The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's almost the shootin' match.

There's little evidence now that Martin "grabbed" Zimmerman head and slammed it into the concrete.

Hence the dispelling of one of the major Zimmerman's lies.

:eusa_whistle:

That's funny. A stupid assertion for sure, but also funny. Amazingly enough one doesn't need to scratch someone to slam their head into the sidewalk. Or to pound them with their fist etc.

Frankly had the DA gone with criminally negligent homicide I think they would have won their case hands down. But charging murder 2 and then with their presentation of the case being such a joke....I think they are in serious trouble.

But, as always, the jury will decide and they can be fickle things.

Actually, they kinda do............................

Especially if the person they are slamming has a broken nose and is spewing blood all over the place (as GZ claimed).

Ever had a broken nose? 95 percent of the time, you spew like a geyser.

The other 5 percent of the time, at least you have a runner (which is a slight nosebleed).

I've never had a broken nose (and I've had at least 3) without some blood coming through.

Why was there none of GZ's DNA on Trayvon?

Ummmm, and this is merely a guess...Trayvon was on top of GZ and the last time I checked gravity wants to push things towards the center of the planet...not out into space.
That would explain the cut to the back of his head and the obviously messed up nose in the pictures.

Please note I don't approve of what GZ did, but you armchair CSI types are amusing as hell.
You ignore basic physics and believe whatever the CSI BS you watched last night. The real world works different from TV and you should take that into consideration. Real cases are messy and rarely go together easy. In fact good detectives are always suspicious when a case falls together easy because THAT isn't normal.

Judge Rules Trayvon Martin’s Drug Use and History of Violence Not Currently Admissible in Court

May 28 2013

George Zimmerman’s defense team last week publicly released the contents of Trayvon Martin’s cell phone. On the phone they found text messages and images relating to street fighting, drug use, illegal gun ownership and problems at school/home.

In a recent ruling the judge for the case, Debra Nelson, said that evidence will not be initially admissible. Zimmerman’s defense team hopes to introduce the evidence to show that Martin had a predisposition to engage in fighting and violent behavior and possibly show him as the aggressor.

According to CBS News,

Nelson ruled Tuesday that George Zimmerman’s defense may not bring up Trayvon Martin’s past marijuana use, school suspensions or fighting at trial without another ruling granting them permission

This likely means that Nelson would only allow information about Martin’s past if the prosecution brings up Zimmerman’s past first.

Also recently released were higher resolution, color photos of George Zimmerman’s injuries, showing more physical damage than initial black and white photos initially released.​

Judge Rules Trayvon Martin?s Drug Use and History of Violence Not Currently Admissible in Court

--------------------------------

Text messages about Martin's smoking marijuana and trouble at school were released by Zimmerman's defense attorneys last week. The photos released by the defense team also show Martin blowing smoke and making an obscene gesture toward the camera.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told the judge that Martin's marijuana use and past fighting was central to the argument that Zimmerman used self-defense when he confronted Martin last year at a gated community in Sanford, Fla. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder. He has pleaded not guilty.

"We have a lot of evidence that marijuana use had something to do with the event," O'Mara said. "It could have affected his behavior."

Also on Tuesday, Nelson ruled that a toxicology test showing that Martin had marijuana in his system at the time of his death could not be discussed during opening statements.

The judge ruled against a defense request that the pool of jury candidates be sequestered during jury selection. Nelson denied a prosecution request for a gag order that would prohibit attorneys from talking about the case.​

Trayvon Martin Update: Judge denies delay of George Zimmerman's June 10 murder trial - Crimesider - CBS News

So Trayvan's history of violence and drug use isn't admissible. Strange that is the thing that led to this incident in the first place. The judge is desperately trying to make a conviction easy yet the prosecution still is having problems proving their case.

Trayvan's history of violence and drug use should NOT be admissible! Trayvon simply wanted to get home with his Skittles and tea. His mindset was not to attack and beat anyone he came across that night... He did not attack the clerk in the store where he bought his Skittles and tea, did he? Where was that uncontrollable violent beast that some right wing media sources are trying to conjure up with allusions to Martin's youthful misdemeanors?

Has anyone stopped to remember that Martin was confronted by and killed by Zimmerman.
Martin was minding his own business...It was Zimmerman who invaded Martin's space and
behaved in a manner that apparently provoked a confrontation. He made Martin feel threatened. BINGO! If Martin had been armed he would have been justified in shooting and killing Zimmerman... that is, if he was anyone other than a black teenager.

Zimmerman has proven to be a liar, a killer and a con artist! From that perspective it is hard to believe that he has become a cult hero of the right wingers. All it took was for Black people to seek justice on a national appeal when it seemed there would be none locally. That brought the closet racists and freaks out of the woodwork even though Zimmerman looks like a mestizo. The shame of Sandford, Fla. has left a stain in the fabric of American justice that is not fading anytime soon!

Judge Rules Trayvon Martin’s Drug Use and History of Violence Not Currently Admissible in Court

May 28 2013

George Zimmerman’s defense team last week publicly released the contents of Trayvon Martin’s cell phone. On the phone they found text messages and images relating to street fighting, drug use, illegal gun ownership and problems at school/home.

In a recent ruling the judge for the case, Debra Nelson, said that evidence will not be initially admissible. Zimmerman’s defense team hopes to introduce the evidence to show that Martin had a predisposition to engage in fighting and violent behavior and possibly show him as the aggressor.

According to CBS News,

Nelson ruled Tuesday that George Zimmerman’s defense may not bring up Trayvon Martin’s past marijuana use, school suspensions or fighting at trial without another ruling granting them permission

This likely means that Nelson would only allow information about Martin’s past if the prosecution brings up Zimmerman’s past first.

Also recently released were higher resolution, color photos of George Zimmerman’s injuries, showing more physical damage than initial black and white photos initially released.​

Judge Rules Trayvon Martin?s Drug Use and History of Violence Not Currently Admissible in Court

--------------------------------

Text messages about Martin's smoking marijuana and trouble at school were released by Zimmerman's defense attorneys last week. The photos released by the defense team also show Martin blowing smoke and making an obscene gesture toward the camera.

Zimmerman's attorney, Mark O'Mara, told the judge that Martin's marijuana use and past fighting was central to the argument that Zimmerman used self-defense when he confronted Martin last year at a gated community in Sanford, Fla. Zimmerman is charged with second-degree murder. He has pleaded not guilty.

"We have a lot of evidence that marijuana use had something to do with the event," O'Mara said. "It could have affected his behavior."

Also on Tuesday, Nelson ruled that a toxicology test showing that Martin had marijuana in his system at the time of his death could not be discussed during opening statements.

The judge ruled against a defense request that the pool of jury candidates be sequestered during jury selection. Nelson denied a prosecution request for a gag order that would prohibit attorneys from talking about the case.​

Trayvon Martin Update: Judge denies delay of George Zimmerman's June 10 murder trial - Crimesider - CBS News

So Trayvan's history of violence and drug use isn't admissible. Strange that is the thing that led to this incident in the first place. The judge is desperately trying to make a conviction easy yet the prosecution still is having problems proving their case.

Trayvan's history of violence and drug use should NOT be admissible! Trayvon simply wanted to get home with his Skittles and tea. His mindset was not to attack and beat anyone he came across that night... He did not attack the clerk in the store where he bought his Skittles and tea, did he? Where was that uncontrollable violent beast that some right wing media sources are trying to conjure up with allusions to Martin's youthful misdemeanors?

Has anyone stopped to remember that Martin was confronted by and killed by Zimmerman.
Martin was minding his own business...It was Zimmerman who invaded Martin's space and
behaved in a manner that apparently provoked a confrontation. He made Martin feel threatened. BINGO! If Martin had been armed he would have been justified in shooting and killing Zimmerman... that is, if he was anyone other than a black teenager.

Zimmerman has proven to be a liar, a killer and a con artist! From that perspective it is hard to believe that he has become a cult hero of the right wingers. All it took was for Black people to seek justice on a national appeal when it seemed there would be none locally. That brought the closet racists and freaks out of the woodwork even though Zimmerman looks like a mestizo. The shame of Sandford, Fla. has left a stain in the fabric of American justice that is not fading anytime soon!

I agree on the drug use but I don't agree with you on the violence aspect. That should be admissible because it establishes a pattern of behavior that supports GZ's side of the story.
Now I understand you don't really want justice to be served but that's how the legal system works.

If there's no DNA under Martin's fingernails, I find it difficult that he could have been "bashing" Zimmerman's head into the ground.

Now, was he sitting atop Zimmerman and punching him in the face? Some are saying that's what Martin was doing, but there are no wounds reported to Martin's hands. No cuts, no bruises, only a minor scrape on one of his fingers.

So that rules out Martin punching the man in the face while sitting atop him.

If the Zimmerman story is to be believed, than you must believe that he had both hands free as the gun was not drawn yet. But if you're getting your face punched, is it logical that you would keep allowing your face to get punched while you use one of your two free hands to fish around for your gun?

The DNA evidence this week has tilted this case in favor of the prosecution, imho.

I do not think that Zimmerman's story holds as much water as it did months ago.

If there's no DNA under Martin's fingernails, I find it difficult that he could have been "bashing" Zimmerman's head into the ground.

Now, was he sitting atop Zimmerman and punching him in the face? Some are saying that's what Martin was doing, but there are no wounds reported to Martin's hands. No cuts, no bruises, only a minor scrape on one of his fingers.

So that rules out Martin punching the man in the face while sitting atop him.

If the Zimmerman story is to be believed, than you must believe that he had both hands free as the gun was not drawn yet. But if you're getting your face punched, is it logical that you would keep allowing your face to get punched while you use one of your two free hands to fish around for your gun?

The DNA evidence this week has tilted this case in favor of the prosecution, imho.

I do not think that Zimmerman's story holds as much water as it did months ago.

All of this combined with the fact that George Zimmerman is a pathological liar all adds up to a guilty verdict. If the jury can see through the bullshit, that is.

He was molesting her from when he was 8-18, she was 6-16. Is that child's sex play or molestation?

Sarah keeps "forgetting" to use the word "allegedly."

Oops.

Her mistake.

Or maybe she just wants to pretend that she "knows," without even having been there.

:cuckoo:

Sarah allegedly keeps "forgetting" to use the word "allegedly."

Do I constantly have to follow you around, fixing things?

I fogot the "r" for a second. But I EDITED it within such a short time period that the "edit" line doesn't even show up.

Leave it to YOU to snag me for it.

:evil:

(I hate "r" some days.) :cool:

You made my point...thanks. Your problem comes out when someone disagrees with you. Social misfit?

My problem comes when people post stupid shit. You make that goal presently. Quit posting stupid shit and I wont call you on it all the time.

Furthered making my point...get off the short yellow bus...check your anger at the door...do some research and catch up....open your mind.

Then come back and try it again...right now you look like this: :banghead:
Yes. Banging my head againt the hard wall of your stupidity.
No more. You are incapable of reading and evaluating evidence. That marks you as having inferior intelligence. And ignore worthy.

My problem comes when people post stupid shit. You make that goal presently. Quit posting stupid shit and I wont call you on it all the time.

Furthered making my point...get off the short yellow bus...check your anger at the door...do some research and catch up....open your mind.

No more. You are incapable of reading and evaluating evidence. That marks you as having inferior intelligence. And ignore worthy.

I've been scrolling past his stupid walls of text or days. Welcome to the club which is growing by leaps and bounds. All we have to do to get rid of him is to ignore him off the forum.

I've been scrolling past his stupid walls of text or days. Welcome to the club which is growing by leaps and bounds. All we have to do to get rid of him is to ignore him off the forum.

He's no better than the other psychos on this board. They post crap they made up and when called on it post some more crap like it never happened. People like that have no credibility. Thus not worth wasting time over.

25 claimed Zimmerman went for his gun and provoked martin, then he claimed Zimmerman fumbling in his pockets exposed the gun and provoked Martin and now he is claiming he never said either. And since one can not go back more then 24 hours to change their posts his claims are all in this thread for all to see.

I believe his speculation is not only wrong but pure fabrication.

where did you get this "beat up his wife" thing?

from ..this?:eusa_eh:

In August 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiancee, Veronica Zuazo, filed a civil motion for a restraining order alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman counterfiled for a restraining order against Zuazo. The competing claims were resolved with both restraining orders being granted.

Zimmerman accused of domestic violence, fighting with a police officer - U.S. News

you realize she didn't file a

Lose your train of thought? :)

My mistake, it was his fiancee and he did counterfile. It was still a domestic violence charge against him.

yes becasue I realized my question as to why she didn't file criminal charges for a protective or restating order, really don't matter, unless we see the report etc. its meaningless.

you do realize that when a judge provides counter protection theres usually a very good reason...right?

Yeah because Z's grandfather was a constable.

25 claimed Zimmerman went for his gun and provoked martin, then he claimed Zimmerman fumbling in his pockets exposed the gun and provoked Martin and now he is claiming he never said either. And since one can not go back more then 24 hours to change their posts his claims are all in this thread for all to see.

You dont have to believe it. It is demonstrated fact.

The problem with George Zimmerman.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUlIv3Ca8AI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUlIv3Ca8AI[/ame]

If Zimmerman was a "white racist" out to kill himself a black kid why was his gun still holstered when he had been knocked to the ground and was being hit repeatedly and having his head"impacted" into the concrete walk? If he wanted to kill Mr. Martin wouldn't he have had his gun drawn the moment Mr. Martin approached? He didn't draw the gun until he had no other way to resist the attack by Mr. Martin.

Is there a witness who saw the altercation, or are you taking Z's word for what happened? I would weigh Z's account when I could hear TM's.
why is it that when he had made almost 50 calls in the past to report suspicious people he never once used his gun?

If I was out at night, even out here where there is nothing but bobcats to attack you, and someone 'went for their gun' or made me THINK they 'went for their gun' I would do 1 or two things: I would either run away in a zig zag pattern, or I would have the hands in the air saying, 'hey man, let's be reasonable here.' I would not jump them. That would be the height of stupid. I have no doubt Trayvon was the height of stupid. And 25's airheaded theories of necessity lead me to that same conclusion about him.

did the state mention any of that before it rested

If so, I did not hear it. But, I was doing other things and not watching every minute of it.

If t he prosecution didn't put that forward in the trial, then it is 'retahded, suh' to keep putting it forward as a theory.

If so, I did not hear it. But, I was doing other things and not watching every minute of it.

If t he prosecution didn't put that forward in the trial, then it is 'retahded, suh' to keep putting it forward as a theory.

i have reviewed every witness so far

and i could not find that kooky theory

Blackstone's Formulation in American Jurisprudence:

In criminal law, Blackstone's formulation (also known as Blackstone's ratio or the Blackstone ratio) is the principle that:

"It is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer",

...as expressed by the English jurist William Blackstone in his seminal work, Commentaries on the Laws of England, published in the 1760s.

It is worth note that the actual numbers are not generally seen as important, so much as the idea that the State should not cause undue or mistaken harm "just in case". Historically, the details of the ratio change, but the message that government and the courts must err on the side of innocence is constant

Blackstone's formulation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back