The Official Zimmerman Trial Verdict Thread

What are your Initial Thoughts on the Guilt or Innocence of George Zimmerman?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge Ms. Impartiality (cough) is in a tight spot though. I have heard rumors along the underground info service that the Orlando and Sanford police are preparing themselves for a reaction to an innocent verdict. I'm sure she is thinking she and her home could be a target for some extra protest demonstrations too. And also I'm sure the designated and paid demonstrators are also planning their game plan.

I wonder who has compiled the names and addresses of jury members to hand out to the mob?

I can remember when stuff like that didn't factor into the justice system.

I've been saying all along that she just doesn't want to have to face the angry mob alone.

My "ignorance" has bounds alright The "bounds" are the four corners of your square head.
If it escapes that tight confine then I might be concerned.

Do you have any link to back up that knee jerk definition you just coughed up! Keep in mind that we are talking about Florida law not any other state.

If I am wrong give me something to prove I am wrong. I am not interested in your gut feelings or excerpts from the KKK debate team's perspective on this matter!~

Only idiots and people who have an agenda ever mention stand your ground in reference to this case.

I will leave it to history to judge the fact that having an agenda actually requires intelligence.

In other words, you can't backup your frivolous statements...

You want me to post links to prove something that has not happened? If this is actually about stand your ground you should be able to bring up all the instances that the defense brought it up, and how the state has worked very hard to prove them wrong. Since that has not happened, I see no need to refute it.

My wife made a pot roast tonight for dinner. Well, she's been cooking it all day, but we had it for dinner. Anyway, I thought I would try a little BBQ Sauce on it and DAMN WAS IT GOOD! After 25 years, I don't know why I never tried it before. The same goes for Meatloaf and A-1 Steak Sauce, which is mighty tasty I must say.

As for the Prosecutions rebuttal witnesses, all I have to say is, "Oh man, where did you get your law degree, Bob's online law school and typewriter repair?" holy crap!

There was nothing in the judge's questioning of Zimmerman that was even remotely related to any "concern" about the possibility that Zimmerman (like any other witness) might lie.

I don't think the jury was privy to this "discussion" which does look like it was done outside of their presence, thank goodness.

I'm not saying there was. I'm saying if she had not asked HIM, it would have looked as though his lawyer could not put him on the stand for ethical reasons. Whether the jury heard it or not, I think it was a good thing. She will likely make it known to the jury that HE made the decision. If I were Zimmerman I wouldn't want to testify either. I would be a wreck. I think I have been in some key places to see the kind of emotional turmoil people go through when there is a criminal accusation against them. I have also seen the fools who won't settle for probation but rather want their 'name cleared' and end up in the pen.

I assumed it was standard procedure to ask the defendant if he wanted to testify.

'Someone' opined that she could tell that GZ did want to testify. CNN or HLN commentator with long hair--'yes, I have covered many trials and I could tell GZ really wanted to testify'.

Then another person opined that it could have been a defense strategy--to wait until the end of the day to decide, keeping the prosecution guessing--when they, defendant and counsel knew he would not testify.

I don't have much patience for all the opinions.

A panel member said, 'As a juror I wouldn't be satisfied until I heard from the defendant's own mouth why he chose to leave his vehicle.'

shrug--That is not a burning issue to me after all the testimony.

I'm not sure what Florida's procedural code says. But I do know the ABA Code of Professional Conduct says that an attorney cannot put a person on the stand he KNOWS is going to commit perjury. It also says some things about perpetrating a fraud upon the court. Deep stuff.

Friday at the latest.

I'm just not convinced of that, Templar. I'm really not.

I think this guy might get sacrificed on the Altar Of Stupidity And Political Correctness.

If not Murder II, Manslaughter or maybe even Assault.

Something. I hope I'm wrong.

I would love to see the left go apoplectic

You are entitled to believe what you wish, Edgetho. He has all the stars aligned in his favor, regardless of the bias coming from the judge. If he is convicted here, it will be overturned on appeal. It will be a miscarriage of justice to convict a man without preponderance of evidence to suggest he committed the crime for which he is accused.

I don't believe Appeals Courts overturn based on evidence. Not even sure they review evidence.

I think they review based on mistakes and objections.

I could be wrong. I'm just a layman with a layman's knowledge. Which is very limited.

Maybe one of Attorney friends could jump in on this.

It would not have completely washed away stains.

The fact remains..that Martin's sleeves had no blood on them.

Not the hoodie. Not the shirt.

That would be strange if he had been stabbing Zimmerman.

It takes longer to get blood on you when you're on top, because of gravity and the injuries weren't arterial in nature, and it was raining which made it harder for blood to splatter. This didn't happen in a vacuum you know.

Just not sure how many inconsistencies you folks want to just wave your hand at..

Martin "Broke" Zimmerman's nose, but the blood went down Zimmerman's throat instead of out..

..Yet..he was able to scream and shout with all blood going down his throat. And with hands over his nose and mouth.

Martin bashed Zimmerman's head against the concrete..

..Yet..it was raining..he wounds were insignificant and no DNA got transferred to his hoodie or shirt or hands.

Martin went for Zimmerman's gun..

..Yet..the gun was located over Zimmerman's butt and in an internal holster under a shirt and jacket. And Zimmerman, who "can't throw a punch" was able to accomplish a complicated arm lock..and pull his gun at the same time.

How much of this stuff do you let fly?

You do know that the nasal cavities actually drain into your throat, don't you?

Well. I missed the morning. I saw much of the afternoon. Don't tell Sarie that I also squeezed in some work with this crap on in the background. It upsets her.

Anyway, the day went ok for the defense. The day SUCKED ass for the State persecutors. Good.

The rulings were typically fucked up but inconsistent.

And after a full day of work, the lawyers now get to put in a full night.

Thankfully, I am pretty sure that 90+ % of what they want to say in summation is already fully developed. Sewing up the bits and pieces of what else can now be intelligibly fit in (while predicting what the other side is going to say) is what remains.

I don't like the State starting Friday with summation rebuttal. I think closing arguments and jury instructions should all be done the same day.

I thought she said state's closing on Thursday, then Defense closing and state's rebuttal on Friday.

I'm not saying there was. I'm saying if she had not asked HIM, it would have looked as though his lawyer could not put him on the stand for ethical reasons. Whether the jury heard it or not, I think it was a good thing. She will likely make it known to the jury that HE made the decision. If I were Zimmerman I wouldn't want to testify either. I would be a wreck. I think I have been in some key places to see the kind of emotional turmoil people go through when there is a criminal accusation against them. I have also seen the fools who won't settle for probation but rather want their 'name cleared' and end up in the pen.

I assumed it was standard procedure to ask the defendant if he wanted to testify.

'Someone' opined that she could tell that GZ did want to testify. CNN or HLN commentator with long hair--'yes, I have covered many trials and I could tell GZ really wanted to testify'.

Then another person opined that it could have been a defense strategy--to wait until the end of the day to decide, keeping the prosecution guessing--when they, defendant and counsel knew he would not testify.

I don't have much patience for all the opinions.

A panel member said, 'As a juror I wouldn't be satisfied until I heard from the defendant's own mouth why he chose to leave his vehicle.'

shrug--That is not a burning issue to me after all the testimony.

Nor to me. And I think if he got rattled and came unglued on the stand it would be worse than not taking the stand at all.

The defense is the side that has to present a reasonable alternative theory to the prosecution's case. At the end WTF? It was the PROSECUTION that came out with an alternative theory of how it went down, one that had not set about to prove and did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

several times it has been mentioned--Casey Anthony did not take the stand/acquitted. Jodi Arias did/guilty.

I don't think I could have stood to watch the prosecution question GZ.

I wonder how the jury begins deliberations?

What a mountain of evidence they have.

I don't like the State starting Friday with summation rebuttal. I think closing arguments and jury instructions should all be done the same day.

I thought she said state's closing on Thursday, then Defense closing and state's rebuttal on Friday.

Wait! I thought she said state and defense tomorrow then rebuttal Friday?

Hell I need to get my facts restraightened up. Too much emotion and tequila.

GAH
:evil:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back