids) may have come in contact with the holster.

No sir. What he's saying is that he takes notes when / while he is doing autopsies. He can't remember anything about the day of the TM autopsy. He's answering the questions based on his notes.

IOW he does tons of autopsies and this one escaped his memory...

And those notes are discoverable should litigation occur.

Damn! I hate when they recess for lunch! Makes me hungry! ....and I just ate three bags of popcorn!

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
:beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back