The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was all fn mad last night - who is the guy that M O'M said he still needs to depose?

I doubt he did it last night.

What? He testified "No" to the question of whether "use of the gun was reckless.." Who is this guy? They sure jumped on that one with an objection. :cool:

George Zimmerman's lawyer literally flipped a prosecution witness -- a gray, foam dummy -- to re-enact the defense's version of the confrontation that ended in the death of Trayvon Martin, straddling the mannequin and bashing its head against the floor as stunned jurors looked on Wednesday.

The mannequin was initially introduced by prosecutor John Guy during cross-examination of defense witness Dennis Root, a former law enforcement officer who testified as an expert on defensive use of force. Guy used it to show how, if Martin were straddling Zimmerman, he would have had difficulty reaching for a gun holstered at his waist.

After Guy wrapped up his round of questioning, lead defense attorney Mark O'Mara stepped up.

"May I use your doll?" asked O'Mara.

:laugh:

No that's my point. I could not have happened exactly as his said. Physically impossible.

why---are you claiming he's not strong enough? He shows the mechanics of the movement in your video.

Exactly. In the video he can't still be pinning the guy's hand when he reaches for the gun. Look at his arm rotate and release the pinned hand. Can't be done. You can't hold an assailants hand in your arm pit while you are drawing and firing a gun in someones chest. Simply can't be done.

You're putting too much weight on this hole.

No that's my point. I could not have happened exactly as his said. Physically impossible.

why---are you claiming he's not strong enough? He shows the mechanics of the movement in your video.

Exactly. In the video he can't still be pinning the guy's hand when he reaches for the gun. Look at his arm rotate and release the pinned hand. Can't be done. You can't hold an assailants hand in your arm pit while you are drawing and firing a gun in someones chest. Simply can't be done.

Horseshit--wrists are flexible.

I just turned on the tv long enough to watch that judge berate West and FORCING Zimmerman to say whether he would testify or not. Can she do that? Override attorney client privilege on their choice of when or IF he will testify???

Further, I don't believe GZ has the ability to pin anyone's hand. He's a .5 out of 10 fighter. Pin the guy in defense, draw and fire while being attacked? Or TM stopped and was possibly getting up?

They didn't say Zimmerman was weak.

I just turned on the tv long enough to watch that judge berate West and FORCING Zimmerman to say whether he would testify or not. Can she do that? Override attorney client privilege on their choice of when or IF he will testify???

She's busy giving women a bad name.

The feed I have has the local commentators discussing what's going on (on re-direct of Root). They seem to think that the prosecutor Guy may have "opened the door" to the line of defense questioning which the judge had previously closed. Kind of a possible rookie mistake.

They seem to believe that Bernie is pissed about it and tried (before lunch) to stop Guy from going there.

whoops.

The commentators are talking about a standard pitfall of "asking one question too many."

Those can be hilarious.

If you're running around playing cop which we know GZ was doing from all his complaints about people to 911, don't bring a gun with you. Anybody could do that and get away with killing people. Because it isn't hard to go up to someone like GZ did and provoke anyone. Do that with a gun and end up shooting them dead, and you'll be convicted of manslaughter.

He wasn't running around playing cop.
He was legally authorized to carry a gun.
Zimmerman didn't provoke anyone.
The gun saved Zimmerman's life.
He won't be convicted of manslaughter. Or anything else.

So otehr than being completely wrong and a slimy crotch jockey you've got it covered.

You missed the point. You can't do both, play cop and do it with a gun. That he had a CHL is irrelevant.

He wasn't playing cop? I mean, who doesn't know that?

You better prepare for a manslaughter conviction. It's coming soon. LOL

So far, the most logical explanation is that Martin was leaning over Zimmerman. Testimony supports that, forensic evidence supports that. Today it looks like they prosecution KNOWS they are beaten and are trying to raise reasonable doubt that it was the way the defense has shown it was. But that isn't enough. The prosecution has to prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. They have not and they cannot.

Yes... if you delete GZ's account about how he pinned TM's arm while he thought TM was going for the gun... if GZ made that up, then it would make sense that TM did not see GZ go for the gun, draw the gun, and shoot TM in self defens. That is a plausible scenario. It's also plausible that GZ's mind may have made up the whole pinning arm thing.

TM sure as hell didn't see it happening quickly enough to stop it. Maybe he should have waved his white flag quicker ?

That's what I think may have happened... TM may have finally stopped wailing on him and was finally letting GZ go ( about damn time ) which would have given GZ access to the gun.

Last edited:
If you're running around playing cop which we know GZ was doing from all his complaints about people to 911, don't bring a gun with you. Anybody could do that and get away with killing people. Because it isn't hard to go up to someone like GZ did and provoke anyone. Do that with a gun and end up shooting them dead, and you'll be convicted of manslaughter.

He wasn't running around playing cop.
He was legally authorized to carry a gun.
Zimmerman didn't provoke anyone.
The gun saved Zimmerman's life.
He won't be convicted of manslaughter. Or anything else.

So otehr than being completely wrong and a slimy crotch jockey you've got it covered.

You missed the point. You can't do both, play cop and do it with a gun. That he had a CHL is irrelevant.

He wasn't playing cop? I mean, who doesn't know that?

You better prepare for a manslaughter conviction. It's coming soon. LOL

Repeating your failed points isn't argument, s0n.

Yes... if you delete GZ's account about how he pinned TM's arm while he thought TM was going for the gun... if GZ made that up, then it would make sense that TM did not see GZ go for the gun, draw the gun, and shoot TM in self defens. That is a plausible scenario. It's also plausible that GZ's mind may have made up the whole pinning arm thing.

TM sure as hell didn't see it happening quickly enough to stop it. Maybe he should have waved his white flag quicker ?

That's what I think happened... TM may have finally stopped wailing on him and was finally letting GZ go ( about damn time ) which would have given GZ access to the gun.

that's great ---you can convict him in your back yard or something.

h6CB7CC4E

That's what I think happened... TM may have finally stopped wailing on him and was finally letting GZ go ( about damn time ) which would have given GZ access to the gun.
That's murder

You're slipping :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back