The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said that threats of violence were protected. I posted that to show you dweebs that the 'n' word or it's equivalents, which you all claim Z said, is not considered by the courts to be a 'fighting word.' I even bolded it and put it in red. Now, what did Z say to li'l Trayvon that was a threat of violence. And don't give me any more of that 'following' shit. Z lived there in that complex, and had the right to be there.

SS

I don't remember anyone in this tread making a claim that Zimmerman used the "'n' word or it's equivalents" to Martin.

The pursuit of Martin by Zimmerman will be a lynchpin of the prosecution case. You may want to email Mr. Del la Rionda not to use it because you don't think it's valid in this case.

Martin was also in an area that he had a right to be there.

>>>>

Would any of you be arguing GZ's point of view if TM was one of your unarmed teenage relatives?

I doubt it seriously.

So what REALLY then are we debating here?

HMMMMMM?

I raised two teenagers. They were never out carousing around the neighborhood at night. They were never expelled from school. They stayed at home at night and did school work. In the summer they did other things like band and camp, etc. Your question is stupid and entirely moot.

SS

I find it hard to believe that your daughters never went to the store around 7:00PM, never?

Can we also assume that your daughters were never arrested for felony assault on a police officer, never directed to anger management classes as part of a pretrial diversion program?

>>>>

Yes, you can assume that. And after this, you'd better leave my kids the fuck out of it.

From my understaing, not quite.

From the same link that Sunshine provided:

"The Supreme Court reversed Street's conviction because his comments, considered a possible factor in his conviction, were constitutionally protected by the First Amendment. Emphasizing that the mere offensiveness of words does not strip them of constitutional protection, the Court again noted that fighting words must present an actual threat of immediate violence, not merely offensive content."​

The fighting words doctrine does not protect whatever words are spoken. Only offensive speech. If a person conveys a thread of immediate violence, that is not protected under fighting words.

ETA: Just to be clear I'm not saying there is any evidence of fighting words that night.

>>>>

I never said that threats of violence were protected. I posted that to show you dweebs that the 'n' word or it's equivalents, which you all claim Z said, is not considered by the courts to be a 'fighting word.' I even bolded it and put it in red. Now, what did Z say to li'l Trayvon that was a threat of violence. And don't give me any more of that 'following' shit. Z lived there in that complex, and had the right to be there.

SS

Maybe not to the courts but to a black person it is fighting words in the circumstances and context in which the ****** word was used.

There is no evidence that Zimmerman used the word ****** that night, Sunshine is attempting to divert and is using a clear strawman fallacy (arguing against something not claimed) in doing so.

>>>>

My teenage relatives would answer questions posed by an adult. They wouldn't bloody his nose and head or cop an attitude because they were being asked why they were hanging around outside at night in the rain. Seriously.

My daughter goes to school away from home. She and I took martial arts when she was growing up.

My daughter has been trained that if a guy following you halfway across campus (housing development) and then pursues you on foot after trying to get away is always to be treated as a threat. If they get close, take them out. Key shafts extending between fingers to go for the eyes. Side kick to the knees to keep them from chasing you.

>>>>

Walking behind someone is not illegal. You probably set the poor girl up for a similar situation.

Never said it was. Chasing someone half-way cross campus in a vehicle and then chasing them on foot though is threatening.

Hope not, but she's been trained not to grapple and engage like happened with Zimmerman and Martin (she's 5'2' and 130 lbs) - she's been trained to go for the eye and knees (or balls) to temporarily disable the threatening individual and then run like hell.

Following a woman in your vehicle then chase after her on foot? Doubt any jury in the country would convict her for defending herself. I'd much rather path the attorney fee then the funeral director.

>>>>

Last edited:

SS

Maybe not to the courts but to a black person it is fighting words in the circumstances and context in which the ****** word was used.

There is no evidence that Zimmerman used the word ****** that night, Sunshine is attempting to divert and is using a clear strawman fallacy (arguing against something not claimed) in doing so.

>>>>

Where have you been? It has been all over the internet for months that in the 911 call Z said 'fucking coons.' I think he could have just as easily said, 'fucking kids.' But the race baiters are all over this one. And, no doubt, blacks can consider what they want to be fighting words. Clearly sneaky thinks they should be above the laws the rest of us must abide by.

>>>>

Where have you been? It has been all over the internet for months that in the 911 call Z said 'fucking coons.' I think he could have just as easily said, 'fucking kids.' But the race baiters are all over this one. And, no doubt, blacks can consider what they want to be fighting words. Clearly sneaky thinks they should be above the laws the rest of us must abide by.

I ignored it because...

......... #1 I'm not driven by what the media says, I attempt to examine the direct evidence and statements released through discovery, and

......... #2 When I listened to the tapes it didn't sound like "coons" to me. I hadn't heard "kids" before, an enhanced tape I listened to before sounded more like "punks" to me.

>>>>

I beg to differ with your assertion that any comment of mine is stupid Sunshine. As far as "leaving your kids out of it", why then did you initiate hostilities concerning the situations and preparations of WW's KIDS? Also, let me state for the record that Zimmerman is a PUNK! In the truest definition of the word. An adult. Trained in law enforcement. Receiving instructions from police dispatch. A neighborhood watch captain (albeit illegally in that capacity since the group wasn't registered). AND PACKING A LOADED PISTOL!

Against an UNARMED, innocent, high school teenager.

According to GZ, these things led to him shooting a minor to death in the street who want doing anything to him or others.

DISGUSTING!

SMH

SS

>>>>

He did not say ****** and he did not say coon. I don't know where that's coming from, unless it's the edited NBC 911 call, but that's bs.

CNN repeatedly put GZ calling TM a racial slur that rhymed with "boon". How did you miss that Testy?

King you need to provide a link...he has been pretty much cleared of racial slurs to my knowledge...MSNBC was drumming up all kinds of things that have been shot down. Again, the trayvon has enough to prosecute based on merit...they dont need racial add ons.

Again, find it and provide a link and let us decide if you are so convinced of it...otherwise it appears you are relying on hearsay or someone elses assumptions. There is a reason that the racial slurs accusations died pretty quick in the media...they were edited assumptions-many of them.

CNN repeatedly put GZ calling TM a racial slur that rhymed with "boon". How did you miss that Testy?

So you know... The US Justice Dept. and the FBI - yep the US Justice Dept did an investigation into this as a hate crime.

They did not take any action - well the POTUS went on national tv with his big mouth - but, they did not take any action, because it wasn't a hate crime. It was bullshit propped up, national, media fire, Al Sharpton hype. that should have never gone to the federal level.

So, whatever CNN or whatever other ratings tv show says about "coon", I'm pretty sure the feds checked it out during their investigation.

I sat here and watched and listened to that recording 20 times live on CNN who had a sound technician in their "best in the world" production studio. I'm not relying on anything but my own ears.

But fine.

Let me get a link...

okay...

I'm listening to jury selection and watching the trial. I'm NOT hashing stuff - if the prosecution plays it for us and say he said coon there!!!!!!!!!!!! Then we can talk about it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back