🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 The only group of blacks who deserve reparations are….

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
… those who lived in a Jim Crow state. These people would now be in their 60s or older, and a reasonable reparation plan could come from the state governments of those particular states, at perhaps $1,000 a month for the rest of their lives. (This is more than Holocaust victims got.)

So how would that work then?
If you were a Republican in a Jim Crow state who opposed reparations back then, you would still have to pay out because the Dems in charge passed discriminatory laws?

Unless these "reparations" are paid out strictly by the Dem parties that made them, how is that fair to anyone else?
Where would that money come from? Raise everyone's taxes, cut other services, print more fiat papers?

Maybe those groups could file class actions in those states but I'll never support something that forces innocent people to pay for something they never participated in.

So how would that work then?
If you were a Republican in a Jim Crow state who opposed reparations back then, you would still have to pay out because the Dems in charge passed discriminatory laws?

Well, the idea is that even if you opposed it, you still gained by the laws.*
Unless these "reparations" are paid out strictly by the Dem parties that made them, how is that fair to anyone else?
Where would that money come from? Raise everyone's taxes, cut other services, print more fiat papers?

Maybe those groups could file class actions in those states but I'll never support something that forces innocent people to pay for something they never participated in.
I’m trying to reach a compromise. You hear these blacks on this forum scream that every black, everywhere, deserves reparations even though they didn’t directly suffer from racism.

* In answering you, I just figured out a problem with this compromise. Whites whose taxes would be raised in these states to pay for it would just move. So it wouldn’t work. But it is a way to focus the idea of reparations going only to those who experienced systemic racism.

… those who lived in a Jim Crow state. These people would now be in their 60s or older, and a reasonable reparation plan could come from the state governments of those particular states, at perhaps $1,000 a month for the rest of their lives. (This is more than Holocaust victims got.)
That is thoughtful consideration. TY.

I personally don't know what to do, what would be fair and just and how....? I'm pretty certain the "details" when looked at thoroughly will be complicated, no matter what route is taken to make reparations.....

Here is a N.Y. Times article on the reparations we have given, and how they've worked or not worked for Native Americans, Japanese interned in camps, Blacks forced sterilized etc etc etc.

I hope you have a subscription...

Since it was Democrats (black and white) that owned slaves, then it was Democrats KKK who harassed freed slaves, and Democrats that continued to be a bother of free blacks till up to the 1960s, all Democrat voters should be taxed for reparations for those kin of the slaves. Sounds fair to me.

All we hear about is the damn Holocaust.

Since it was Democrats (black and white) that owned slaves, then it was Democrats KKK who harassed freed slaves, and Democrats that continued to be a bother of free blacks till up to the 1960s, all Democrat voters should be taxed for reparations for those kin of the slaves. Sounds fair to me.
Your lack of knowledge shows,

List of members of the United States Congress who owned ...​

1682170779431.png
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › List_of_members_of...

SenatorPartyStateTerm StartTerm End
John AdairDemocratic‑RepublicanKentuckyNovember 7, 1805March 1, 1833
Stephen AdamsDemocraticMississippiMarch 3, 1845March 2, 1857
James Lusk AlcornWhig, RepublicanMississippiDecember 3, 1871March 2, 1877

All we hear about is the damn Holocaust.
I used it merely as a comparison to how much reparations should be, you bigot. I sure bet you don’t say “all we hear about is damn slavery.”

Shame on you. You disgust me.

Your lack of knowledge shows,

List of members of the United States Congress who owned ...

View attachment 778517
Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org › wiki › List_of_members_of...

SenatorPartyStateTerm StartTerm End
John AdairDemocratic‑RepublicanKentuckyNovember 7, 1805March 1, 1833
Stephen AdamsDemocraticMississippiMarch 3, 1845March 2, 1857
James Lusk AlcornWhig, RepublicanMississippiDecember 3, 1871March 2, 1877
And what did I just say? You just complained that all you hear about is the Holocaust. And then you dive right into to slavery from the 1800s.

This is a perfect example of the antisemitism among leftists: slap around a Jew for bringing up, as a off-side remark, the Holocaust (the victims of whom are still living) and then dive right into slavery where every slave, and his offspring, is dead.

Jim Crow was national. The United States government made Jim Crow legal and it was made to apply to the entire country due to the SCOTUS.

White racist don't get to determine eligibility for reparations. I'll show why shortly.

The comment blacks owning slaves is dishonest. Furthermore Jim Crow was bipartisan. It was a Republican president who made the compromise that ended reconstruction and Jim Crow was the law through 12 Republican presidents. It's time you republicans stopped repeating that lie.

Finally, I will post this again.

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4,

Blacks are still getting screwed over because of racism right now, so talking about slavery and limiting things to southern states is not the answer. The answer is a multi year, multi trillion dollar investment in black people that is holistic which would encompass more thaan just imdividual paychecks.

Jim Crow was national. The United States government made Jim Crow legal and it was made to apply to the entire country due to the SCOTUS.

White racist don't get to determine eligibility for reparations. I'll show why shortly.

The comment blacks owning slaves is dishonest. Furthermore Jim Crow was bipartisan. It was a Republican president who made the compromise that ended reconstruction and Jim Crow was the law through 12 Republican presidents. It's time you republicans stopped repeating that lie.

Finally, I will post this again.

Citygroup did a study focusing on U.S. GDP from 2000 until 2020. The study revealed huge losses in GDP due to continuing discrimination against blacks in business revenue, education, housing credit, and income. The breakdown is as follows:

“Closing the Black racial wage gap 20 years ago might have provided an additional $2.7 trillion in income available for consumption and investment.

Improving access to housing credit might have added an additional 770,000 Black homeowners over the last 20 years, with combined sales and expenditures adding another $218 billion to GDP over that time.

Facilitating increased access to higher education (college, graduate, and vocational schools) for Black students might have bolstered lifetime incomes that in aggregate sums to $90 to $113 billion.

Providing fair and equitable lending to Black entrepreneurs might have resulted in the creation of an additional $13 trillion in business revenue over the last 20 years. This could have been used for investments in labor, technology, capital equipment, and structures and 6.1 million jobs might have been created per year.”

Dana M Peterson, Catherine L Mann, Closing the Racial Inequality Gaps, The Economic Cost of Black Inequality in the U.S., pg. 4,

Blacks are still getting screwed over because of racism right now, so talking about slavery and limiting things to southern states is not the answer. The answer is a multi year, multi trillion dollar investment in black people that is holistic which would encompass more thaan just imdividual paychecks.
The comment blacks owning slaves is dishonest.
Did Black People Own Slaves?
One of the most vexing questions in African-American history is whether free African Americans themselves owned slaves. The short answer to this question, as you might suspect, is yes, of course; some free black people in this country bought and sold other black people, and did so at least since 1654, continuing to do so right through the Civil War. For me, the really fascinating questions about black slave-owning are how many black "masters" were involved, how many slaves did they own and why did they own slaves?
You are such a fucking liar, i am amazed that your mother or father doesnt beat the shit out you for your falsehoods. Or maybe you were abandoned at birth, which explains everything...

Forum List

Back